Diablo® III

Expansion: Leah stay dead!

I want the expansion to be about killing Adria.
They hint at it a lot, if you talk to people in Bastion's Keep the nephalem promises to kill Adria but you never get to do it. If they're going to expand they damn well better let us get revenge on that traitorous b*tch.
Reply Quote
I don't think Leah should be ressurrected, being OK and act like nothing had happened. We would might free her soul and then get a vessel for that soul, so she could live in another body or, just something like that.
Edited by Mads#2610 on 12/23/2012 2:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
If you don't like pulp, it's clear you don't like Conan the Barbarian. And if you don't like Conan, you are not fit to be a man.

I don't like pulp in Diablo, son.

Read carefully.
Reply Quote
I believe she will come back in the form of meta-transcendental-panda spirit existing primarily on the higher plane of understanding and cuteness. Makes sense.
Reply Quote
i hate leah's character. good riddance i say.

Leah's design should of been male.

like the goofy/weak willed/book nerd type that turns into a serious bad a.ss./force to be reckoned with after his uncle cain dies.

not some whiney girl who never believed what Cain had to say, and for who, when the time calls, isn't strong enough to do anything, much less have the knowledge to help anyone.

im glad she's dead.
Edited by Kakashi#1364 on 2/13/2013 11:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
I think it would be rather poor storytelling to bring her back... which means she's going to come back.
Reply Quote
Our heroes, undoubtedly changed by their exposure to the evils, return to hunt down the witch Adria... a one way road....to hell.

This sentence I said to myself in that deep movie-trailer-guy voice.

I also added "Nicholas Cage as... the demon hunter" *explosion*
Reply Quote
09/10/2012 09:14 PMPosted by Kell
I finally got around to watching all the collector's edition content and based on that I've got the distinct impression that ya'll are thinking about bringing Leah back in an expansion. Please don't! One of the things I always loved about this universe is the mature and morose theme. Good people die in the real world and without cause. Not everyone can be saved and justice isn't always served. Maybe you can do something where we rescue her soul from hellish torment; but, I'd rather have her sequel surrounded by a theme of vengeance. We cant get her back but we can sure as hell make the one responsible pay. I'm thinking stories along the great tradition of gritty, dark revenge such as: Death Wish, Kill Bill, Edge of Darkness, Man on Fire, etc. Our heroes, undoubtedly changed by their exposure to the evils, return to hunt down the witch Adria... a one way road....to hell.

I just posted this elsewhere, but I say we don't have to bring Leah back. We can go to her. We've never seen where it is dead people go. I think it's high time we found out. We go to whatever afterlife sanctuary has, see Leah, make sure she has a better afterlife than the excuse of a life that was given her, and then come back.
Reply Quote
02/18/2013 11:43 AMPosted by Maddog
I finally got around to watching all the collector's edition content and based on that I've got the distinct impression that ya'll are thinking about bringing Leah back in an expansion. Please don't! One of the things I always loved about this universe is the mature and morose theme. Good people die in the real world and without cause. Not everyone can be saved and justice isn't always served. Maybe you can do something where we rescue her soul from hellish torment; but, I'd rather have her sequel surrounded by a theme of vengeance. We cant get her back but we can sure as hell make the one responsible pay. I'm thinking stories along the great tradition of gritty, dark revenge such as: Death Wish, Kill Bill, Edge of Darkness, Man on Fire, etc. Our heroes, undoubtedly changed by their exposure to the evils, return to hunt down the witch Adria... a one way road....to hell.

I just posted this elsewhere, but I say we don't have to bring Leah back. We can go to her. We've never seen where it is dead people go. I think it's high time we found out. We go to whatever afterlife sanctuary has, see Leah, make sure she has a better afterlife than the excuse of a life that was given her, and then come back.

I see that I'm not alone with this wish. I've thought that the playing character would actually be dead (a fallen hero). The entire expansion could take place in the afterlife (or the Unformed Land).
Reply Quote
it would be inconsistent if they brought her back, all previous prime evil vessels died. besides, they left plenty of space to go on with the story without even touching her name.

in the final cinematic, diablo's body is cast down from the heavens, it incinerates in the air and the only thing left is the stone, falling, lost somewhere. previous soulstones could only be destroyed in the hellforge (and maybe other "places of power"), so it's reasonable to suppose it weren't destroyed with the fall. also, if we can trust what Adria said that the demons were trying to scape and only Leah's power could hold them inside, it's also reasonable to suppose now they WILL scape. so I'd bet we will fight the 7 separated once again. (and if you remember Wrath video, diablo in it's "true" form is not a chick, so...)

also, diablo says at the end of act 3: "well done, my faithful adria. go now, until I call upon you again". and then adria goes. it's obvious that she'll play some role yet, possibly as a human boss like kule or maghda.

there's also the prophecy of the end of times, saying justice would fall upon the world of men (happened, literally), hope would be silenced by despair (also happened), wisdom would be lost (it's been lost for ages, but it hasn't been relevant yet, I'd guess Malthael will show up somewhere in the next exapnsion), valor would become wrath (Imperius did show a bit of madness, but not even close to what I would call "wrath", he might be a boss in the expansion...) and fate would become death (Itherael did nothing but a small speech in act 4, he has to do a lot more to become death...).
Reply Quote
it would be inconsistent if they brought her back, all previous prime evil vessels died. besides, they left plenty of space to go on with the story without even touching her name.

in the final cinematic, diablo's body is cast down from the heavens, it incinerates in the air and the only thing left is the stone, falling, lost somewhere. previous soulstones could only be destroyed in the hellforge (and maybe other "places of power"), so it's reasonable to suppose it weren't destroyed with the fall. also, if we can trust what Adria said that the demons were trying to scape and only Leah's power could hold them inside, it's also reasonable to suppose now they WILL scape. so I'd bet we will fight the 7 separated once again. (and if you remember Wrath video, diablo in it's "true" form is not a chick, so...)

also, diablo says at the end of act 3: "well done, my faithful adria. go now, until I call upon you again". and then adria goes. it's obvious that she'll play some role yet, possibly as a human boss like kule or maghda.

there's also the prophecy of the end of times, saying justice would fall upon the world of men (happened, literally), hope would be silenced by despair (also happened), wisdom would be lost (it's been lost for ages, but it hasn't been relevant yet, I'd guess Malthael will show up somewhere in the next exapnsion), valor would become wrath (Imperius did show a bit of madness, but not even close to what I would call "wrath", he might be a boss in the expansion...) and fate would become death (Itherael did nothing but a small speech in act 4, he has to do a lot more to become death...).

Wait, I thought it said death would spread its wings over all while fate lies shattered on the ground forever or something like that. Dang it, I need to go reread the prophecy.

If I'm right, I bet Malthael kills Ithereal and takes his Fate Profile and twists it into death, possibly mingling it with the justice profile.
Reply Quote

Wait, I thought it said death would spread its wings over all while fate lies shattered on the ground forever or something like that. Dang it, I need to go reread the prophecy.

If I'm right, I bet Malthael kills Ithereal and takes his Fate Profile and twists it into death, possibly mingling it with the justice profile.
Reply Quote

sorry, I wrote that above from my (flawed) memory, but still, Itherael is far from something important in the current state, which means he's still going to play his part in the story.
Edited by Mith#1516 on 2/23/2013 6:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
09/10/2012 09:14 PMPosted by Kell

As I see it Lead will play a role (maybe not in her human form) but she will play an important role. She will basically become the companion of our hero throughout the expansion. After we leave heaven we will find ourselves in Kingston (where the theives guild is at). She will give us our story line and mission as to what has occured. I also see Imperious and his followers playing a role too. Those two characters have a major role to play, and I just can not see blizzard pass up a story line like this. And of course the wicked witch herself will be there as well, this game just left too many open questions out there.
Edited by Fathertime#1788 on 2/23/2013 8:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
Well. I like Leah and I want to see her again. Spirit or human doesn't really matter as long as it will be a better life for her.
And for the "horror game" part... welll it's a game. If you want bad endings pick something for real life.
It will be inconsistent? lol... which part of deamons in the human world is consistent? :) It's a freaking game. Everithing is consistent as long as the game designer whants it.
Anyway I don't think they will listen to us anyway... THey never did with D3
Reply Quote
Let that horribly written character stay dead.I dare you bringing her back Blizzard!
Reply Quote
02/16/2013 08:14 PMPosted by Ricky2shoes
Our heroes, undoubtedly changed by their exposure to the evils, return to hunt down the witch Adria... a one way road....to hell.

This sentence I said to myself in that deep movie-trailer-guy voice.

I also added "Nicholas Cage as... the demon hunter" *explosion*

Nicholas Cage wouldn't make it past the start of Act 2, just after you meet Eirena for the first time.

You know why I'm right.
Reply Quote
Man on Fire

SPOILER:

he gets the girl back in the end

excellent move

Sorry, but in the novel "Man on Fire" by A.J. Quinnell (on which the two movies are based), Creasy doesn't rescue the girl - she's raped and killed by her abductors (which is what drives him to avenge her death with such ferocity).
Edited by Pueo711#1151 on 8/25/2013 3:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
They put a lot of effort into Leah for the cinematics, but she's terribly written (along with everything else) in the actual game. At this point I really couldn't care less if she stayed dead. Points brought up earlier in this necro'd thread about bringing back the dead are referring to Diablo, who obviously keeps coming back. Diablo's a demon, not a mortal person.

Pretty sad that the coolest part of Diablo story & lore is actually The Book of Cain.

Sorry, but in the novel "Man on Fire" by A.J. Quinnell (on which the two movies are based), Creasy doesn't rescue the girl - she's raped and killed by her abductors (which is what drives him to avenge her death with such ferocity).

Thank you, I'll never be able to look at one of my favorite movies the same ever again. :(
Edited by RedShift#1421 on 8/25/2013 3:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Well. I like Leah and I want to see her again. Spirit or human doesn't really matter as long as it will be a better life for her.And for the "horror game" part... welll it's a game. If you want bad endings pick something for real life.

It could end badly for her, though I have a few suspiscions of what could happen to her, I would much prefer her being around. They put a LOT of effort into making a "new face" for Diablo 3 as Deckard dies, I wouldn't see them just letting her die like that.

Again, everytime we've killed Diablo in the past (Diablo 1 and 2), the host actually dies AFTER the body is reverted back to normal, so there is a very good chance she was saved since she was in the High Heavens.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]