Diablo® III

Time Played - problem?

Is there anyone playing around with the api right now?

It seems the time calculation is wrong...
Take my characters as example. I have a barbarian with 20 hours played and a wizard with 100 hours and the values returning from de api is:

timePlayed = {
barbarian = 1;
"demon-hunter" = 0;
monk = 0;
"witch-doctor" = 0;
wizard = 1;
};

The barbarian is returning 1 when it should return 0.2 right?
Anyone having the same issue?
Reply Quote
Web & Mobile Team
Well, kinda. What happens is that the data displayed will show the most played class as "1" and then the sum of all of the other classes will be 1. In this case, your barb is your most played class and you've only every played one other, so it is one as well. If you create a new character (demon hunter, monk or witch doctor) you'll see the numbers fluctuate.
Reply Quote
09/19/2012 07:17 AMPosted by Straton
Well, kinda. What happens is that the data displayed will show the most played class as "1" and then the sum of all of the other classes will be 1. In this case, your barb is your most played class and you've only every played one other, so it is one as well. If you create a new character (demon hunter, monk or witch doctor) you'll see the numbers fluctuate.

Do you plan to change that behavior? Right now there is no way to extract correct percentage values from this data representation. :)
Edited by DSitC#2530 on 9/19/2012 9:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Ok then, thank you Straton by the quick reply.

But you agree that we can't show the info the same way you guys do in the game and the profile website...
That's odd, since the info we show in our application misleads the site/game.

This was made intentionally to block data mining through the api or threre is a change coming?

I'm only annoying on this point because the great marjority of my friends (my testing data) has 1 or 2 characters and this make me believe the this must be the rest of the players on diablo.
Reply Quote
Web & Mobile Team
Yeah, we should probably change that behavior.
Reply Quote
Straton, can you please start replying to topics about problems. We feel a bit left out at the moment ;)

Btw: we have the same problem as the topic starter. Please change this behavior.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]