Diablo® III

Blizzard: Those daily game issues hmm?..

This thread was mainly started because of a thread about Torchlight 2.
Torchlight 2 and D3 gaming issues will be THE main topic here.

I have had Torchlight 2 pre-ordered for quite a while and pre-ordered it at gamestop, but I don't know is it really possible to "pre-play" this?

I have the gamestop app, but the game doesn't show up in my purchases, I still have my receipt, and I know it will require me to finally install steam which, to me, is a waste of memory, time, and computer speed, but whatever I'll install it.

So does this mean I have to wait till midnight to download it or what?

I don't know what's wrong with the pre-order issues, but I believe IF there IS any issues with it it'll be because of that gamestop located in Clinton, IA, yeah that's where I got it.

Anyways, I loved the first torchlight and was shocked when I found out about the sequel.

I do believe this is where I'll be spending most of my time because I refuse to pay for subscriptions for games like WOW or TERA Online which I was going to play one of those, but realized I'd have more fun just modding Torchlight 2 and playing with all my friends instead of farming mindlessly on the other games that I'd be forced to pay for monthly.

I would love to keep playing Diablo 3, but my main character, my Wizard at LvL 60 paragon 1, is the only character I have had enough time to level up or even collect items with and now I can't use it at all because of how pathetic the RANGED system is for the Wizards.

My Wizard can just barely get past the beginning of Act 2 on INFERNO, but I have gotten through it a few times in the old updates it's just friends need help leveling their characters which causes my wizard to lose progress.

So, I've noticed even IF I had the best types of armor there really isn't any way a Wizard could be useful at all. I would probably have to spend about the next 2 years just getting enough gold to get my wizard to be able to "survive" inferno and then probably another 5 months after that to make her strong enough to "pass" it.

Apparently the Ranged system in D3 is about shooting a few times and then running like a coward while praying and hoping you don't get touched or happen to run into a few rare, elites, or just some beefy regular monsters.

See blizzard, it's not the monsters that's really the issue, but mostly the issue is how the characters work DURING combat against the "special abilities" monsters use AND just how BEEFY (tough) you've made the regular monsters.

So say I got online again tonight to see if I could casually play my Wizard and maybe get a little further and here would be my list of how much gold I would gain and then lose:

Begin Game:

LvL 60, Para. Level 1 Wizard

Starting gold: 5849

Mid-game gold: 10,000 and up

End game gold: 124 or 0

Deaths: o . O dude that's pointless. (5-10 deaths)

Total Playing time: 5-10 minutes.

Go into one dungeon with my character in the desert areas and you can just feel how powerless you are within a matter of minutes through playing.

By the time I have started to play and gotten maybe 5 minutes into a dungeon I've collected not even nearly enough gold to be able to pay for the P.O.S. way the Wizard plays.

Diablo 3 + Wizard = Fail

Diablo 3 + Wizard + Inferno = Ain't gonna happen dude.

Diablo 3 + Fully Geared Wizard + Inferno = No gold for you.

I've seen how many "enchantments" or spells are on these items and even really expensive ones that get dropped and I just don't see them getting any higher in number to help your character make a break through.

I know this is a rant, but it's a good one. From time to time in gaming history I have looked back at the way a lot of developers make a game and then look to what they have now, but I didn't play diablo 2 so here's my point to you; Torchlight 2 could kick the crap out of your characters within the time it takes you to get "that gear" you've been looking for.

Still working on that gear of yours?

Still working on that novel of yours?

LoL.

Simple example of games I've seen:

WoW characters vs. D3 = WoW (Without a doubt)

D3 characters vs Torchlight 2 (Fully leveled) = Torchlight 2

TERA Online vs....? (ROFL)

Why? This is because of how many spells you can have on one item.

In dungeon based games you can plainly see it's basically about sitting still and fighting off hordes of enemies, even if some people think it's about sprinting through a dungeon it's not because when your party comes head to head with something that is a bigger than you there's no one in your team that can run and hit at the same time.

Simple physics.

Now the wizard could probably do that being that you can just place a venom hydra here there, but even that dies off at some point and can't help the fact you still have to sit and shoot back at some point.

Same with the Demon Hunter, sure you can barrel role here or there and set some traps, but when you and your team is rushing crazily through a dungeon and then you get suddenly stopped by a huge horde of WTF just happened you realize that you have no more luck, your time has run out, and you are now dead.

All I want blizzard to do is make something work for people who want one SOLID character and one character only.

Not EVERYONE has the time in their daily life to go through each and every dungeon thousands of times with each and every other character.

That may have worked with WoW and may have attracted people to WoW, but this is D3 NOT WoW guys. People in WoW don't mind having multiple characters because some WoW players have friends and family who don't want the whole thing; the account, log in, password and the whole sha-bang, sometimes they make those extra characters for their friends and family because they only want to play when they come over every once in awhile to get a feel for it.

The point of all this: Make solo people able to have their fun with THEIR Main Characters and give the Online players their drops like dwarfs at a bank.

I remember someone who played D2 and they said they didn't like how it's so easy to find your way out to the exit of a dungeon. Apparently to me I seem to see that these dungeon games these days don't have the feel for the dungeon like they used to.

Technically what IS a dungeon game when it comes to it? It's not a long drown out story that's what it is!

I seem to be gathering from people that most dungeon based games where the point of going through a very dangerous and long dungeon that would make you feel like their is terror a foot every second of the game and that SOME points in the game it would spill parts of a story, but the story wasn't the WHOLE GAME.

The reason not many play D3 right now is for very many reasons like how the melee characters are 10x better then the ranged characters or really could just be because of the drops, but no I believe it's because the game is at a point where it is just STUCK there's nothing more to it then it being simply stuck. I think it's constricted to it's story and won't let players just PLAY. Play, run around, kill things randomly, and then maybe hit a few cinematics here there.

The machanics of the game seems fine so far, loot system eh maybe, but being drug along a story with a basic ending as that? Seems kinda lame to me.

Though if I were to add something new to this I would add 2 new classes and then create a huge, VERY RANDOM, open environment that, like D3 already does, randomizes each time you come back to play, but in certain areas would lead you AND your party to places you would NEVER expect.

This game is like one of those really tight, stuck up, and hates everyone kinda person and they just really need a WEDGIE!

Throw some chaos up in the joint, sure there is some in tight packed areas, but don't you feel a little claustrophobic when you play Diablo 3?

I always felt, from the moment I bought this, that there was always going to be MORE to it and that it would never stop like the other games Blizzard has made, but now I feel like it's a monotonous waste of time.

I mean even the marketplace feels a bit dead now too.
Reply Quote
Um, that was kind of rambling and all over the place. But I basically agree with you, ranged classes in this game spend as much time tanking mobs as melee do, but of course I take about 30 percent more damage.

:-/

I mean, I have Diamond Skin only because I'm far too often and too easily getting surrounded and ganked and I haven't found a better way to survive that happening. I mean, there's some kiting, but it's mostly spamming Hydra's and running away as fast as you can.

I even take the slow passive that works with arcane damage. It's only slightly useful in keeping the monsters off me for about a few seconds longer. But sooner or later, I'm face tanking again.

I guess that's sort of the intention though. I don't think ranged should be able to completely forgo defensive stats, so making them TOO good at kiting would be a bit OP. Kiting takes a bit of work. Sometimes it goes well, sometimes it's just plain broken. And don't get me started on Fast Fast mobs. Hilarious.
Edited by Ignatius#1870 on 9/19/2012 10:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
melee wiz
or kite wiz

or both

but depending on your gears/hp/dps; wiz will have to kite hard in act 2 inferno or even the entire inferno if you ask me.

been there done that, no i haven't finished inferno act 3 and have no interest.

maybe you could try teleport with fracture, ignatius. diamond skin really doesn't work well in inferno but that may just be me.

im part melee/kite but nothing wrong with kiting with high dps. yes it gets boring and sometimes situations will kill you regardless but eh that's how it is.
Reply Quote
TL;DR
Reply Quote
You will probably have to farm act 1 for a while. Those monsters are very slow and so you can do it no problem. With about 1 million gold, you can get gear that will allow you to survive further. Look for resist all about 50 should be very cheap, primary stat and vitality. From there you should progress in act 2 upgrading equipment as you find it or buy it with proceeds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nb8syAXN9OQ&list=PLE7DF8C8F409C5754&index=1&feature=plpp_video
Edited by Alespiller#1166 on 9/19/2012 11:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Um, that was kind of rambling and all over the place. But I basically agree with you, ranged classes in this game spend as much time tanking mobs as melee do, but of course I take about 30 percent more damage.

:-/

I mean, I have Diamond Skin only because I'm far too often and too easily getting surrounded and ganked and I haven't found a better way to survive that happening. I mean, there's some kiting, but it's mostly spamming Hydra's and running away as fast as you can.

I even take the slow passive that works with arcane damage. It's only slightly useful in keeping the monsters off me for about a few seconds longer. But sooner or later, I'm face tanking again.

I guess that's sort of the intention though. I don't think ranged should be able to completely forgo defensive stats, so making them TOO good at kiting would be a bit OP. Kiting takes a bit of work. Sometimes it goes well, sometimes it's just plain broken. And don't get me started on Fast Fast mobs. Hilarious.

Now I like this comment as it really gets to the point about the ranged classes.

I use Diamond Skin too, but I remember that they said in one of the updates for 1.0.4 that they want to eventually change the Mammoth Hydra to get up and walk around.

That itself could change alot of ways on how the Wizards themselves work so when you solo you don't have to rolo. LOL

I hear you too Alespiller, I know I could do all that farming and all, but why should I be forced to go back an Act just because of my class?

I have upgraded my gear a couple times before I posted this, it's not really the gear I know all about the "resist all elements" it hasn't helped much because I've seen quite a bit of them are still fairly expensive.

Anyways, my main point here is I'd like to see something about the ranged classes fixed specifically starting with the Wizards because it's not really fair that most of the other classes can shoot forward through most Acts while the Wizards, AT EVERY TURN, have to turn and run away nearly all the time.

I even tested for awhile using a shield helped for a bit of protection, but that didn't even do much because then my damage went so low I couldn't kill them fast enough.

Sure I could take more hits, but my damage was so low it was completely deplorable.

So I've decided I'll come back when the Wizards aren't sitting at the bottom of the classes while they watch the barbarians and monks dance on their graves in the dungeons.

I mean they could do what they always do with Wizards, mages, and sorcerers in most games; make more summons/transformations.

I know they already changed alot about the Wizards along with all the other classes, but it's NOT enough for the ranged classes because the AoE is NOT helping and the Hydra SPAMMING isn't doing it for survival.

I noticed there is a new 1.0.5. update coming out and I would like for them to maybe consider throwing around some ideas of starting the Mammoth Hydra + extra damage for that hydra, look back at the monks skills you get to pick from compared to the Wizards, and maybe make it possible for the Archon transformation to be different or add a New transformation skill that doesn't suck.

I loved the Archon ability and it really made me think that only the Wizards were nephalem, but realized what they meant by nephalem later on. (LoL)

So really here's what I'm laying out on the table:

Wizards:

Skills: There isn't anything that helps for support (Like mana/health)

Spells: Mammoth Hydra is a NEED now, Archon is so pathetic you might as well insta die when using, maybe add something else?, Could probably add a PET or Some other kinds of Summons as well? (Maybe Some kind of mythical creature?)

Survival: "I'm a Wizard, All I do is use a book and a stick what more do you want?
Don't spill your coffee on me I might spontaneously combust! "
Reply Quote
i ordered gold on diablo 3 for 19,30 an 11.70 an 11.28 an the gold didnt show up but i got billed
Reply Quote
View profile
I remember my launch day with Diablo III. Went to bed early and woke up around 2:30AM (EST). Spent a few minutes trying to login once the clock hit 3AM, but got in. Created a DH, played for a bit, and for some reason I logged off. Spent like 10 minutes trying to get back in.

Played for around 5 hours with some latency issues here and there. Got off, took a nap, and then got back on only to find my achievements wiped. I can't recall really how that went after that, but if I recall right, the achievement bug wasn't addressed for days, and once it was finally handled, not all achievements were restored either.

How does this compare with my other day-1 game launches?

Guild Wars 2 - Waited till like 3AM the day it launched for pre-orders (3-day headstart I think). Got in without any trouble. Played for hours, no latency issues. Got off, slept, got back on without any trouble, and generally no real problems the rest of that day.

Path of Exile (Open Beta) - Logged on with no problems (that I can recall).

Torchlight II - Preloaded it with Steam, started it the minute it became available. I did singleplayer, so no comments on multiplayer latency, but everything worked fine.

So in short, Diablo III was probably the worst launch I've experienced for a while. The only thing prior to that that I can recall being on that scale of bad was Cataclysm.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]