Diablo® III

Aidan Still Alive

I know what you're thinking, "No way, they slew him in the Chaos Sanctuary and threw his body in the fire." I had a thought, however. Diablo games started with Aidan and it'd be cool if the series could end with him, the original Diablo hero, coming back. Since I grew up with D1, I have a personal fascination with the lore and events behind that game. I, personally, would love to see Aidan come back. Don't know about anyone else.

The only way I could see this work is the following:
Aidan kills Diablo. Aidan is consoled by Adria and eventually conceives Leah with her. Aidan realizes Diablo is overcoming him and makes plans to set off to the east to get it taken care of. With the last trace of Aidan's humanity, he realizes it's a losing battle to contain Diablo and he'll soon end up like Albrecht, and without thinking rips the soulstone from his head and jams it into the forehead of another man who quickly becomes the Dark Wanderer. Aidan then sets off into seclusion, driven to insanity. Aidan comes back after 20 years, after working off the insanity, to help find and defeat Adria, the woman who turned his daughter into a manifestation of the prime evils and eventually to her death.

The only issue with this is the D2 cinematic where Marius is following the Dark Wanderer and he mentions that he learned about him and how he used to be a great warrior, obviously, leading us to presume he's talking about the hero who beat Diablo below Tristram (Aidan). But maybe Aidan put the soulstone into a fellow warrior. I haven't thought that far yet. I'm sure Blizzard would be able to make lore around this guy that could fit pretty well.

Anyway, like, dislike, love, hate, got better ideas, "dude give up and stop trying," other issues or contradictions to the lore- what do you all think?
Reply Quote
I know what you're thinking, "No way, they slew him in the Chaos Sanctuary and threw his body in the fire." I had a thought, however. Diablo games started with Aidan and it'd be cool if the series could end with him, the original Diablo hero, coming back. Since I grew up with D1, I have a personal fascination with the lore and events behind that game. I, personally, would love to see Aidan come back. Don't know about anyone else.

The only way I could see this work is the following:
Aidan kills Diablo. Aidan is consoled by Adria and eventually conceives Leah with her. Aidan realizes Diablo is overcoming him and makes plans to set off to the east to get it taken care of. With the last trace of Aidan's humanity, he realizes it's a losing battle to contain Diablo and he'll soon end up like Albrecht, and without thinking rips the soulstone from his head and jams it into the forehead of another man who quickly becomes the Dark Wanderer. Aidan then sets off into seclusion, driven to insanity. Aidan comes back after 20 years, after working off the insanity, to help find and defeat Adria, the woman who turned his daughter into a manifestation of the prime evils and eventually to her death.

The only issue with this is the D2 cinematic where Marius is following the Dark Wanderer and he mentions that he learned about him and how he used to be a great warrior, obviously, leading us to presume he's talking about the hero who beat Diablo below Tristram (Aidan). But maybe Aidan put the soulstone into a fellow warrior. I haven't thought that far yet. I'm sure Blizzard would be able to make lore around this guy that could fit pretty well.

Anyway, like, dislike, love, hate, got better ideas, "dude give up and stop trying," other issues or contradictions to the lore- what do you all think?

Actually what you are saying sounds good, though, since we had 2 other main player characters, plus the monk if you wish to count him.. But this is how I see it if you played those other characters. The warrior would have been Aidan, even though we really did not know that, that the other two/three characters were friends (?) of his. If you played either the rogue or the sorcercer and you beat Diablo, Aidan(Warrior) came to your aide at the last minute grabbing the soulstone from you and forcing it into his head. Even thought we are given somewhat of a back ground story around the game, we really dont know much about our characters, so what you suggest makes more sense and possibly the only one that has stated this on line. This would also play into D2 and lead into D3 and further.
Edited by Fathertime#1788 on 9/14/2012 11:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
09/14/2012 06:25 PMPosted by Deak2112
But maybe Aidan put the soulstone into a fellow warrior. I haven't thought that far yet. I'm sure Blizzard would be able to make lore around this guy that could fit pretty well.
What... like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxnWjyvmpnI
Reply Quote
But maybe Aidan put the soulstone into a fellow warrior. I haven't thought that far yet. I'm sure Blizzard would be able to make lore around this guy that could fit pretty well.
What... like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxnWjyvmpnI

I'm sorry, maybe the point you're making is more obvious than I think, but I'm not sure exactly what you're saying. Can you elaborate?
Edited by Deak2112#1705 on 9/16/2012 8:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
When in Diablo 2 Tristam was destroyed and the soul of my hero (Aidan acording to Diablo3) was defeat by the monster I cried during weeks ( I was a child…)…¿why this series have a sad end…?...i will be very happy if Aidan returns ….or if he and Leah (or their souls) have a happy end….

I have some ideas…. dear Blizzarrd, if you like my ideas you are totally free to take it….for me is a honor….and I will be very happy if Leah and her true father Aidan have a happy end…..

The most simple idea:
In the expansion the hero ( barbarian,demon hunter,witch doctor...) finds his phantom and help him…..

Other interesting idea :
Aidan can be the new skeleton king…. you can defeat him and his phantom thanks you with rare items….¡ and a legion of undeads under your orders for fight the demons ¡

My most interesting idea :
¡ Aidan the Undead ¡ ¡ a new playable class ¡ … he returned from the death by necromantic experiments…(similar to his father,Leoric)...the Amazon of Diablo 2 was his secret love, she descent to the hells for rescued his soul …. And ,for love, when she defeat Diablo she robbed the corpse of Aidan and put a false body for the funeral…she buried him near her home for visit his tomb every day….but when the Amazon went to kill Baal, corrupted necromancers takes the bones of Aidan …… Now Aidan have to use his dark habilities for destroy the new demoniac minions and find his dear Leah….
Appearance: a skeleton with some armor pieces and a hole in the skull ( for the soul stone of Diablo )
Special skills : necromantics arts,create skeletons,enchanted zombies,resist some weapons or magic, absorb life or maná witch each death (with this is no necessary the life balls that the dead enemies drop),socket skull (you can put a magical stone or rune in the hole of the skull)…….
A special mission: He finds the phantom of his loveled Amazon that need help, she try to rescued him but is dead and his corpse is now a beautiful but horrible undead…Aidan must save her soul and kill her zombie and the necromantic demons…. And he can find the zombies of the others heroes, if he defeat them their phantoms recompense him with part of their souls…¡ he win some of their skills ¡
Reply Quote
So I just watched the trailer with the soul stone getting tossed to the ground. It says "the better part of my soul will be left behind forever" with that being said wouldn't be awesome if someone(shen a.k.a "gem crafter") picked up the gem and shoved it into his head absorbing Aidan's soul into him. With Aidan having spent a little time with diablo he may be privy to a little bit of info that a "normal" human might not be.
Edited by xanther#1700 on 9/20/2012 1:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Seems like too much. I mean, why would Aidan bestow the evil onto another human being if he was even of his own mind and diablo would work hard to ensure that the hero doesn't survive so he can't be killed again.
Reply Quote
No.

He made a sacrifice. To contain Diablo as best as he could, for as long as he could. Bringing him back would be like the Marvel Syndrome, where nobody stays dead.

Why the grim ending? Because this is gothic-horror, a worst case scenario.

I like the guy and all but he must remain dead.
Reply Quote
The death is boring….and the tragic ends are sad…..and the resurrections a surprise….

There are a lot of tragedy in the real life….¡ I like to have happy ends in my favorite games ¡
Reply Quote
quite possible.
Reply Quote
The Butcher returned, Leoric returned, Gharbad the weak returned, Adria returned….

If the villains can return….¿why not the heroes?
Reply Quote
Like I said, putting it in someone else's head was a possible scenario. Maybe there's a better way that I haven't thought of. The angels didn't seem to have a role in D1 so maybe something happened with them and Aidan in and right after D1. This could could give a good explanation for the angels' mysterious absence in D1.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]