Diablo® III

Dev Journal: Defensive Bonuses Discussion

(Locked)

It's really disapointing to play as wizard considering all this nerfs, wizards are not OP after all.

Just compare DH changes with Wiz, it is prety sure wizards will not be able to stand in pvp cause unique builds getting nerfed all the time while possitive changes are made only to Hydras and skills are not used by most of players.
It started with Critical mass builds (even if it still holds) and now energy armor which is the ''entrance'' to act 3 & 4..
Stop massive nerfs to wizards, they are allready nerfed dont make them useless-
Hope now the DH Sentries will get a matching colour icon (Orange/Red) since it's now a Hatred Spender!
Good day,
This is totally bul***, you totally nerf the wizard of all classes, and you give bonuses to all....
THIS IS NOT FAIR BLIZARD!!!!!!!
You are going to nerf the Barb??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!.... can you please stop screwing over the tank!! nerf the monk,nerf the wiz (wizards shouldnt tank they wear dresses)and nerf the DH(Glass cannon so who needs Defense) and just remove the Witchdoctor cause they just suck. my 8k defense with my 15k dps is really owning let me tell ya. dont touch the barb wanker.
Is impunity the only rune that will get nerfed from the war cry shout ?
Boars. Boars everywhere.
If Blizzard were running a food chain it will be like...

Blizzard Big boss: Hmmmm 87.1% of or customers just keep ordering our Pizza. There are so many other food they can get from us like our soggy cold fries, ice cold burgers, heated to perfection soda drinks, broccoli ice cream sundae.. the list goes on. They just go to waste. How can we fix this?

Blizzard Dev: Sir how about we re-evaluate those unpopular food so that people would be willing to try them. That way we can keep our existing customers and hopefully increase our customers. Probably have our existing ones order more food than before.

Blizzard Big Boss: No, it's something about that Pizza. It is bad and needs to be adjusted. Aha! Let's reduce the cheese we put in the Pizza by 50%. Also Reduce the Meat amount by 50% heck we love 50% reduction as minimum Let's even oven bake the pizza only by half the time. Also let's reduce the price by a few to compensate the changes.

Blizzard Dev: Wow sir! you are amazing!!! that is the best idea ever!!! Lets do that instead!

Blizzard Big Boss: Oh yeah i can see it now those 87.1% gonna start ordering our soggy fries hehehe. They should be thankful now.

"Eternal quest to promote build diversity" --- the wrong way
Edited by Svettlana#1352 on 9/21/2012 5:50 AM PDT
If Blizzard were running a food chain it will be like...

Blizzard Big boss: Hmmmm 87.1% of or customers just keep ordering our Pizza. There are so many other food they can get from us like our soggy cold fries, ice cold burgers, heated to perfection soda drinks, broccoli ice cream sundae.. the list goes on. They just go to waste. How can we fix this?

Blizzard Dev: Sir how about we re-evaluate those unpopular food so that people would be willing to try them. That way we can keep our existing customers and hopefully increase our customers. Probably have our existing ones order more food than before.

Blizzard Big Boss: No, it's something about that Pizza. It is bad and needs to be adjusted. Aha! Let's reduce the cheese we put in the Pizza by 50%. Also Reduce the Meat amount by 50% heck we love 50% reduction as minimum Let's even oven bake the pizza only by half the time. Also let's reduce the price by a few to compensate the changes.

Blizzard Dev: Wow sir! you are amazing!!! that is the best idea ever!!! Lets do that instead!

Blizzard Big Boss: Oh yeah i can see it now those 87.1% gonna start ordering our soggy fries hehehe. They should be thankful now.

"Eternal quest to promote build diversity" --- the wrong way

Laf...(just spit out a bit of my morning coffee) :D

Yeah I just can't understand the thinking logic here...nerfing skills instead of buffing some others and leaving it up to players to decided if they want to switch skills (in my case Monk...with Resolve/STI nerfs hitting us pretty hard in 1.05)...

A lot of Monks are going to have a hard time making up the loss armor...
It doesn't seem like a nerf to me but more a buff. When I think of a wizzard or a hunter, I think of a but kicking range dps. Took me a lot of gear to get that way and I feel like this new patch will give me the chance to be a better but kicker from range like I should be. It also seems that now barbs and monks will get the chance to go Jet Li on some demons too. I like the idea of removing the necessary tank style classes from the game.
I thought the drops would be better since 1.0.4
I just got a 176 dps lvl 63 item...WTF?
Fix this crappy items and make them better, even a level 40 weapon has better dps

also, I'm little bit confused... If you are introducing the new Infernal Machine system and you are nerfing those skills, that system will be very hard isnt?

I saw a thread explaining those changes are not nerfs but buffs, I hope that's right.

As a D1 & D2 player I was thinking that the loot was better, just look at my !@#$ty DH, I found all her gear but the quiver, and I can survive in act 3 & 4 (of course, 2 shots and I'm dead, but still be able)

why the loot is "better" than d2? I spent hundreds of hours mfing and I never saw a damn rune higher than Gul or a soj, the best unique item I found was raven frost. My MF was very high, and the drops still sucked.

after I thought that the drops were better, I started finding crappy items just like the weapon I said above (176 dps). You FuXXXX me up blizzard, I had a hope on you for a moment and then you gave me more and more low items. Remove that low dps and seriously, Azmodan always gives me 55-57 lvl items with 5x NV stacks pfff
Here's an idea, start making passive abilities more functional based on stats. Instead of Fleet Footed giving me a bonus to movement, have it add 1% movement and .5 dodge% per 100 Dex. Where applicable take the skills people don't use, examine why they're inferior to the current favorites, and make updates that reward good stats, or just flat out trash the passives.

You DID NOT conceptualize passives correctly at the beginning of the game, because you had no idea how the player base was going to play. Rather than going for general utility convenience, and offensive/defensive buffs, you planned out a few of those and then a ton of weird crap. Pacifism? Seriously? You're buffing that cause you think people will use something THAT situational? What a joke.

LET THE ONES THAT SUCK GO, examine the existing popular strategies and compose a NEW skill to replace the passives that will either improve under-used abilities or stop gaps that are big weaknesses. Trying to fix the goofy trash abilities that CAN'T be good as conceived is like trying to play golf with a hockey stick and goalie pads because you came to play HOCKEY damn it and it doesn't matter that its 80 degrees and you're on a golf course.

You could make Pacifism make me invincible for 5 seconds and I probably wouldn't use it. Like 98% of the stuff I encounter in a run can't even trigger it. What in god's name are you people thinking trying to get me to use something so poorly thought out, rather than coming up with something new and attractive?
Add some Defensive stats that were in D2!!!
Cannot be Frozen?
etc...

guys what else?

new ideas for passives\skills or items:

take 50% less fire damage.
chance to pick up elite monster and slam down for massive damage.
chance to turn into cow for 10 seconds and have triple the damage.
chance to summon cane's legendary weapon and equip for 20 seconds with godly stats.

get the idea!! make this game so fun for just above every other fight!!
After all this time and after all those pointless patches, the only thing I can conclude is D3 devs don't have a clue of what they're doing.
25% reduction?, nerfing inferno again?. which is the point with the "highest difficulty", making the game easier make people getting bored quickly too. But people that like challenges, not crying babies that can´t think in a different build, or change his play style for different areas of some ACT. The noobs are controlling the game :(
Edited by Sagittarius#1288 on 9/21/2012 11:52 AM PDT
25% reduction?, nerfing inferno again?. which is the point with the "highest difficulty"...

You didn't read the "players X" thing, eh? Good for you.
You no like lukewarm water? Ok I pour some out and put tepid water. LOOT, CONTENT, PVP!!!!
I'm glad that Diablo 3 is improving!! Nice.

Well, maybe you guys have seen some of my other posts on the enhancements of D3, and I love getting the response from submitting tickets, to "post on the forums so Devs can hear what you have to say!". It makes me laugh on the inside for about 3 seconds. However, I am not troll-tastic (even though there are a few of you lurking in these-here forums from what I' have gathered), and I don't have to make analogies between D2 & D3 for the masses, which saves me valuable time in describing why Blizzard has done a great job, for their past and present ventures, but not until this is said:

[Here's the deal...Making it easier for players to come close, or complete the title of Diablo 3 almost negates the need for any type of Auction House, and minimizes replay factor which hurts before expansion releases, even if it is minute fractions of a demographic. I say almost because there are things that the D3 devs could do to drive one of six nails (that I've found) into the coffin. They're cost effective, smart, and satiates the desires of almost everyone hat talks crap up here, without destroying what made Diablo killer to begin with. Jus sayin. The whole "player X" thing is sweet btw. It will prep us for PVP?!!? o.O]

So back to giving quick props... I'm not going to spew math, point fingers, or say stupid crap like "Jay Wilson did this and that...those Developers are morons...blah blah blah". Because that's a load of shiza. Diablo 3 team did a fantastic job, the Starcraft 2 team did a fantastic job...hell, I still rock WC3 ROC, and they did an incredible job, so please for the love of all things semi-holy, make suggestions instead of rejections. It's better for yer life, and makes you sound conversational and intelligent, versus whiny and noobish. Cheers Blizz, but don't make it too easy for those new-fish.

That being said,

May the legendaries drop endlessly.
Was the title of this post in error? I'm not seeing any "bonuses" here, Rather more of a reduction in defense. Even the calculations show that while monster damage will be reduced to some degree(would like to know about elemental damage) overall the player will take more damage from the mobs. So how is this a bonus in defense? At best it might stay the same. I don't know, Maybe I'm missing something here.
I love the new patch and cant wait to test it many upgrades to the gameplay and AH which is great.

BUT MONKS ONE WITH EVERYTHING that made me wonder should i play at all? Thats not a skill nerf that you can fix by using different skills thats a GEAR NERF so im wondering should i even buy expensive gear now? when it can go to the trash in future. For example Blizzard decides to 'fix' the OWE passive by making it 50% of one resistance is converted to all resistance and the rest stays that it is which will make all monks go fire resist and make the gear for us even more expensive then it is. Cuz Monks are one of the most expensive classes to gear. While casters can gear for int and dps we need to gear for dex,armor, dps affixes, resist and loh so please consider this a VERY BAD IDEA!
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]