Diablo® III

The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse

Seriously, this "TL2 is way better than D3" is beyond ridiculous.

Today it's not judgment day, Diablo 3 servers will not shutdown overnight because of a mass migration of players.

Is Diabo 3 disappointing under many POVs? Yes it is.
Is TL2 better? Let's play it at least 100 hours before jumping to conclusions.
Reply Quote
I really like D3 and I am having enough fun playing D3 that I have no plans to buy TL2 anytime soon. Maybe by Christmas? or maybe next summer. We will see :)
Reply Quote
09/20/2012 11:50 AMPosted by Wolffe

Yup. Outside server issues (which is a legitimate complaint), nobody complained about the game itself until they were at the very least, in Hell. You know, a good 20-30 hours in.

Everyone must have forgot how much they absolutely loved this game on release because it's convenient.

Considering that Runic themselves said there is no long term plans for the game, and they are leaving it up to modders (and the dev toolkit won't be out for at least a month yet), I think people are going to be severely disappointed after investing similar amounts of time into TL2.

Just let them overhype it for themselves. It will be adorable.
Reply Quote
TL2 is leaps and bounds better than the original, but is just not as addicting as D3.
Reply Quote

If it's anything like the first game, most people will be done with it long before they hit the 100-hour mark. I barely managed 20-hours myself. Fun game, but it didn't have the replay value or longevity of a Diablo game.
Reply Quote

Why would anyone spend that much time on something that they don't like? If you don't like the game within the first 4 hours it's safe to say you won't like the rest.
Reply Quote
09/20/2012 12:17 PMPosted by MountainMan

If it's anything like the first game, most people will be done with it long before they hit the 100-hour mark. I barely managed 20-hours myself. Fun game, but it didn't have the replay value or longevity of a Diablo game.

The first game didn't have online co-op.

TL2 has 6-player online co-op.

I doubt people will get bored with it right away.

It'll definitely last longer than the 3 months most people took to get bored of Diablo 3.
Reply Quote
09/20/2012 12:22 PMPosted by Scourge
It'll definitely last longer than the 3 months most people took to get bored of Diablo 3.

Yeah, O.K. Diablo 3 is dead after three-months. Sure, man, whatever you need to tell yourself. Don't let me get in the way of your delusions.
Reply Quote
But TL2 has been out for almost 1 full day!

How couldn't you definitively believe that the game is better?

Just like how we all know GW2 is THE definitive WoW and Diablo 3 killer.
Blizzards servers will clearly be shut down while GW2 continue to reign with 10million plus players 5 years from now.

The only true question is...

Will GW2 kill PoE and TL2? Or can we possibly live in a world where 3 games are popular?
Edited by babinro#1836 on 9/20/2012 4:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I was intrigued by TL2 so decided to check it out but I'm getting a 404 on their site.
Reply Quote

Considering that Runic themselves said there is no long term plans for the game, and they are leaving it up to modders (and the dev toolkit won't be out for at least a month yet), I think people are going to be severely disappointed after investing similar amounts of time into TL2.

Just let them overhype it for themselves. It will be adorable.

Runic has now stated they are considering closed servers.
But anyway, I've been playing TL2 for about an hour now and am loving it, but Diablo 3 didn't get boring to me until about the 150 hr mark...so we will see if TL2 lasts that long.

That said, if the modding community comes through, there could be some PVP PW 100+ player games out there...lots of possibilities.
Reply Quote
09/20/2012 04:20 PMPosted by LostInTheUSA
I was intrigued by TL2 so decided to check it out but I'm getting a 404 on their site.

lol yeah their site must be getting hammered right now. Fortunately you can still play the game without a problem, and also you can buy TL2 on Steam if you want!
Reply Quote
Well, Torchlight II's Developer Runic's website has crashed under the pressure. Having just spent three straight hours enjoying my pre-ordered copy, I can understand why.
Torchlight II is a !@#$ing masterpiece of an APRG.

Diablo III isn't just disappointing - it's straight up plain bad.
The only aspects of Diablo III that are any good are those that were directly copied from it's predecessor. Everything Blizzard changed, added or removed makes the game worse. From the lack of character customisation, to the terrible story, unsuitable music and highly questionable art style, to the Online Only DRM and Real Money Auction House, Diablo III is simply poorly made.

Torchlight II is faster, more fun, with better music - though some might not like the art style, the gameplay is simply unmatched. Buy it now.
Reply Quote
Well, Torchlight II's Developer Runic's website has crashed under the pressure. Having just spent three straight hours enjoying my pre-ordered copy, I can understand why.
Torchlight II is a !@#$ing masterpiece of an APRG.

Diablo III isn't just disappointing - it's straight up plain bad.
The only aspects of Diablo III that are any good are those that were directly copied from it's predecessor. Everything Blizzard changed, added or removed makes the game worse. From the lack of character customisation, to the terrible story, unsuitable music and highly questionable art style, to the Online Only DRM and Real Money Auction House, Diablo III is simply poorly made.

Torchlight II is faster, more fun, with better music - though some might not like the art style, the gameplay is simply unmatched. Buy it now.

This, if only I could log on for multiplayer, well day one I expected as much.
Reply Quote
The THE FOUR HORSEMEN OF THE APOCALYPSE of Blizzard are Torchlight 2, borderlands 2, Guild Wars 2 and MoP :P
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]