Diablo® III

iPhone 5

Can't wait for the device, it looks awesome. The new iPhone had 2 million preorders in the first 24 hours and ended up selling more in its first weekend than the PS vita has in a year.

Anyone else pumped for the new iPhone?
Reply Quote
NO the Iphone is a glorified POS just like almost everything else mainstream re hashed over and over for the sheer purpose of draining the income of anyone willing to pay obscene amounts for it. Id rather buy a bag of tape worm infected Dog fecal matter, then eat it.
Reply Quote
Don't make a post about anything Apple on a Blizzard forum. You'll get flamed lol.

But yeah I'm a bit skeptical about the 5... looks like a crappy improperly-sized Android phone at first glance... but will have to see it in person. Also not many innovations anymore in iOS... starting to get a bit stale.
Reply Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-LE0ycgkBQ&feature=youtu.be

Insert Apple in place of EA and this is the entirety of the iphone/ipad marketing plan.
Reply Quote
iPhones are very good phones, there is no denying that.

That doesn't make their legions of obsessed zealots any less nuts.

(Kinda like the cult of Joss Whedon)

I just wish someone release cool smart phones without a camera. Many of us work in jobs where any form of camera is not allowed for security reasons.

I'd actually like to see Windows Phones take a higher market share. I'd much rather get one of those than any Android. But they're playing catch-up atm :(
Reply Quote
Samsung "The Next Big Thing"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNxDd3l0lEU

I had an iPhone once and it was okay.
Edited by Kaputt#1475 on 9/19/2012 9:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
iPhones are very good phones, there is no denying that.

That doesn't make their legions of obsessed zealots any less nuts.

(Kinda like the cult of Joss Whedon)

I just wish someone release cool smart phones without a camera. Many of us work in jobs where any form of camera is not allowed for security reasons.

I'd actually like to see Windows Phones take a higher market share. I'd much rather get one of those than any Android. But they're playing catch-up atm :(
I hope the lumia 920 will be my next phone. I'm tired of samsung and apple to be honest.
Reply Quote
Jimmy Kimmel - iPhone 5 skit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdIWKytq_q4

Epic facepalm for those fools.
Edited by Hypersonic#1142 on 9/20/2012 7:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
I'll just keep my Iphone 4 around for another few years, I don't see a big need to upgrade at the moment.
Reply Quote
Whats the point? I dont get what hypes people up about any prodcut Apple makes.

corrected.
Edited by zKrieg#1561 on 9/20/2012 9:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/very-well-played-24.jpg?w=500&h=382
Reply Quote
The iPhone was good for one thing, and ONE thing only: Mainstreaming smartphones. Now, iPhone's are pretty much useless compared to the competition. Though people still cling to it, for various reason, the major ones being Apple fanboys, and that using a lot of extra cash for nothing is a fashion trend.
Reply Quote
I think Apple makes amazing hardware.

I just hate their proprietary OS. I don't like the walled garden mentality either.

I understand the reason for it though. The average front-end user of the IPHONE is technologically retarded. No, I am not talking about people in the Fourm here. Just think about that old man standing in front of you at StarBucks trying to use his IPHONE for like 20 !@#$en minutes to pay. Or another example, many people in my office have IPHONES. They are usually the older 35+, less computer saavy indivdiuals who like the idea of one big shiny button and a friendly looking UI. These are the people who kept calling me for hours and hours because when we switched from Office 2003 to 2007 they couldn't find the "mail merge" button.

Iphone haters need to understand the target audience. This isn't like selling a computer or tablet. Phones are a very different market and the device has to have "mass appeal" that includes it being "%^-*upproof." There are 3 year olds that can operate an IPHONE and you never have to worry about them messing up settings. There is nothing mess up or change. Apple controls their iapps tightly for a good reason. They have to protect a lot of private information which they mine from people's phones. As we saw recent, even that approach isn't full-proof (Icloud lol..apple should have known better).

Personally I own an Android device. I just like it better. I can run my SSH shell and connect to my music/files at home. My phone is a tinkering device for me. Most people dont' want to tinker. They just want !@#$ to work. That is where Apple comes in to fill the gap. That's why its so popular.

Not saying its good or bad. But it fills a need. I dont' personally like Apple or its marketing tactics. Especally its %^-*en tarded patent war against Samsung. But w/e. Love it, hate it. Its Apple!

As for their "new" phone. Gimme a break. Its a iphone 4 with some new widgets. There is nothing here worth spending 500 dollars for. Unless its a significant upgrade. Also be aware that you will have ot change your data plan because of the LTE. So its kind of a great business model to force you to pay for something you probably don't need AND charge you for LTE services which aren't even reliable yet. Yay!!! Go isheep buy your toy and pay 200 dollars a month for service for 4G that you already had!
Edited by cvr#1261 on 9/20/2012 6:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I agree.

iPhone is aimed for people who want something that is dead simple. That's why all their software is so limiting and boring for me as I love customizing and tinkering with stuff.

I do feel, however, that some limitations are uncool: like locking out Google Maps and other browsers from the system. And even if you download the standalone map or browser, you can't make it override the default Apple software. It pisses me off.

That being said, whatever works for you man. The phone does look good, from the hardware point of view even though Apple marketing starts to get boring and software in terms of possibilities is playing catch up to Android. And trust me 4.1 Jelly Bean on Galaxy Nexus is a delight: simple, functional and gets updates as soon as they appear.
Reply Quote
Locking out Google Maps was a serious mistake on their part. Look at the flame war happening on Reddit...

http://www.reddit.com/r/technology/comments/106rvw/new_ios_6_apple_maps_app_angering_users_and/
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]