Diablo® III

Question about CE

If you buy the CE edition after you already have a regular D3 account, can you upgrade your account while still keeping everything you have? This might be a stupid question but I did hear something about account merging. I missed my chance at the CE before but now I have the ability to buy it again. Although, I don't want to get it if I cant get all of the benefits with my current account. Many hours have been put into it, kinda don't want to lose it all. :B

EDIT: This question has been resolved. You can upgrade and keep your heros and items.

Also when you get the upgrade, make a new hero and put the stuff in the share stash then delete the hero if you want. It will work on all of your old heros. Also also you can still buy this edition for a good enough price. Also also also, in order to give your SE to a friend calling or sending blizzard a ticket is the way to go. I recommend calling because they service, at least mine, was great. Finally you can no longer do that 4 month WOW thing.
Edited by AmayaSuzuki#1268 on 9/16/2012 5:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I would actually like a legitimate answer please. Can I actually upgrade from the regular to the CE and still get everything while keeping my old heros?
Reply Quote
09/16/2012 02:18 PMPosted by AmayaSuzuki
I would actually like a legitimate answer please. Can I actually upgrade from the regular to the CE and still get everything while keeping my old heros?
Yes.

And at one time, Blizzard CS reps stated you would also get 4 months of WoW as a credit. I'm not sure if this offer still stands, however.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
If you buy the CE edition after you already have a regular D3 account, can you upgrade your account while still keeping everything you have? This might be a stupid question but I did hear something about account merging. I missed my chance at the CE before but now I have the ability to buy it again. Although, I don't want to get it if I cant get all of the benefits with my current account. Many hours have been put into it, kinda don't want to lose it all. :B

You should be able to upgrade your standard edition Diablo III account to the collector’s edition, but you’ll need to call or submit a ticket to get the process rolling. :)

Please note that you'll need to possess the collector’s edition key prior to contacting Customer Service.
Edited by Vaeflare on 9/18/2012 11:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
09/16/2012 02:57 PMPosted by Vaeflare
You should be able to upgrade your standard edition Diablo III account to the CE edition, but you’ll need to [url="https://us.battle.net/support/en/ticket/submit"]submit a ticket[/url] to get the process rolling. :)

how do i upgrade my game to the version that drops set items?

(I couldn't help it, lol)
Reply Quote
09/16/2012 02:57 PMPosted by Vaeflare
You should be able to upgrade your standard edition Diablo III account to the CE edition, but you’ll need to [url="https://us.battle.net/support/en/ticket/submit"]submit a ticket[/url] to get the process rolling. :)

How much would that cost?
Reply Quote
Be sure to ask them about getting a Diablo 3 standard edition Key to give to a friend.
Reply Quote
09/16/2012 03:01 PMPosted by Adecoy95

(I couldn't help it, lol)

Or that drops any worth while item more than once every couple months?
Reply Quote
09/16/2012 03:01 PMPosted by Adecoy95

OMG I want this version as well.

How come I've never heard of this?

Oh and while you're at it... what about the version that involves a fun loot system, awesome endgame systems, pvp, and hopefully... beyond hope... a pvm survival arena?

And yea... the version that comes with a portal to Diablo 1&2 with all of D3 in those two games but have the monsters and levels have way cooler graphics.

That would be awesome!!!
Reply Quote
09/16/2012 03:15 PMPosted by HOREHOUND
Be sure to ask them about getting a Diablo 3 standard edition Key to give to a friend.

i don't hate any of my friends enough to do that
Reply Quote
Yes, how do I do this, I want my wings.
Reply Quote
I can confirm that you can upgrade from a standard account to CE without losing anything I just did it. just enter the new cd key of the collectors edition on your battlenet and it will upgrade it autiomatically.

I have not been reimbursed for my standard cd key by doing this but ill give CS a call to try and get a key back.
Reply Quote
you mean hundreds of kids ranting instead of constructively posting things.
Reply Quote
You should be able to upgrade with no problem as it should be the same as when upgrading a WoW account with a standard version to the collector's edition which I did with Cataclysm and had no problems.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]