Diablo® III

PVP - 'POUND OF FLESH'

these are all great ideas. if it were that simple don't you think they'd do it immediately? Maybe you could slap out that code for them and for us. yea, we all want pvp. it wont be as awesome as you describe, i wouldn't think. maybe they're listening though.good ideas.

Thanks for checking them out

11/13/2012 11:54 AMPosted by BoPop
you're evil.

LOL
Reply Quote
[quote]I like your PvP ideas, but to add to your suggestions I was thinking this would be a great opportunity for Blizzard to add a stat system to D3. PvP needs to be balanced because there is such a large disparity between people with great gear and people with avg gear. Why not throw out gear in PvP? Have everyone start out in PvP level 1, and with each win a person gains experience. A level up in PvP level will get you 5 stat points to distribute along with base increase in stats. This allows a ladder and a match making system that is easy to implement. PvP lvls can be broken out into tiers, for example a pvp lvl 50 will be in the 50-55 level bracket and only go up against people level 50 to 55.I understand where you're going with this ... PVP is a serious gear check and your'e right; if you're challenger out-gears you, he usually will defeat you. But, asking all players to start naked and start figting for pvp specific gear would leave almost nothing left over from the character you've been busy building.I know I'm not the only one that's putting away specific gear(non MF gear) for upcoming duels.

Nah i like having gear in pvp.. so i can hate on the ones that dont

muahahahahahaha
LOL? j/k you get the point.
Edited by NeLLy#1854 on 11/13/2012 12:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
Honestly,

Don't quote me because I'm not familiar with the "law," but because gold/items sells on the RMAH for real money...this can be considered gambling. Can anyone support or disclaim it?

Maybe this can be done only in HC because I think HC doesn't have a RMAH?
Edited by Diablaho#1100 on 11/13/2012 12:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
D.2. 'Pound of Flesh' stacks. Keep dueling and you're dueler becomes godlike. (win 3 duels in a row? You might need the full 30 minutes to find an apponent your equal.

30 min to pvp? :*(

Wagers and trophies sound good.
Reply Quote
Honestly, Don't quote me because I'm not familiar with the "law," but because gold/items sells on the RMAH for real money...this can be considered gambling. Can anyone support or disclaim it?Maybe this can be done only in HC because I think HC doesn't have a RMAH?

You know ... I have NO idea how the law would apply to gambling for items that aren't real. Even if they CAN later be sold. I think it's possible that, if procedes aren't directly generated by gambler's event, in this case, the PVP duel, it might not even be considered real gambling.

Either way, I just sat back and thought to myself, "what would make PVP fun?" I think everyone would LOVE this. I really do. And people don't have to go crazy and gamble everything away but, you know someone will! LOL ... they'll be some dude who gambles all his gear, "pink slip" style and all of his Paragon EXP and all his gold and he'll just be there naked. LOL

There's always that one guy. haha ... But, for most of us, we could just use the system to make it interesting. Look what I won in my PVP duel ... a new ring!
Reply Quote
D.2. 'Pound of Flesh' stacks. Keep dueling and you're dueler becomes godlike. (win 3 duels in a row? You might need the full 30 minutes to find an apponent your equal. 30 min to pvp? :*(Wagers and trophies sound good.

Yes, that would be a drag ... but, perhaps if you've won every duel in an hour and can't find a contender ... one could use the 'Pound of Flesh' stacks to farm with on MP 10 for 30 minutes. That would be a nice trophy huh?
Reply Quote
11/13/2012 12:11 PMPosted by AdAstrA
Honestly, Don't quote me because I'm not familiar with the "law," but because gold/items sells on the RMAH for real money...this can be considered gambling. Can anyone support or disclaim it?Maybe this can be done only in HC because I think HC doesn't have a RMAH?

You know ... I have NO idea how the law would apply to gambling for items that aren't real. Even if they CAN later be sold. I think it's possible that, if procedes aren't directly generated by gambler's event, in this case, the PVP duel, it might not even be considered real gambling.

Either way, I just sat back and thought to myself, "what would make PVP fun?" I think everyone would LOVE this. I really do. And people don't have to go crazy and gamble everything away but, you know someone will! LOL ... they'll be some dude who gambles all his gear, "pink slip" style and all of his Paragon EXP and all his gold and he'll just be there naked. LOL

There's always that one guy. haha ... But, for most of us, we could just use the system to make it interesting. Look what I won in my PVP duel ... a new ring!

I hear you, but the single fact that they CAN be sold on the RMAH for real money makes it a touchy situation. I'm sure Blizz is not going to risk getting sued over this if there is even a small speculation that they can.(Item affix errors, etc.)
Reply Quote
11/13/2012 12:14 PMPosted by Dannyhimself
I hear you, but the single fact that they CAN be sold on the RMAH for real money makes it a touchy situation. I'm sure Blizz is not going to risk getting sued over this if there is even a small speculation that they can.(Item affix errors, etc.)

Good point. But, why should we discourage Blizzard right here in this forum. I mean don't they, Gizzard, have like godly amounts of money at this point? Don't they have the money? Can't they afford to do the research and find the precidents? Perhaps there is a way to make this work and I gess the question is: Would you like it?

Shouldn't we wax ideas here and push Bliz to consider, not just IF they can be implimented but, how they can be implimented. I don't think they need another excuse to NOT do something.

Besides ... in the end, for a company like this, it should boil down to two factors: What is fun? How will the company make money? I think a cool PVP program will address both of those in spades.

Let's talk about PVP ideas. Let's get crazy man!
Reply Quote
11/13/2012 12:22 PMPosted by HighLander
I had this idea months and months ago and so did everyone else. The problem would be is it would violate gambling laws. The end of that thought.

Look at the date on the OP ... this goes back months; not only that; this is the second PVP thread I started with these ideas. that one, can be traced back weeks before that.
Edited by AdAstrA#1590 on 11/13/2012 12:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/13/2012 12:41 PMPosted by g0d
Agree bump all pvp threads until a BLUE RESPONDS

Thanks man ... I have to say I was relieved when I saw your post. It really comes down to the bare simple fact that this game need any PVP at this point.
Reply Quote
3 new ideas today about the PVP arenas: 1 health globe moment, Enrage Timer Arenas and Specater access from Chat rooms.

1. As soon as one of the Duelers hit's 50% health 1 health globe appears equidistant from the combatants.

2. If a duel goes over 60 seconds, the PVP Arena goes into "Enrage"; Mid evil Pendulum Axes, pits with flames and turets with spinning blades appear and the skys darken from above. You can hear the devil hiss.

3. Access Duels as a spectator from the chat room drop down menu. New hot keys: Bliz get's voice actors back in the studio to track new voice overs for spectators in the arena of death. From the number pad, each player has 9 new phrases to shout out over the crowd as players duel. "Kill him!", "Run you damn fool ... run!" "I say we should let him go -Pee Wee Herman" "Rearange his face"
Edited by AdAstrA#1590 on 11/27/2012 8:55 AM PST
Reply Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_E452S_fJwA 8:30 Jay answers the question about wagering in PvP
I don't agree with his answer at all infact I'd say he's flat out wrong in his assertions. Wagering in a PvP match does not make it an "e-sport" and does not mean you have to balance the game now just because wagering is possible.
He also contradicts himself later and says they will actually "change" skills for PvP only - isn't that basically saying they are "balancing". This also means there are now two seperate skills systems, one for PvE and one for PvP and ironically one of his points was that balancing in PvP can limit some of the "coolness" of certain skills in PvE but this wouldn't matter if you have two seperate skills for PvE and PvP.
Reply Quote
09/20/2012 01:24 PMPosted by Zyron
Why does imagination seem to be coming from players and not developers?

Because players are not limited by time, budgets, technical limitations or other 1,000,000 players.
Edited by Grashnak#1410 on 11/27/2012 2:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
Great ideas.

Too bad the new Blizzard doesn't listen to customers only

Therefore all you will get is zerg 4v4 deathmatch. COD style.
Reply Quote
View profile
Good job on this OP, and you got a lot of good ideas here presented in a constructive manner.

Thumbs Up!
Reply Quote
Thanks guys ... I hope any of these ideas get implimented
Reply Quote
View profile
I really do want to see duels lol, I sure hope they add it as some kind of option.

Even just "going hostile" would work, or declare duel like in WoW.

Again great thread OP.
Edited by MagusHenosis#1202 on 11/27/2012 10:10 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]