Diablo® III

need some opinions on my new pc build

I simply decided to build a pc for gaming/school/personal use

i wanted to stay around the $500 budget range but ive gone over so far, and i guess thats fine with me but im having a hard time deciding how much storage to get, and what power supply to use.

(i know i havent chosen a case either but thats simple)

any ideas?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/htcM
Edited by EDurty#1863 on 9/14/2012 8:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
See this guide first:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6293460070

Example build section if TL;DR
Reply Quote
I would recommend at least a 600w PSU for such a system. You could probably get away with a 500 but PSU is one area of a PC you do not want to skimp on if you care at all about it's contents or hardware.

A bad PSU can lead to power fluxuations, hard disk errors, random shutdowns (if its overloaded) higher power bills if its overworked (stress = heat = efficiency loss = more power draw = more heat) and in the case of a PSU failure or power spike it can take out other system components along with it.

Seasonic makes excellent PSU's but they aren't that cheap, I have a Corsair AX750 which is a rebranded Seasonic but not all of Corsair's PSU's are rebranded seasonics. Corsairs lower grade PSU's are pretty good I hear but I haven't had much experience with em. I would consider spending at least $60-75+ on a good PSU for a budget build, it really is the heart of any computer.

As for storage that's entirely up to you but for brand I would recmend Western Digital. Smaller drives are typically faster than larger drives, but larger drives hold more data obviously. WD Velociraptors are very, very good gaming drives but again probably off your price point, maybe get a WD blue drive, they are designed for every day use, their greens are for large storage and their blacks are performance oriented drives.

Hope this helps somewhat and GL with your PC build ^^
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]