Diablo® III

Mempo of Twilight

Why is it so expensive? I see all these Mempos for loads of money but wtf is the point of it? You are pretty much trading intelligence for AS. For me, 9 AS = 163 int as far as DPS is concerned, so unless the Mempo has int that is over at LEAST 120 or so it isn't even worth it. Oh, and it'd need 4.5+ CC.
Reply Quote
I don't know, but the Mempo you just described is the only kind I'd consider buying.
Reply Quote
You know that wizards aren't the only class that can use Mempo right? Not to mention Mempo can roll str, dex, or INT.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/mempo-of-twilight

You just went full retard, son.
Reply Quote
I love my Mempo, and it didn't cost me an arm and a leg.

Considering the IAS, AS, socket, and bonus life, it's a good bargain.
Reply Quote
lol, mempo is a nice addition
Reply Quote
People go gaga over crit mempos because they already have innate ias.

That being said, a high intel mempo with 9% ias and 6 critchance is undoubtedly best in slot over any other imaginable helm
Reply Quote
the only helm w/ IAS, life %, and resist, CC
Reply Quote
One of 3 stat 170-200? -__- i saw some nearly roll till near 300..
Reply Quote
09/14/2012 10:51 AMPosted by LaoShu
One of 3 stat 170-200? -__- i saw some nearly roll till near 300..

They rolled one of the fixed 170-200, and then rolled another of the same attribute as one of their randoms.
Reply Quote
the 1 that's 300 int, doesnt have CC, my 6CC mempo only have 125 int, vicky got 1 that has 193 int
Reply Quote
Mempo of Twilight is my desire helm. But you could also think of Andariel's Visage. Can roll nice primary stat ~160, 4.5% cc, 9% attack speed, socket and some life regeneration (~300). And you can get those for ~5m. It doesn't have All resistance and life%, but is good for power leveling and nice DPS buff.
Reply Quote
09/14/2012 09:56 AMPosted by ElementX
Why is it so expensive? I see all these Mempos for loads of money but wtf is the point of it? You are pretty much trading intelligence for AS. For me, 9 AS = 163 int as far as DPS is concerned, so unless the Mempo has int that is over at LEAST 120 or so it isn't even worth it. Oh, and it'd need 4.5+ CC.

It is a matter of point of view. What are your goals for the spec you are building. If you are farming mp0-1 and working whatever is left of the economy to save money for whenever pvp comes, then it makes no sense. You can melt zombies as fast with a number of other helms. If your goal is to get the best gear you can get and do mp10 runs (why the hell you would want to do that is beyond me, but...), people above already said why this is one of the best helms to get. Personally, to a few people, including me, some items, including the mempo, lacunis and witching hour (talking about decent stats) are not worth the 100-200m price point. I use cheaper versions of these items on my mp0-1 farming spec. For an occasional run above mp7 i use different gear. In any event, the mempo, lacunis or witching may be perfectly irrelevant in pvp. I'd hate to have a 200m mempo and see it worth half that 2 months down the road. Look at what happened to zuni marrow prices, to name one.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]