Diablo® III

PVP - 'POUND OF FLESH'

I appreciate every response. I just know that I want to see some PVP and I wouldn't mind if they made it interesting in any way.

- Hacks?- 1v1 Balance issues?- Scams and cheating?- Hustling operations?- Incredible motivation for harassment and intimidation?

Starbird. First off, thank you for taking the time to respond. I appreciate your feedback and concerns. I don't want to set us up for another failed system. But, if there was a way to enjoy it without it shaking our system; I wouldn't mind a go.

Either way, you're right about a few things: no matter what they put in place, people will try to take advantage of the system. If people can cheat, they will.

I just hope we're all having a great time and at the same time doing what need be done to handle the people exploiting.
Reply Quote
I just had a new idea for this:

What if you're dueling another in a 'Pound of Flesh' duel and you both have killed previous challengers in 'pound of Flesh' duels? What happens? Both of you are stacked right now with an extra 25% of the previous players stats and life.

Another possible twist: Immagine that if you beat your new opponent, who is currently holding 1 'pound of flesh' you take his pound and the one he's holding?

you're pound plus his 2 = 3 pounds of flesh (25% of 3 different players total stats and life)

"I feel more powerful ..."
Reply Quote

the paragon xp you win, comes to you as a potion. which you can sell on ah or use on an alt.
eg: potion of 10mil paragon xp. potion of 100mil paragon xp.

Chrisloup: this is a great idea. Mind if I add it to the OP? It may not be what's done but, why not put it out there? Potions as a form of Paragon XP.

I like this a lot because it reminds me a good bit of Diablo 1. In D1 there were skill potions and spell books ... just drink em down and you were more powerful. And the cool thing here is also that, at the end of a duel, you opponent keels over and out pops the reward ... just like slaying a monster. A la, D1 dueling.
Reply Quote
wtf is a chank?
Reply Quote
I came into this topic expecting something I wanted to smash my head off the keyboard from, but these are actually well thought out and good. I give you my thumbs up.
Reply Quote
09/24/2012 10:48 PMPosted by CommanderKJK
I came into this topic expecting something I wanted to smash my head off the keyboard from, but these are actually well thought out and good.

Thank you for just reading and considering these ideas CommanderKJK
Reply Quote
i just hope that they do not reset the acounts when pvp patch arrives
Reply Quote
10/01/2012 09:50 AMPosted by RaitoKing
i just hope that they do not reset the acounts when pvp patch arrives

tell me about it
Reply Quote
I will play PVP, but I don't really care one way or another.

This idea would make me care. It would shift the endgame from an endless repetitious loot grind, to an endless exciting loot grind!
Reply Quote
10/03/2012 12:17 AMPosted by Sevenernine
This idea would make me care

Thank you for checking it out.
Reply Quote
tis gambling, aint gonna happen.
Reply Quote
they need to balance many stats in the game before the pvp... primarily
Edited by RaitoKing#1184 on 10/3/2012 2:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
10/03/2012 12:30 AMPosted by Razor
tis gambling, aint gonna happen

I'm obviously no expert but, I wonder if the in game gold and items would be considered gambling (in real life). Also, the "Pound of Flesh" concept wouldn't be gambling for in game items ... so at the very least, we could just be gambling for more in-game power.

Every fight a chance to gain or lose 5-25% of someone's power.

10/03/2012 02:37 AMPosted by RaitoKing
they need to balance many stats in the game before the pvp... primarily

Perhaps you're right but, when they are close (they'll never get it perfect) the question is, would you like to duel for a 'Pound of Flesh' or the ring on your challengers knuckle? Or for a Million Gold? LET'S GET CRAZY! :O)

Thanks to both of your guys for taking the time to read and add your 2 cents
Edited by AdAstrA#1590 on 10/3/2012 9:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Anybody else want to talk about this?
Reply Quote
09/20/2012 01:24 PMPosted by Zyron
Why does imagination seem to be coming from players and not developers?

It is not in their job description to be innovative and imaginative.
Reply Quote
I just had a new idea for PVP ... There should also be an option to PVP with friends and test out strategies that wont count towards your PVP record. Call it PVP training mode. This will be great for friends who want to either mess around wth each other or truly test or improve their PVP skill (off the record)
Reply Quote
i wanna pound your flesh with my pork sword
Reply Quote
these are all great ideas. if it were that simple don't you think they'd do it immediately? Maybe you could slap out that code for them and for us. yea, we all want pvp. it wont be as awesome as you describe, i wouldn't think. maybe they're listening though.

good ideas.
Reply Quote
09/20/2012 10:27 AMPosted by ztking
... Would be fun to wager paragon xp :)

you're evil.
Reply Quote
11/13/2012 11:39 AMPosted by chrisko
i wanna pound your flesh with my pork sword

With this I think you saved the end-game ... \m/(>.<)\m/
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]