Diablo® III

They are all trash

So everyone has to take a stand lately

Poe is awsome !

Guild Wars 2 is teh bestzorz

Diablo 3 most selling game all time

What i don't understand is why none writes the truth

I am realistic, i had high hopes for Diablo 3 but it's boring as hell

So i went and tried Guild Wars 2 . This game was even more boring. So boring that at lvl 18 i asked for a refund.

Yesterday they gave me 7 days to try World of Warcraft again. I haven't played the game since Wotl beta (yes i ve played Tbc). Game is still the same. Most probably Mists of Pandaria will be the same thing. And that's boring.

There is no such thing as next generation game at the moment. They are the same thing we ve been playing 15 years now.

One next generation game would be Fallout 3 exploration style, where you actually jump like Mario and have to solve riddles myst style. Not kill 10 boars or Pvp zerg.

Certainly the young gamers will have fun playing those games but the old ones are waiting something fresh and new.
Reply Quote
09/12/2012 03:45 PMPosted by woNd3R
There is no such thing as next generation game at the moment. They are the same thing we ve been playing 15 years now.

You're basing that off of two mmo's and an aRPG. Maybe try some actual variation?For example, what's your take on To The Moon?
Reply Quote
So i went and tried Guild Wars 2 . This game was even more boring.

One next generation game would be Fallout 3 exploration style, where you actually jump like Mario and have to solve riddles myst style.

You obviously didn't pay much attention to the exploration in GW2. What you stated in the 2nd quote above seems very similar to "jumping puzzles" and they're a huge part of GW2.
Edited by Gypsy#1752 on 9/12/2012 4:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
09/12/2012 04:17 PMPosted by Strawhat
what's your take on To The Moon?

TtM is awesome, but I'm not sure I'd really call it a game. It's more of an interactive story with mini-games.

I may or may not have cried.
Reply Quote

Aside from trolls and people that get payed to write a certain way, people write the truth as they see it.

What you see as true isn't what I see as true. I like both GW2 and D3. D3 doesn't bore me unless I sit and farm stuff for a while. GW2 isn't boring unless I sit and farm stuff for a while. Therefore, I'd say neither game is boring.

It's called an opinion.
Reply Quote
09/12/2012 04:34 PMPosted by Gypsy
So i went and tried Guild Wars 2 . This game was even more boring.

One next generation game would be Fallout 3 exploration style, where you actually jump like Mario and have to solve riddles myst style.

You obviously didn't pay much attention to the exploration in GW2. What you stated in the 2nd quote above seems very similar to "jumping puzzles" and they're a huge part of GW2.

Of course i did, i found all the vistas in the nooblands + some secret chests but neither the game, neither the graphics , neither the music, the sound effects , the whole atmosphere invited me to go forward. I did the first 2 jumping puzzles but seriously there are 2 of them every 10 lvls of grind.

Wanna talk about pvp ? Zerg fest pvp without any usefull skills? No grp skill, weapon swapping all the time because let's face it the 5 abilities suck with such huge cooldowns?

Or we wanna talk about the innovative gathering and crafting system? Yawn

Or the graphics which are actually nothing special, probably they are better compared to wow but they aren't even close to the graphics of games like Arkham City.

Pubblic events Rift style?

So what does this game add in MMOS?

I ll even tell you which ones i ve played , Ultima Online, Dark Age of Camelot, World of Warcraft, Age of Conan, Aion and Rift.

I ve seen this wave of hype in the past, for Age of Conan, Aion, Rift and every single time games proved to be average after a couple of months.

As i ve said before this game is probably very interesting for players coming from Wow without other Mmo experiences. But seriously this kind of pvp is similar to the Daoc one, only problem is that the abilites are an epic fail and there isn't any group skill.
Reply Quote
09/12/2012 06:00 PMPosted by Ringo

Aside from trolls and people that get payed to write a certain way, people write the truth as they see it.

What you see as true isn't what I see as true. I like both GW2 and D3. D3 doesn't bore me unless I sit and farm stuff for a while. GW2 isn't boring unless I sit and farm stuff for a while. Therefore, I'd say neither game is boring.

It's called an opinion.

If someone finds Diablo terrible then he will find Guild Wars 2 also terrible. Both games involve grinding and both games offer nothing new .

Only thing i see lately are superhyped fanboys saying one game sucks while the other is awsome.

In metacritic Guild Wars has reached 8.4, from 9.5 from the early days. Diablo is at 3.8 .

That proves that MOST of the people find Diablo boring, and that proves also that Guild Wars is not the groundbreaking, revolutionary MMO people have been talking about , but it's another good game. Give it a couple of months and you are gonna see that the game is gonna reach 6-6.5.
Reply Quote
09/12/2012 04:17 PMPosted by Strawhat

You're basing that off of two mmo's and an aRPG. Maybe try some actual variation?For example, what's your take on To The Moon?

Haven't played that one tbh but i am checking my game list

Max Payne was terrible, game should be called "Max Cutscene"

Skyrim also was boring, nothing new compared to Obvlion

I found very interesting "I am alive"

Darksiders 2 is an epic fail for pc

Alan Wake was good, gameplay became repetitive after a while but the story was worth it

Deus ex was average, it could have been much better

Mass Effect 3 was average also

If you are asking me which games i actually did ENJOY

Dark Souls

Zelda

Batman Arkham City
Reply Quote
I got to agree with OP on this: There is no such thing as next generation game at the moment. They are the same thing we ve been playing 15 years now.

I am playing GW2 and I feel exactly the same as if I was playing Everquest 13 years ago.

But it is a good feeling tho =)
Reply Quote
09/13/2012 01:06 AMPosted by woNd3R
Haven't played that one tbh but i am checking my game list

You can't make a sound judgement of what's innovative or not without focusing on all of the recent Indie titles first. An aRPG sequel, a 7 year old MMO, and a single other MMO aren't going to herald a new dawn of gaming.

In my personal opinion, the next big games aren't going to come straight from AAA studios, it's going to come from the small companies and user-made mods. Take Defense of the Ancients: This was a user-made map for Warcraft III that spawned an entire new game genre. MOBA games are now one of the most competitive games on the scene.

Look at DAY Z, a mod for Arma II, a realistic zombie sim. Look at Minecraft and Terraria. Not exactly cutting edge graphics, but still stand for gaming innovation. Still, there's nothing wrong with games sticking to well-worn formulas. Take FPS games, I loved the hell out of Quake 15 years ago, and I still love that kind of gameplay now.
Reply Quote
TtM is awesome, but I'm not sure I'd really call it a game. It's more of an interactive story with mini-games.

I may or may not have cried.

Just bought the game today off GoG.com for $4.00 . Looking forward to possible man-tears.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]