Diablo® III

10.8.2 Retina unplayable - SMC Reset fixed it

SMC reset worked for me.
Reply Quote
Same problem. Can I confirm based on your posts that the problem reoccurs every time you send the MBP to sleep in 10.8.2?
Reply Quote
smc reset should work for this problem and it only happens when you use sleep
Reply Quote
Correction; SMC reset worked for me too when I realised which key is the option key (MAC newbie here - oops!).

I tried sleeping and then waking my macbook and it's still not seeing a performance issue reoccurrence.
Edited by Hyperlight#2968 on 9/24/2012 11:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Yes, I have exactly the same issue w/ my macbook pro retina after software update, and Reset SMC did the trick. Haven't tried sleeping btw.. I think it should be reported to apple.
Reply Quote
+1 confirmed here as well.
Reply Quote
The SMC reset only fixes the problem temporarily. The performance issues crop up again, although I'm not sure if they do after just sleeping. Looking for a more permanent fix from either Blizzard or Apple.
Reply Quote
After testing integrated only graphics on Diablo 3, it seems that it creates the same performance as when I'm supposedly running integrated. I'm not sure if this is helpful at all.
Reply Quote
Confirming that SMC reset only temporarily fixes the issue on my end as well. It didn't happen after one sleep cycle, but did happen after a few. Not sure if this is what causes it to reoccur.
Reply Quote
SMC working for me one time and the fps drop agian when i log back in. i dont know how to fix it. lol
Reply Quote
Yes its only temporary and very annoying.

Looking on the internet it seems that this issue is happening on other games as well.

As usual there are no comments from Apple on their forums... big surprise.
Reply Quote
Is there any way to just downgrade to the base 10.8 ML?
Reply Quote
09/19/2012 05:01 PMPosted by Machkhan
Thanks for the feedback about the update and resetting the SMC.

I had the same problem after updating to 10.8.2 on my MacBook Retina.
I can also confirm that resetting the SMC worked for me too.
Hopefully this will be fixed by either Blizzard or Apple.

Whats your opinion Machkhan?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
This is something Blizzard is unable to fix, as this seems to affect other OpenGL applications, like other games and etc. We've sent the feedback up.
Reply Quote
same problem here...hoping for apple to fix this up shortly since they based they're entire macbook retina gaming presentation right on this game and honestly like this it's just unplayable!
Reply Quote
i did the SMC reset but how would i know if it worked or no ?? it started after normally ?

another Q ... when i play diablo 3 my RMBP reaches 100 C is this normal?
Reply Quote
Having similar issues - what feels like a laggy, choppy experience even in loading screens and character selection menu.

About to reset SMC. Will report back.

Could this please get stickied, or set as a 'Known Issue'? I'm lucky it was still on the first page, or else I'd still be SOL.

EDIT::

CONFIRMED. SMC reset on a Retina Macbook Pro (10.8.2) 15' has solved the problem.
Edited by Heaters28#1801 on 10/7/2012 1:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
i wonder if something about that firmware update throws thngs out of calibration until you do an SMC reset.

That would be my guess. Macallan why don't you try the SMC reset and see if that fixes it.

This is how on the Retina :

Shut down the computer.
Plug in the MagSafe power adapter to a power source, connecting it to the Mac if its not already connected.
On the built-in keyboard, press the (left side) Shift-Control-Option keys and the power button at the same time.
Release all the keys and the power button at the same time.
Press the power button to turn on the computer.
Note: The LED on the MagSafe power adapter may change states or temporarily turn off when you reset the SMC.

+1 That the SMC reset fixed the issues. I hope it persists and I dont have to do this every time
Reply Quote
I had the same issue. Retina on a 10.8.2. Did the SMC reset and everything runs fine now.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]