Diablo® III

Non-stop crashing since 1.04.

Since 1.04, I have been crashing almost every 10-15 minutes. It seems random, and I get this error message:

730EED7B-93C2-4DCD-97B5-2DF097FA8ADE

I've posted in here before without luck. Can anyone help?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Coppatop,

The errors we've seen related to your crash log are apparently from video drivers crashing.

Things you can try:

Update the video drivers. Nvidia just released today their latest (306.23) WHQL drivers so I'd try those.

http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/48847

Sometimes underclocking the video card a little can help. I'd suggest starting with about a 10-15% underclock value and seeing if the situation improves.

Make sure the video card itself has an unclogged fan and heatsink assembly. If it's not cooling efficiently, it can cause trouble.

Use a third party utility to run the video card fan at a higher speed than the factory setting.
Reply Quote
Don't update your drivers. I just updated mine to try and fix FPS lag issues after 1.0.4 and now I can't even play. Artifacts everywhere and instant game crash and exit.

I am running:
Win7 64
gefore GTX 460 with 306.23 newest drivers
4Gb RAM
Reply Quote
Coppatop,

The errors we've seen related to your crash log are apparently from video drivers crashing.

Things you can try:

Update the video drivers. Nvidia just released today their latest (306.23) WHQL drivers so I'd try those.

Sometimes underclocking the video card a little can help. I'd suggest starting with about a 10-15% underclock value and seeing if the situation improves.

Make sure the video card itself has an unclogged fan and heatsink assembly. If it's not cooling efficiently, it can cause trouble.

Use a third party utility to run the video card fan at a higher speed than the factory setting.

Thank you for the reply! Can you reccomend a utility to run the fan at a higher speed?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Coppatop,

MSI's Afterburner works well for me. Adjusting the fan speed is one of the many features it has. It's easily adjustable and can be saved such that it starts up with the setting when Windows starts.

http://event.msi.com/vga/afterburner/download.htm
Reply Quote
Coppatop,

Things you can try:

I have done all of the suggested things, and even bought a really nice cooling pad for my laptop, and have also monitored the heat. Nothing has helped, and again, diablo 3 is the only game this happens in.

Here's my heat at crashes:
GTX 280m MIN: 41 C MAX (at crash) 65 C. In doing research, this card can run comfortably up to 85 C.

Again, it is only diablo 3 where this happens. I have been playing other much more graphically intense games with no issues.
Reply Quote
Also, just to reiterate, this only started happening after 1.04.
Reply Quote
7831BEEF-8C68-4E22-BC93-6A72AD575EF9 I got this ID, don't know if it is different than the original one.
Reply Quote
Just paused the game to go get some lunch. Came back and it was crashed.
Reply Quote
just got blue screened :-x
Reply Quote
this is the debug i get when these crashes happen on my nvidia laptop

2012.09.20 15:03:57.20631600 TestCoopLevel - D3DERR_DEVICELOST
2012.09.20 15:04:05.850827500 de activate app 1 iconic 1
2012.09.20 15:04:05.981210900 ACTIVATE APP 1 iconic 0
2012.09.20 15:04:06.3753200 TestCoopLevel - D3DERR_DEVICENOTRESET
2012.09.20 15:04:06.26927100 Reset() Attempt started - soft reset!
2012.09.20 15:04:06.366743400 Est. Available Texture Memory = 2781 MB
2012.09.20 15:04:06.366928000 DeviceReset() succeeded!
2012.09.20 15:04:06.369964500 Setting depth texture, fmt = 36
Reply Quote
Hi there,

This seems to be similar to the issue i've been having, although slightly different in a couple of ways - i've been having game freezes/crashes since launch, but with more frequency over time, and secondly, i don't get any error messages, it just completely stops responding for 20-30 seconds and then tells me i've disconnected.

I've uploaded a video demonstrating this here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAJr9mIbdlY

Since reading the sticky about common performance issues - particularly that some people are having crashes due to driver errors or overheating - i've been trying to resolve the problem. I think it only happened once or twice in the first few weeks of game release, but since has become more and more common, and i've lowered my graphics settings from the original native 1680x1050 with medium settings lower and lower to my current setting of 1300x700 or some such, lowest settings with framerate capped at 30. My GPU fan is running at 65% instead of the default 40% and it's rediculously loud, and consumes a lot of power. GPU temperature rarely goes above 60 degrees, which is well within the operating limit of my particular card (Nvidea GTX 260). I've cleaned out the dust from the GPU fans and heatsink several times.

All my efforts have slightly reduced the frequency of the crashes (which is offset by the fact that they seem to happen more often with each patch), but they still happen at least 2-3 times per week.

To end on a positive note, i was very excited to see that we'll be able to get our stacks back after disconnecting from a game in 1.0.5! Now if they could only find a way to apply a similar fix to hardcore disconnection death..!

Edit: Computer specs:

Phenom II Quad core 2.6GHZ
NVidea GeForce 260
4gb DDR2 RAM
Windows Vista 64 bit SP2
Latest graphics drivers (306.23-desktop-win8-win7-winvista-64bit-english-whql)

Edit: I realised this actually Does happen outside of Diablo 3, even just in windows (moving files around, explorer stops responding) or VLC (video pauses and stops responding just like the game).

Someone suggested underclocking my GPU, so i'm going to try that. Not sure why file management would be affected though, might have to reformat...
Edited by Dragonfly#1941 on 9/21/2012 9:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I went from 306.02 with SLI GTX 460 that was working well. After I installed 306.23 WHQL, I now have artifacts in LoL and Borderlands and WoW (didn't try D3 yet). I went back to 306.02 and now have the same behavior as when I upgraded.

I think the upgrade to 306.23 changed something fundamental in the configuration that can't be undone by reverting. I don't know why all the cleaning steps you did did not help; I have yet to do those steps myself. (I really don't want to lose my tweaks to various games and need to write everything down first.)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]