Diablo® III

Dev Journal: Defensive Bonuses Discussion

(Locked)

Im happy to see that changes are beeing made to improve D3 i still have high hopes that eventually D3 will be as fun as D2 was (best game i ever played).

The monster lvls seem awsome sadly they have one massive flaw. What made diablo 2 such a great game was that you had to find 7-8 man games and try to farm in them. In this way you got to know others. Sadly Diablo 3 due to no gain from multiplayer.... and max of 4 ppl per game and not beeing able to be in difrent acts in the same game have resulted in a single player game.

I see how you proudly present statistics of how manny ppl use what skills. Lets see some statistics of how manny % of player houers are spent in singel player games in a online multiplayer hack and slash...

Id much rather see that you try to encourage players to play together.

Regarding the defnesince passives, i do understand the change and the need for it as warcry - inpunity is more or less a must. Sadly you are disturbing the economy and the value of items aloot by the changes you make. And not changing OWE at the same time as you change warcry is a huge mistake.

If you want to make the change and belive it will improve the game man up and do it rather than saying we will change OWE later on. Kindly understand that everyone of this changes you make dirupts the ECONOMY in a game where players spend hndreds of real life EUROES to purchase items.

Finaly the most disturbing thing i see is the change to WW.
Its a really fun playstyle dont make it unplayable without insain gear. Alow everyone to enjoy it... Why brake the most popular and fun playstyle one class has simply cause its good?

Im not your boss but isnt your job to make the game more FUN?
Im confused is it so that you simply can not find a way to make other builds fun so you feel the need to brake the most fun one so that the other less fun ones will seem ok?

WW was the most popular style in d2 also, you found somthing ppl enjoy doing and now you want them to stop doing it...

Change is awsome, but maby it should be based on making the game more fun not cause aloot of grief just my 2 cents

/fan of your products for the past 10 years....
Edited by Demon#2809 on 10/6/2012 10:02 AM PDT
I totally agree on the multiplayer part. The scaling for not getting any bonus at all is making the game slower than playing alone. It also is ridiculous that you have to deal damage to get the xp for the mob. One of my barb friends likes to play tank with us (on Europe) and he's simply not getting as much xp as we do (wiz+dh).
Furthermore I am really sad seeing what happened to mercenaries compared to D2. It's not only that you can't have them in multiplayer but also the terrible gear-system and that they are so weak. I'd rather have them with freeze or damage like it was in D2.
The set drop-rates are way too low, especially for not top tier set-items and many of the legendaries are not so legendary at all. Which is fine when you find the crappier legendaries more frequently than the good ones. And by this I mean more oriented towards d2. Right not you find something every lets say 30 mil xp and then mostly its really bad. That's not a very motivating system. Now there are several things about d3 that are great but since I do not want to write a book about this I just keep the things I dislike short for you to see :)
Edited by Bakane#1707 on 10/6/2012 10:13 AM PDT
So with the infernal machine do you think with the "players x" option will provide more exp for leveling my paragons faster?
Hey, I think its great that you guys are involved in patching this game to deliver the best experience possible for players... and to keep them playing. I remember when d2 lod was out, bugging was bad and Blizzard was dark for months and months.

That said, I'm also frustrated by the manner of changes being made. I think the PTR is a great step in the right direction. I think improvements to the game balance and manner of farming and gearing out need to be improved... I'm happy to see the infernal machine and MP additions, but really look forward to more instances that encourage co-op and help better establish the d3 player community.

My frustration is due to hundreds of hours in play only to find that the delicate balance of my gear and build is getting turned around. I'm glad the changes are being made, but frustrated that they weren't made pre-launch. I wish the game was being released for this coming holiday season and I'd been playing open beta this whole time, because that's what this feels like.
awesome will be one of the most diverse games out. when pvp comes out it will probably be my favorite computer game ever
Hey, I think its great that you guys are involved in patching this game to deliver the best experience possible for players... and to keep them playing. I remember when d2 lod was out, bugging was bad and Blizzard was dark for months and months.

That said, I'm also frustrated by the manner of changes being made. I think the PTR is a great step in the right direction. I think improvements to the game balance and manner of farming and gearing out need to be improved... I'm happy to see the infernal machine and MP additions, but really look forward to more instances that encourage co-op and help better establish the d3 player community.

My frustration is due to hundreds of hours in play only to find that the delicate balance of my gear and build is getting turned around. I'm glad the changes are being made, but frustrated that they weren't made pre-launch. I wish the game was being released for this coming holiday season and I'd been playing open beta this whole time, because that's what this feels like.

word
so when u nerf inferno's monster str. or if we set the difficulty on low for the mosters. is the drop rate for rares/legendaries gonna stay the same? or will it decrease/increase with the difficulty of the monster?
as in if i put the monster diff to the lowest, would that mean i have the lowest chance to get a good item. ??

also i heard somewhere that ur increaseing the overall drop rate of legend/rare items? and that in inferno no item will be below item level 59(i think).

please correct me if im wrong. but im sick of getting IL51 items in inferno act 3...
I dropped energy armor weeks ago and used storm armor! (Well in parties anyway. In solo I can do it with a shield.)

TBH, I think this change is going to make most defensive skills kind of useless IMO and make builds more one dimensional.

We'll see though. I think the nerf on skills is a bit too big (and again, I regularly use storm armor over energy armor).

So, even though I use storm armor (which I think is really strong; in fact someone calculated with 40-50% crit rate, storm armor with shocking aspect will boost your overall DPS by at least 50% which is really strong for one skill), I think energy armor (which I rarely use nowadays) shouldn't be nerf.

If it's nerfed, then energy armor will be kind of useless IMO (compared to storm armor).

Yes it's true 80% wizards use prismatic armor but I bet most of those wizards never tried using storm armor (it's sort of a "if everyone is using energy armor, then energy armor is the best skill) (or using pinpoint barrier which is sort of a compromise).

Before, I liked how people got creative with being tanky.

I hope this change doesn't make the game a bit too one dimensional.

holy !@#$, thanks for pointing out shocking aspect, I wonder if it procs (doubt it) so no I'm not sure what to use (now and on 1.0.5) aspect or ice armor - frozen storm (nice defense boost AND it does proc 0.125, every 0.5 seconds for 3 seconds, no animation!)

as for people saying this nerfed wizards... getting rid of energy armor is the best thing that ever happened to my CM wizard, if you can;t get the defense up to speed, just get rid of your source and get a shield with 70 all res and 10 crit chance (don't bother with vit or int, it just makes it expensive, rather go for block rate).

the only thing that's going to suck is the proc rate reduction on energy twister, but it's still a potent skill!
can i ask how do monks survive in dungeons if you reduce our defense to 50%? how do i and my firends run mp1 to mp10 with half defense for a tank with ultra hard settings? reduce elite damage and reduce defense of monks with infernal machine that can be set to harder mobs = dead tanks. 3 wrongs = not a single right made. EPIC fail nerfing blizzard
why nerf ToC and gloom? whyyyy?
Are you going to make gear drops better? because 99.99999% of gear drops are salvage/vendor garbage!
Boss loot should always be better then anything!
Maybe make some typr of credit system in game with a gear vendor to buy gear?
Because good gear just does not drop in this game nd if it does you prob farmed 1,000 hours for 1 good worth while piece of gear.

DOES THAT MAKE SENSE AT ALL???? how about if the gear is going to be a piece of junk just dont let it drop!

As for crafting, the stat rolls are horrible! not worth the money spent creating the item at all if its going to create a piece of vendor trash!

FIX THE LOOT SYSTEM!
FIX CRAFTING!
THE ECONOMY IS COLLAPSING! do the dev's even play the game??????????????????

SERIOUSLY!
It's all good except one thing. There are 10 MP levels. People would aim to farm at MP10 (as high as possible is what I mean). Just like people would farm in inferno, but not hell.

In 1.04, I have finally been able to farm in inferno a3 after putting so many hours of works. Now you are giving more works setting 10 lv difficulties!! My gear is probably ok at MP2 (just a feeling). It's just that I don't feel like playing, thinking there are people doing MP10 while I crawl at MP2. Of course I can play more and try to get rich through trading and get better gears to level up. Nah, I think it's just too much work, and I cannot 247 on D3. I mean I cannot even gather a full legendary set yet. Seeing all those crazy prices in AH.

People want to have fun and achievement playing a game with mininal works. In this case, work is greater than achievement and fun. Honestly, I like this game. Never have complaints on my posts. 1.04 is pretty ok to me already, and I master ever class and possible builds. And I can see there are many places every class has yet to improve.

It's just that I can see 1.05 will bring more works for me to get to a satisfactory level (in my standard). It's just like a new beginning. So, I will probably call it a break for now and wait to see how people do after a few more patches. I just need a vacation away from D3 XD. Thx ^^
Are you going to make gear drops better? because 99.99999% of gear drops are salvage/vendor garbage!
Boss loot should always be better then anything!
Maybe make some typr of credit system in game with a gear vendor to buy gear?
Because good gear just does not drop in this game nd if it does you prob farmed 1,000 hours for 1 good worth while piece of gear.

DOES THAT MAKE SENSE AT ALL???? how about if the gear is going to be a piece of junk just dont let it drop!

As for crafting, the stat rolls are horrible! not worth the money spent creating the item at all if its going to create a piece of vendor trash!

FIX THE LOOT SYSTEM!
FIX CRAFTING!
THE ECONOMY IS COLLAPSING! do the dev's even play the game??????????????????

SERIOUSLY!

I kind of agree with the guy. Difficulties do not matter if the drops are 99% craps. I read you will eliminate the jewels (one below flawless XX) in inferno. It's great. Plz also elimite all the white items since they are also useless.

Even worst, sometimes when I fight ellites and try to escape. I clicked on a seemed to be empty ground to move there, but a white item is there and the click just goes to pick it up. I end up dead too many times because the control does not listen to my next click (it all happens in mini seconds). picking up an item will cause a short delay and that's enough time to kill u in some situations (like walking away from a fire/poison pool).

Anyway, there are more places that I think has higher priorities to fix rather than adding difficulties. I'd think only a small % of players will consider challange a priority 1 fix.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]