Diablo® III

Monk 1.05 patch

09/14/2012 11:33 AMPosted by kOAKy
wouldn't it been a lot easier to just allow players to have 4 or 5 passive skills?

Where's the revenue stream in that? No, buy my +armor gear instead, and Bliz can get their 15% cut.
Reply Quote
09/14/2012 11:29 AMPosted by jabippy

It comes out even even if you decide to drop STI, if you decide to keep it, your mitigation gets buffed, so if you are satisfied with the damage you're taken right now, you can safely drop STI in the next patch since you're going to take the same damage without it and can use that slot for something else.

I seriously doubt I'll be playing nerfed inferno mode, pretty sure I'll want to be playing infernal machine or player 8 mode, how about you? So how much they nerfed damage there really has no bearing on me.

I am on the same boat and I am as concerned as you, these balances are great for inferno, for Infernal Machine? we don't know yet, but you are right, defensive abilities might be now to weak for the uber difficulties, for now we play the waiting game.
Reply Quote
underpowered class?? WTF u should go and uninstall diablo!
Reply Quote
Anyone notice the OP's Monk has like 4 different resistances on his gear? All resistance being the highest. Not even sure why you're using OWE right now man...

As for our "nerfs" the 25% damage reduction in inferno will hopefully give us more fun skills/passives to choose.

I'm planning on removing either one or both Resolve and STI and replace it with TGP and or Exalted Soul.

We'll see how my character holds up after the patch.
Edited by Neon#1837 on 9/14/2012 11:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Anyone notice the OP's Monk has like 4 different resistances on his gear? All resistance being the highest. Not even sure why you're using OWE right now man...

As for our "nerfs" the 25% damage reduction in inferno will hopefully give us more fun skills/passives to choose.

I'm planning on removing either one or both Resolve and STI and replace it with TGP and or Exalted Soul.

We'll see how my character holds up after the patch.

Again, that's all peachy keen if you plan to play inferno after the patch, you might get lonely though.
Reply Quote
So... 1.0.5 or Borderlands 2?
Reply Quote
09/14/2012 11:43 AMPosted by RealQuiet

Wait and see how it shakes out, if I am still having fun after the patch I'll stick around, if not, I won't. No skin off my nose either way. Plenty of other games to play.
Reply Quote
When D3 first came out, it promises Inferno to be tough and not for everyone. It was a success. Most of us can only dream of killing Inferno Diablo. The challenge was what kept us going.

So ppl start complaining and they made Inferno easy and of course, the drops are mostly unusable. Well, that's understandable of course since it's so easy to complete Inferno, even on 1.03.

So now the Inferno has become so easy, that they have to create new Uber levels.

So what's next? Super Uber levels when they nerf Uber?
Edited by DrDisciple#1811 on 9/14/2012 11:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
So 2 of my barb skills are all getting nerfed, great... (Used Leap with iron impact, war cry with impunity) I also used ignore pain, almost have to a budget non-ww barb. Yet the reason they're nerfing the two skills is that people weren't using ignore pain. Yet I was.

So now in order to make up for it I have to spend more money on more resists.

Which now also ignores that fact that another reason war cry was so attractive was because it generated a lot of fury.
Edited by shinjigohan#1554 on 9/14/2012 11:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
No buffs? How do you know? The article is based entirely around defensive skills, pretty sure that it does not cover the full balance for the classes
Reply Quote
Although the OP is one of those retards who doesnt read, did anyone else LOL at Resolve and Seize the Initiative getting nerfed, but no mention whatsoever of Tough as Nails and Nerves of Steel? LOL!

Unbelievable how Barbs get away with the best buffs every single patch... What. The. Hell.

Even the Warcry nerf isnt nearly as bad as the Energy Armor one... I dont even

Please e-slap this zero in face for screaming blatant falsehoods
Reply Quote
Isn't that a bad idea. Start off the patch notes with nerfs? Get everyone sour and want to give up the game. By the time they get around to talking about the buffs less people will be around to even care.
Reply Quote
i don't even use Resolve, and now I'm maybe able to drop STI for combination strike, this is a buff for me.
Reply Quote

Again, that's all peachy keen if you plan to play inferno after the patch, you might get lonely though.

You're just speculating on how difficult the Infernal Machine will be and how "great" the rewards are. So unless you work for Blizzard, your assumption doesn't hold much weight.
Reply Quote
09/14/2012 11:43 AMPosted by RealQuiet

Both.

Oh wait, it's impossible to play more than one game. Once somebody makes the decision to stop playing, they never ever play the game again.

Ever.
Reply Quote
Why nerf? Just buff other runes/passive?!?!

By reducing STI I will lose armor then I will be restricted to use MOE+Hard Target or DR:Keen eye to be tanky since my gear sucks . . .
Reply Quote
Seize the Initiative gets nerfed.
Nerves of Steel doesn't.

Why is that?
Reply Quote
Seize the Initiative gets nerfed.
Nerves of Steel doesn't.

Why is that?

How much dex do you see on a geared monk? Generally at least 2k.

Now, how much vit do you see on a geared barb? Usually around 1k, give or take.

Yes, barbs also get armor from strength, but monks get plenty of dodge from dex.
Reply Quote
If you actually read the Blizzard post you'll understand that all classes are getting BUFFED.
Please re-post thread QQ about monks getting buffed if you must complain.

Also Monks are hands down the easiest class to beat this game with. They are far from weak.
Unless you measure a classes strength only by the speed in which they can farm Act 3.
Edited by babinro#1836 on 9/15/2012 4:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
Post patch preview
Show in detail through math how changes are not a nerf
Forum posts calling out the nerf anyways

There is exactly one class that has even sort of any room to !@#$%, and that's the demon hunter, because the gloom changes can be argued as a legitimate nerf, as mathematically they will be taking more damage while gloom is up (of course, you can argue the extended duration makes up for it).

And in case you're wondering about the math, 65% dr and 100% monster damage versus 35% dr and 75% monster damage means the demon hunter was taking 35% normal damage while gloom was up before, and is now taking 48.75% damage after. Or more specifically, after resists and armor and stuff is calculated in, demon hunters were taking 35% of THAT number and are now taking 48.75% of that same number. Which is almost 40% more incoming damage while gloom is up than before, not to mention the life leech nerf.

Buuuuut demon hunters are also getting defensive runes and stuff somewhere, which may end up more than offsetting things anyways (if demon hunters got a good 20% damage reduction rune, for example, I'd probably switch out sharpshooter for that). And of course, 75% reduced damage all the time means I might not even need to use gloom all that much in the first place.

So no one is really hurt by this patch and everyone should chill. And I'm saying this as a demon hunter that uses gloom to survive.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]