Diablo® III

Torchlight 2 is better than diablo 3

yeah torchlight 2 is better than diablo 3 no doubt , it will be the REAL diablo 3 and it comes tomorrow 20 september .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOo7jZFy2Xw
Edited by Scortyl#2584 on 9/19/2012 3:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
09/19/2012 01:12 PMPosted by Scortyl
yeah torchlight 2 is better than diablo 3 no doubt , it will be the REAL diablo 3 and it comes tomorrow 20 september .

TL 2 isn't really a fair replacement for Diablo 3. No real persistent economy, and everyone has the ability to give themselves whatever items they want. It'll be a good game to be sure, but it's more for those Diablo 2 players that preferred playing single-player or with small groups of people they knew.
Reply Quote
you can do the same play single player and play with small groups of people you know... and diablo 3 doesn't have a fair economy, pay to win game...
Reply Quote
View profile
09/19/2012 01:30 PMPosted by iio
you can do the same play single player and play with small groups of people you know... and diablo 3 doesn't have a fair economy, pay to win game...

You're basically trading a the D3 economy for an economy where everyone has mods and trainers. If you want a game where you and everyone else can have the best weapons with a simple download or console command, you'll enjoy TL 2.
Edited by Strawhat#1841 on 9/19/2012 1:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I don't buy games to play the economy. Only in an MMO of some sort do I even bother to consider the importance of an online economy anyway.

It isn't therefore the economy I will care about, but the sheer loads of fun I can have playing the game. I am sure Starcraft II is even more fun when playing the mods people have made for it.
In the end it won't matter if TL2 has no economy, cause the real problem is simple. It simply has to do with one question: Are you having fun?
Reply Quote
I'm confused. Diablo 3 clearly is the sequel to Diablo 2 due to the name, lore, and history. I could've sworn Torchlight 2 was the sequel to Torchlight. Confirm/deny?
Reply Quote
View profile
09/19/2012 02:29 PMPosted by chewytowel
I am sure Starcraft II is even more fun when playing the mods people have made for it.

Custom maps aren't the same thing as mods.
Edited by JohnnyZeWolf#1953 on 9/19/2012 2:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
look this : :) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOo7jZFy2Xw
Reply Quote
I don't buy games to play the economy. Only in an MMO of some sort do I even bother to consider the importance of an online economy anyway.

^^^So much this.

Why do I want an economy in a single player game?
Reply Quote
I've been playing games for nearly 25 years now. Some of yall are just in denial.

Who the hell plays a game for an economy? God...

First you play for FUN
Then you play AGAIN because of class and build diversity and trying new things
Then you play AGAIN because the maps and areas are large and unique
Then you play AGAIN because you have friends using different builds along with yours.
Then you play AGAIN because you want to try some silly builds with crazy items.

I guess somewhere in the lower ends of things exists the need to play for an economy.

You know all those WONDERFUL things economy brings? Farming, grinding.

All it takes is a little number tweaking by the servers and suddenly you are grinding more than having FUN for the sake of the economy.

Not to mention all the bots, gold farmers and people that want to hack and scam your accounts. I've played EQ from the beginning and The ORIGINAL Diablo Online, I don't give two f'in !@#$s about an in game "economy" and graphics are MUCH further down on the list.

If the game isn't fun and your %^-*s not dropping who gives a damn what the graphics are like? Diablo 3 fans in hard denial and I've played EVERY Blizzard title.

I know my !@#$ is in 1080p HD with well over 600hz refresh rate and no matter how much I poke it with a stick expecting it to drop a diamond its not going to happen. Graphics and economy... the two things that ruin fun. Maybe Blizzard will STOP taking advice from the community and start making good games again....

Because honestly I haven't seen anything truly revolutionary from them with THAT budget since Burning Crusade almost half a decade ago. They need some innovation badly.

I can tell you right now, as if Metacritic isn't proof enough and after having played BOTH -- TL2 is a BETTER game. Suck it up, I know its hard but its not like Runic Studios are some strangers to Diablo... they BUILT the first 2 AND the LoD. Just spend your 20 bucks and start having fun again, or sulk and wait for Blizzard to put sails on beached boat. Either way...
Edited by Bismarck on 9/22/2012 3:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
+1 to bismarck
I too have been playing games for 17 years.
TL2 is a game that should drive inspiration to other games. maybe not all but something d3 should at least consider in different options but not the same to avoid a "me-too" game consdiering it came out FIRST before TL2.... and TL2 is like well small company trumps big boy but if you think d3 has more options than tl2 you are so wrong on so many levels -_-'
that doesn't mean d3 is bad, it just funnels you into a tunnel that's all. i'm talking about OPTIONS.

also d3 doesn't feel like a finished product it feels like a beta. lol so many skill adjustments and drastic changes. this is a ready-made game? i think not. TL 2 doesn't have that impression just after 6 hours and oh i'm only in act2 zomg. not nightmare difficulty. oh wait i'm on elite.
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 9/22/2012 3:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
@ Bismarck. I love you man. You took the words out of my mouth. Love. The pure kind. Although I may not call you in the morning.

Fun. Im pretty sure at some stage the Activision big man said he was going to suck the fun out of making games for his employers. Im sure its on the web here somewhere. When Blizz signed up with them it was like someone took my heart and stuffed it with nails.
Reply Quote
First, +1 Bismarck for the awesome post.

09/19/2012 02:48 PMPosted by Begaria
I'm confused. Diablo 3 clearly is the sequel to Diablo 2 due to the name, lore, and history. I could've sworn Torchlight 2 was the sequel to Torchlight. Confirm/deny?

Sadly though D3 is not the sequel in gameplay and I think that is primarily what the long time D2 fans were really looking for and TL2 does a far better job in that area. The story/lore in an ARPG is secondary.
Reply Quote
They also killed Deckard Cain off in D3, there's a few sacred things in EVERY game franchise that you NEVER EVER change.

Mario Bros. Their outfits. Levels may change but they always look the same for the most part.
Final Fantasy. The spells are often the same, even though characters and plot change.
Diablo. DECKARD CAIN, even though heroes and plot line change.

They killed off Deckard Cain in such an degrading humiliating manner that I can't help but think they had NO idea what they were doing. You don't kill Deckard Cain, Deckard Cain identifies how you die.
Reply Quote
09/19/2012 01:33 PMPosted by Strawhat

You're basically trading a the D3 economy for an economy where everyone has mods and trainers. If you want a game where you and everyone else can have the best weapons with a simple download or console command, you'll enjoy TL 2.

Thing is that I really don't care what other players in TL2 are giving themselves. I on the other hand do have the willpower to get my items legitimately from playing the game the way that it's designed without needing mods to get overpowered gear.

There isn't an economy in D3 anymore, it's just a pay to win game now, he who has the most money has the best stuff. Not really sure how that really differs from TL2's modding scene though, seems about the same only TL2 players won't need to spend real money to get the best gear.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Priest
I feel like I'm stealing money from Runic by only paying $20 for BOTH TL2 and TL1.

TL2 is a fantastic game.
Reply Quote
09/22/2012 04:26 PMPosted by Seeders
Torchlight 2 is better than Diablo 2, as well.

This is what was most striking to me. I wouldn't go so far to claim it myself yet as I'm only 8 hours in and there is a lot of time and love in D2 to claim it has been outdone but those first hours have given me faith that I might have found that game that tops it. I have loved every bit of that time and I'm trying to keep my sense to not let myself get too hyped up like I did with D3 but I would most certainly recommend any D3 vet the highest praise of the game so far.
Reply Quote
Torchlight 2 is so much more fun in the first two days than Diablo 3 was in the first two weeks when I quit. Diablo 3 is a short and washed up game with a terrible story line, broken game with constant errors upon release, ignorant developers who don't listen to their fanbase, and loot with meaningless affixes. 33 people at runic games did what Blizzard took 10 years doing and did it a lot better with less people. Lol its really a sad situation.
Edited by Azmodan#1877 on 9/23/2012 12:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
nothing beats diablo 2 so far.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]