Diablo® III

Diablo 3 vs. Torchlight 2 vs. Path of Exile

No.. POE inventory is a total mess. plenty of bugs. ( yah its beta)

Diablo 3 action animation is still the best.

PoE.... is just okay,, game NOT for everyone. only hardcore players who likes traditional hack and slash. with simple animation would love to play this game. drop rate sucks. currency is confusing for casual gamers. game too short. only have act3. maps at higher level becomes boring.

TL2.... is too cartoony, I love cartoons like plant vs. zombies, but TL2 art is just a mess. not even cute to look at.. but atleast this game got Pets, Guns and Robots. but its getting old quick. game system too easy. gems cannot stack, is a bad idea.
Reply Quote
1 Undead Warlock
Face it haters, Torchlight II is better in every conceivable way. More quests, more elites, more everything basically. I played Diablo 3 through normal difficulty and lost interest. I have played Torchlight II for over 200 hours. Blizzard got greedy and thought they would make bank off the real money auction house. As doctor Phil would say, How's that working out for you? The art direction of Torchlight II is steampunk by the way. Its semi-popular right now.

I haven't played much of path of exile yet, so I can't really compare. All I know is Diablo III just sucks and I wouldn't be surprised if less than 10% of the people that played at launch are still playing. I haven't bought Heart of the Swarm yet because my faith that blizz will make AAA games has been seriously shaken.

TL/DR Torchligt ftw
Reply Quote
View profile
Face it haters, Torchlight II is better in every conceivable way. More quests, more elites, more everything basically. I played Diablo 3 through normal difficulty and lost interest. I have played Torchlight II for over 200 hours. Blizzard got greedy and thought they would make bank off the real money auction house. As doctor Phil would say, How's that working out for you? The art direction of Torchlight II is steampunk by the way. Its semi-popular right now.

I haven't played much of path of exile yet, so I can't really compare. All I know is Diablo III just sucks and I wouldn't be surprised if less than 10% of the people that played at launch are still playing. I haven't bought Heart of the Swarm yet because my faith that blizz will make AAA games has been seriously shaken.

TL/DR Torchligt ftw

I fully agree. :) TL2 is the best of the genre out there right now. All action rpgs have to live up to TL2 in my eyes. Also Heart of the Swarm is fun if you like Starcraft :) .
Edited by Suedomsa#1857 on 4/11/2013 8:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I played all the three games. Of course I played Path of Exile in its beta version. But I could say, all of them are so damn good games and people need to see the action, beauty and the story in all of them. TL2 isn't rely on it's story but it's very cute and fun. Diablo III is much fun and has a better story while PoE has a very exciting and beautiful world I think.
Edited by Davos#1681 on 4/11/2013 9:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Please don't compare Path of Exile and Torchlight with Diablo 3.Each games have their Pros and Cons.No game is perfect.Plus,Blizzard Company doesn't even know that GGG is going to create a game like POE and Blizzard Company also doesn't even know how POE is going to work.You guys said that POE or Torchligh 2 is better? Want to know why? That's because since the released of Diablo 1,Diablo 2,and Diablo 3,I believed that other game developers have tried the game.And I also believe they beat the game many times.For what? To find what Diablo game lacks or its imperfection part.They study the Diablo games carefully.Once they found what Diablo lacks,they create a solution.And that's where a game like Torchlight and POE was created.A game like Diablo but with more better mechanism,better gameplay or simply put,an IMPROVISATION.
Diablo is original(correct me if i am wrong).Blizzard create Diablo without copying from any other game but their original idea.(correct me if i am wrong).Believe me guys,if there's going to be Diablo 4,it will be better than POE,Torchlight and any previous Diablo game.Want to know why? Blizzard will study about those games,Torchlight,Path of Exile and Diablo.Blizzard will discover what those game lack and createa a solutions to that.

Reply Quote
Don't think the POE and TL2 combat is better than Diablo 3..
It's not even close.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]