Diablo® III

Splintered Oar...

just found this, anyone know if it has a use?
Reply Quote
That's the blue mace with the descriptive text that you found in act 2?

Currently doesn't have any use that anyone knows of.
Just part of the 'lost' theme in act 2 that includes the ship log pages and the 'smoke monster' in the form of the big black twister.
Reply Quote
It's 'oar' right, but I 'wooden' keep it.
Reply Quote
its a "2H Sword" but you equip it and you be swinging round an oar...
might just hold onto it and see what down the track
Reply Quote
I keep all the Blue legendaries I find just in case
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
It looks cool!

Thats about it lol, I love running around on my Barb hitting people with a giant Oar.
Reply Quote
It has as much use as Wirt's Original Leg (Blue Legendary Mace from the Den of Evil Level 2 off of the shaman remains)

Keep for nostalgia or the hopes there is a conspiracy and will have use later. Don't forget your tin foil hat to protect your brain from Blizzard knowing that you know their conspiracy plans.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Even I'm not sure if the splintered oar has a higher purpose - but I can tell you it is immensely enjoyable wailing through monsters with a oar in hand! The weapon model is so cool that it has a place in my stash along with many pages of the black rock ledger and ofc Wirt's leg.
Edited by Arcagnion on 9/20/2012 10:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
i'll be the first to say it even if i doubt it. maybe it has something to do with the infernal machine!
/tinfoil hat
Reply Quote
I have three of them, I refuse to toss them. I'm holding out for mount's in this game...maybe a row boat mount..?
Reply Quote
09/20/2012 07:06 PMPosted by Arcagnion
Even I'm not sure if the splintered oar has a higher purpose - but I can tell you it is immensely enjoyable wailing through monsters with a oar in hand! The weapon model is so cool that it has a place in my stash along with many pages of back rock ledgers and Wirt's leg.

why cant we view your profile?
Reply Quote
09/20/2012 07:06 PMPosted by Arcagnion
Even I'm not sure if the splintered oar has a higher purpose - but I can tell you it is immensely enjoyable wailing through monsters with a oar in hand! The weapon model is so cool that it has a place in my stash along with many pages of back rock ledgers and Wirt's leg.

One can only hope that "Uber" bosses use the black rock ledger pages and other items...finally give them a purpose!
Reply Quote

why cant we view your profile?

If you could view Blue posts profiles there would be a few things that would happen.

1, They would be up for abuse (more than normal) because of builds, level of characters etc
2, There will be times they use items that are not on the live patch yet, so giving you a glimpse of things to come and thus open for more problems.

There is no doubt countless other reasons, but you get the idea, there would be no benefit to us as players to see what they have.
Edited by FTL1#2225 on 9/21/2012 1:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
gotta have something to do with those pages that you find in A2. -Green hills of Stranglethorn inventory hog!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]