Diablo® III

The Definitive Sustained-Archon Guide

MP3+ is really worth it if you have the DPS to maintain archon (and stay alive :)
The extra item chance from the trash is where its at. Do not bother doing the whole act on higher MP though, some areas, including the key area, just don't have the monster density to make it worth it.
Is it really that cheap for a 90-380 triumviarte?

Plus, Should I replace my pant>Inna's and Chest > Tal Rasha's?

Thx Bro.
Is it really that cheap for a 90-380 triumviarte?

Plus, Should I replace my pant>Inna's and Chest > Tal Rasha's?

Thx Bro.

I see no problem with your gear whatsover. You should be able to do mp2 at least with your gear.

pant>Inna's and Chest > Tal Rasha's?

You'll take a major dip in defense by going this route, which might end up hurting you. Only do so if you're absolutely sure you'll be able to survive.
The best i have found for ultra fast archon refreshing is ww/df with most of my cm gear, so hitting a cc and ias breakpoints( like 45-50%cc and either 2.51 or 2.74 aps), but this is at a cost of dps at my income level, yeah no trifectas.

Im doing some testing with it as this style has some benefits, but i need to really test efficency.

Could anyone tell me what the standard alkaizer run wp are and what should be some efficent clear times at around mp 3?

ps: yeah the best part of this style is that u can actually use archon on multiplayer, as long as there are no other archons or very hight dps toons that melt the trash before ur twisters get a chance to proc enough cm to refresh.

It might be too much burden for ordinary players to pursue WW breakpoints...with archon gears :P Typical CM gears are not optimized for best DPS thus archon. I guess you can still get by with semi-decent cc and ias only to refresh archon, if you don't aim at perma-freeze outside archon form.

11/06/2012 01:18 PMPosted by Shelendil
I prefer Improved archon and Diamond skin over Teleport. Forked lightning is the best damage for no ap cost, but you can also try using this combo if you're on sufficiently low MP: Disintegrate - chaos nexus, Diamond skin - prism, and Storm armor - power of the storm. Alternatively, drop Familiar for a damaging spell.

I'm playing around with teleport archon these days, and found it not more attractive than improved archon. Improved archon can save you 25% on killing time, while teleport can barely save you 25% on walking time (most cases less than that). So I will stick to improved archon unless I'm in coop where I have to get the kill ahead :P

[quote]
Haha I may jump in to make a serious response. Even in MP2, a reflect rare with 4M HP will reflect 400K damage to you. Suppose you have 90% mitigation (5K armor 900 AR), that's still 40K real damage to you. Four minions with 1M HP each will also reflect 40K real damage. To counter that 80K damage with 40K HP pool asks for 40K life regen before you kill yourself. With 2K LAK you need to find 20 trash mobs for that pack without taking any additional damage. Good luck!

Reflect is annoying and even with LS at 3% you still cannot mitigate it all if you run into a elite pack. I have a LS weapon that I do put on for reflect mobs, but LAK will do just fine for everything except reflect mobs. I did around 10 runs of key run at MP5-MP7 yesterday, and got couple nice legend 95% of the time I used the LAK weapon.

Actually you can. With 5500 armor 950 AR buffed, your mitigation is 91% meaning you only take 0.9% reflected damage and you can breakeven with 3% LS + Blood Magic. That's totally achievable with some decent gears. Below that gear level, LS can reduce 50%-90% reflected damage, depending on your mitigation.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en-us/forum/topic/7004014798?page=2#22
450k dps tele archon with scramble mp4
got 3 legendary drops in one min :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlb3bCkAuyU
450k dps tele archon with scramble mp4
got 3 legendary drops in one min :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlb3bCkAuyU

I got 3 leg in one run today and thought I was lucky enough...:)
im really having a bad time on demonic tremors + reflect + fast +extra health (sometimes with teleport)

it wasted a lot of my time kiting so i wont get knocked back. to hell with them when they get horde+reflects lol
400k dps improved archon mp6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0XDzPw0b2M
got 3x fleeting in 6mins :)
Nice video aw3s0m0...can i get your opinion, should i get a Zuni pox without CC and the boots? the +130 int is quite tempting tho
depends on ur build n price on the ring i guess. if u get more dps n mainly run archon then go for it. :)
alright mate...going for DPS then :) thx
With the improved archon rune: does it raise the ability damage by 25% compounded?
Ie: beam of death does 300%. Does it go to 325% or 375%
improved archon is 300% i think.
Bookmarked. By the way I've seen twitch wizards sometimes farm using this build:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#UmXjSO!fgY!ZcaacZ

Where Energy Armor Pinpoint Barrier can be changed to Storm Armor Shocking Aspect, or the Scramble rune. Is there any reason why you use Ray of Frost instead of Electrocute Forked Lightning? Since I believe the Forked Lightning will be a good AOE spell as well as helping to reset the cool-down with Critical Mass.
Bookmarked. By the way I've seen twitch wizards sometimes farm using this build:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#UmXjSO!fgY!ZcaacZ

Where Energy Armor Pinpoint Barrier can be changed to Storm Armor Shocking Aspect, or the Scramble rune. Is there any reason why you use Ray of Frost instead of Electrocute Forked Lightning? Since I believe the Forked Lightning will be a good AOE spell as well as helping to reset the cool-down with Critical Mass.

If you are using pinpoint barrier alrdy for dps, i highly recommend you switch over to storm armor, pick thunderstorm or scramble, dont use shocking aspect. I was using Ray of frost because I had the gear for it(+15 crit RoF), I've now switched to using Disintegrate because i bought a -5 disintegrate soj. Forked lightning is nice for lots of trash, but I find it ineffective for taking down elites. I've listed many options, pick one that's right for your equipment and playstyle!
Edited by eLINminator#1776 on 11/13/2012 10:55 AM PST
+1 for a great Archon guide!
New tips:

- If you like picking up gold... who doesnt? Get Pickup Radius, while it's not required, it sure is very helpful!
- Get a Hellfire ring, even if it sucks, the 35% xp bonus is awesome, much better option than forcing your way up to next MP. The xp bonus gained is equivalent of going up 2 MP levels. If you have trouble killing ubers, get some infernal machines(3+), add me, i can help you kill ubers.
Was having fun with this build, thx eLINminator for the wonderful guide. Am able to do MP3 comfortable and sustain 90% most of the time.

Was thinking to do higher MP like MP5, and with my DPS, i dont think i can do it that fast enough.

Any tips on doing pretty fine on higher MP levels?
Hey eliminator, in the search for the most efficient XP build, have you tried non-Archon builds?

There is another post right now where basic idea is you can drop blizz/hydra and walk away while trash mobs die (similar to tornados from WW barbs), and since ur not archon, you can use wormhole to traverse much faster than archon teleport.
Hey eliminator, in the search for the most efficient XP build, have you tried non-Archon builds?

There is another post right now where basic idea is you can drop blizz/hydra and walk away while trash mobs die (similar to tornados from WW barbs), and since ur not archon, you can use wormhole to traverse much faster than archon teleport.

that post/build actually did catch my attention, it's definitely one of the builds that i'd try. the idea is sound , and the concept is very similar to archon. i think u need 240k dps, i'm only creeping up to 200k now.

will definitely try it out later and hopefully improve upon it.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]