Diablo® III

Diablo 2 and Diablo 3 drop rates

Ok so Ive been playing Diablo 3 since launch as a casual gamer. Ive only got like 3 legendary items the entire time, along with lots of crap rares. The legendary items were crap themselves, but No Set items! So i the other day i decided to play Diablo 2: LOD to see how the drop rates compare. I made it to lvl 15 on my pally with no MF gear and got my 1st Set Item....oh and all this was on the first few hours of playing. It was an amulet with stats I COULD ACTUALLY USE!!! It pretty much proved my point...Anyone else sick of drop rates?????
Reply Quote
I'm sick of d3 i started playing d2 again awhile ago but now im just sick of blizz///activision they'll prolly try to screw d2 so they can finally say and BE RIGHT d2 is worse.
Reply Quote
View profile
Tell me truthfully did you have any trouble getting upgrades for your level 60 wizard while you were leveling him?

That set item was gear you could use while leveling. So if you had to use the auction house here while leveling then you are doing something wrong. We do not have to be all decked out in legendaries and sets while leveling or even at level cap.

Also getting inferno gear here is like getting the best gear in D2. So take that pally to around level 90 and try finding the BiS (best in slot) gear for your chosen build. Find runes to make runewords like enigma and tell me how long it will take. Do not trade to get enigma, because if you do chances are you are getting a duped item. Duping is how players could circumvent farming in D2. D2 had crappy drop rates for the best stuff if you did not take part in duping at all and found all of your gear.
Reply Quote
Tell me truthfully did you have any trouble getting upgrades for your level 60 wizard while you were leveling him?

That set item was gear you could use while leveling. So if you had to use the auction house here while leveling then you are doing something wrong. We do not have to be all decked out in legendaries and sets while leveling or even at level cap.

Also getting inferno gear here is like getting the best gear in D2. So take that pally to around level 90 and try finding the BiS (best in slot) gear for your chosen build. Find runes to make runewords like enigma and tell me how long it will take. Do not trade to get enigma, because if you do chances are you are getting a duped item. Duping is how players could circumvent farming in D2. D2 had crappy drop rates for the best stuff if you did not take part in duping at all and found all of your gear.

BIS gear doesn't need to drop to make things fun...
If gear with 75% of it's stats potential dropped ALOT more often that would be fun...
If Set items dropped at the same rates as D2... that would be fun....

TBH.. Set items aren't even that powerfull... The only reason they could EVER be considered BIS in D3 is if your going off the notion of Rarity.. sure Set items are BIS b/c they are more common than a true BIS item which would be a rare with nearly perfect rolls. If you had Rares filling all the slots with nearly perfect rolls and your most favorite stat combinations your char. would be twice as powerfull as it would be with 1billion in Set items.

Set items should drop alot more.. since they don't have that much stat power anyways compared to really good rare drops.
Reply Quote
I think the reason I thought D2 drop rates were better is because of mods i was playing. I think ShadowAegis is correct. This does not mean that D3 should be defended on their drop rates or quality of drops. There was a reason we were all playing those mods. Almost every mod improved the drop rates. They offered better drop rates, better equipment, and more fun crafting/cube ideas.

The depth of D3 is lacking so badly right now mainly because they are so afraid of play balance issues. I know they are gearing up for PVP and want to make each build fair, but this is killing the fun factor.
Reply Quote
@ShadowAegis, Honestly yeah I did have good upgrades for my wiz while lvling. Yeah decent gear would drop but it would only have like one stat that increased. Either like vit or int, not a good upgrade that i was like oh wow. Like bracers with vit, int, crit, and maybe a resist. So to be honest i realized it was quicker to just save my gold and buy what i needed off the AH instead of get stuck in nightmare waiting on a great upgrade to drop. Buying off the AH is sadly the solution to getting to inferno. And once you are in inferno you still have to buy upgrades, you just have to save longer to get better stuff.

Im not asking to be fully decked out in set items while leveling. I just enjoyed the feeling of something i knew was rare and an upgrade dropped. Now when i see a legendary i already get depressed before i ID it. Mainly bc i know its probably going to suck. Even if they changed stats on blues and yellows I would be happy...or gear that makes sense.

Honestly i enjoyed the feeling of having a legendary item or set item over a rare. Do you get that OP feeling while wearing an item that is only a rare? especially when you see them all the time. To me the rares in D3 feel like the magic items in D2. I had an enigma chest along with shako and the whole set...that i got myself. Yeah it took a while to get all that but playing everyday since release for about 5 hrs a day and still nothing worth anything??? Wheres the fun in that. I enjoyed seeing gear for my other chars drop in D2. Id get all excited to put it aside and try it out later. Not in D3. And with the new slots in the AH i cant seem to sell anything anymore.
Reply Quote
oh played during my lunch break...and yeah i got another set item. No mods btw. It wasnt as good as the first one but it was still exciting to have it drop.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]