Diablo® III

Mass confusion + grave injustice

View profile
Is an amazing combo! Since switch out acid cloud/big bad voodoo for mass confusion ive been dying a LOT less. The 60 second cool down on mss confusion blows, but with grave injustice you will have it available often, for every elite pack. I melt most of them down before effects wear off usually. Underrated skill
Reply Quote
Seriously, its a hard decision to make at times.
Big bad voodoo - 120s cooldown but 30% damage when We stand in the area

Mass confusion 60s.. but 20% damage when mobs stay in the area

I think its easier to control myself to stand in the same area.

A question, does both stack? if so, thats 50% damage?
Reply Quote
Love Mass Confusion, especially with a high end Last Breath weapon which makes it ready for basically any encounter.

Seriously, its a hard decision to make at times.
Big bad voodoo - 120s cooldown but 30% damage when We stand in the area

Mass confusion 60s.. but 20% damage when mobs stay in the area

I think its easier to control myself to stand in the same area.

A question, does both stack? if so, thats 50% damage?

The bonuses will stack, but it is difficult to find space for both spells on a bar. Currently Mass Confusion - Paranoia is by far superior for me since the cooldown is half of BBV.

Also, Mass Confusion - Paranoia does not require the mobs to stay in one area, they only have to be within the area of affect when you originally cast the spell. The debuff lasts on them even when they move around.
Edited by Sporvan#1709 on 9/18/2012 1:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
mass confusion's 20% damage buff is great.

It also lasts the entire 12 seconds in 1.0.5 unless they do some drastic nerfs. Guaranteed elite kill without even fighting back.
Reply Quote
Question: Is the 20% damage buff moving with you or static at point of cast? I know that giant spirit guy will following you around.

I answered this question two posts above...

Also, Mass Confusion - Paranoia does not require the mobs to stay in one area, they only have to be within the area of affect when you originally cast the spell. The debuff lasts on them even when they move around.
Reply Quote
I've been playing with Zombie Dogs + Sacrifice + Provoke the Pack with Zombie Handler and G.I.

I have been using the following:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#WRUVYT!TdU!bZccYY

So basically I get the big damage opener, then +20% damage for 30 seconds. If I kill enough enemies then I can keep the 20% up full time.

Granted I am not sure if it's the same thing since the 2 spells in the OP help a party. Plus I am not in inferno. Also not sure if it's better then just rocking a soul harvest. It's been fun so for.
Reply Quote

I just got done with another thread that said the opposite, that new mobs that wander into the area take +20% damage (so basically like BBV). I really hope that's not the case. I want it to tag them.

So which is it? Can't really think of a way to test this sanely.
Edited by PackersFTW#1402 on 1/23/2013 3:57 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]