Diablo® III

Archon build

So it's no secret, archon wizards have taken over and now everyone wants one. First off you need either a ton of money, or a lot of time on your hands, or an excellent char to roll. Just like all classes dps is made by

Base stat (int) - 2000-3000
Crit chance - 35-45
Attack speed - (1h around 1.8) (2h around 1.4)
Crit dmg - 300-500

Now these stats can be all over the place to get to your end result which should be 100k+ dps.

Build/gear -
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/JWNZ-1466/hero/23670211

Additionally one of the most important things with this build is to remeber your roots as a wizard, remember the old LOH cm/tornado build? You basically are still goin to use it to proc your cc to get back your archon cool down. Herefore you must have.

Life steal - used while in archon &
Life on hit - while out of archon

Additionally movement speed is a huge bonus, I have 25% and love it. You want to be able to move quickly so you don't waste much time and lose your archon. Also, it makes your farm runs and leveling much quicker.

I don't have any life on hit as once you reach a certain point with your dps you can drop it all together. If you have enough movement speed and dps you never really come out of archon unless you need to rebuff.

Also, you must have life regen. Galvanizing wind is a must, it's perhaps better than critical mass at a certain point. It keeps your pris armor up and gives you life regen. You need vile wards probably and other life regen gear to offset reflect mobs. Even with life steal if you get a ugly reflect mob with no life regen your screwed.

And who switches gear these days? That's for the birds, and a good way to vendor your gear. Stop that.

Any questions?
Edited by JWNZ#1466 on 9/18/2012 2:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
How do you have 36% MS?

Scramble + 11%?
Reply Quote
That being said, if you are thinking about making an archon wizard you need my amulet. Message me with an offer (just upgraded to tals 200m ammy)

Summoners loop - ring
And the cc/cd/loh amulet

Amulet

20-40 dmg
64 crit dmg
7.5 crit chance
576 life on hit
40 gold find

Summoners loop

31 max damage
131 intelligence
48 vitality
70 resist all
9 increased attack speed
13 magic find
Reply Quote
12% boots
12% bracers
12% pants

Capped at 25%
Edited by JWNZ#1466 on 9/18/2012 2:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
LOL It's capped at 25% bro (w/o skill buff)
Reply Quote
Yeah I recommend you getting ice climbers since it is capped at 25%
Reply Quote
Nice, Owell, I still got 25% and I'll take the attack speed/crit chance from my innas anyway. Everything I said is still true.

Good idea with the ice climbers, I have to get a zunis pox also if I do that. My gear is a work in progress I'm constantly Changing.
Edited by JWNZ#1466 on 9/18/2012 2:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Damn, thought there was another way for more MS...
Reply Quote
Idk why everyone is focusing on th MS it can easily be done with no MS if you have good life on hit, and crit chance. You get the archon back in 5 seconds.
Reply Quote
:) because that piece of information is incorrect, that is where people focus on when reading a guide: everything included is a fact.

Also how LOH interacts with archon build is also debatable. For high MS I assume this will be a solo perma archon build which focus on getting as much archon up time as possible. And for down times you can just ID couple items, etc.
Reply Quote
And the reason critical mass isn't doing much for you is your build is a two-hand archon build without APoC

You are not releasing twisters fast enough, also you can't sustain the AP cost

So most two hand archon mages use fork-lightning instead of twisters+critical mass
Edited by DanSkyWalker#1988 on 9/18/2012 2:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm looking at your wizard right now and if you had my amulet, you could do this build 10x more effectively. When you get around 200k dps with 24 ms dropping life on hit is reasonable, most archon wizards die when they lose their archon because they don't have life on hit. If your under 150k I'd strongly suggest some life on hit.

You aren't even using the tornado build with your archon why? Because u dont have life on hit. Your archon wiz isn't at it's full potential... Move on!!!
Reply Quote
You are correct, I don't need my twisters anymore, and I don't need cm anymore. I choose to come out of archon to rebuff.
Reply Quote
I'm looking at your wizard right now and if you had my amulet, you could do this build 10x more effectively. When you get around 200k dps with 24 ms dropping life on hit is reasonable, most archon wizards die when they lose their archon because they don't have life on hit. If your under 150k I'd strongly suggest some life on hit.

You aren't even using the tornado build with your archon why? Because u dont have life on hit. Your archon wiz isn't at it's full potential... Move on!!!

Dude, how do you survive reflect mobs? Get some LS! It's great and all you have 200k DPS.... its a nice number but you sacrificed your AR big time.
Reply Quote
I have alot of life steal..? I don't die. When you have almost 3000 intel u get alot of RA. In archon my resist are at 1000.
Reply Quote
I'm not trying to be trolled by inferior wizards. If anyone has questions pm me.
Reply Quote
09/18/2012 02:30 PMPosted by JWNZ
I'm looking at your wizard right now and if you had my amulet, you could do this build 10x more effectively.

your amulet is best in slot, and it is expensive. it could have better rolls on cc but it already end game as is.

most archon wizards die when they lose their archon because they don't have life on hit. If your under 150k I'd strongly suggest some life on hit.

When I do archon I use one hand sword with APoC source which get me back in archon in hmm, 3 seconds maybe? tops. So LOH is entirely unnecessary.
Reply Quote
Phasebeasts Kill you? Try dropping their Hp with the old cm/WW the popping archon when they are 1/2 hp.

Stop posting here. Life on hit helps a ton of you are at or below 150k dps.
Reply Quote
09/18/2012 02:35 PMPosted by JWNZ
I'm not trying to be trolled by inferior wizards. If anyone has questions pm me.

no one said your gears are bad, in fact they are very good gears indeed.

but you stated some opinions like they are facts.

so we are only trying to debate. no discredit your effort.
Reply Quote

no one said your gears are bad, in fact they are very good gears indeed.

but you stated some opinions like they are facts.

so we are only trying to debate. no discredit your effort.

Ya, wtf are you talking about? Take it easy. Didn't see the LS on the Skorn. Very nice. I take it back.

Even thought TBH I think 2 handers aren't optimal... and btw higher AR would be beneficial but to each his own.
Edited by ElementX#1227 on 9/18/2012 2:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]