Diablo® III

Dashing Strike bug

I know this was reported in the past, but I am now adding more information and a possible way to reproduce.

I was playing Act 3 Inferno HC, fighting Cydaea. Every time she would ran away, I would use Dashing Strike targeted at her. I had to do this quite a bite (since I have low DPS), up to a point where dashing strike bugged (not sure if I was targeting Cydaea or a spider at that point), and I just couldn't move (it was kind of like rubberbanding, but a little different - I also had the impression that it looked similar to a defect that happens when you are knocked back against a wall and you just float in the air until you start moving again). So the spiders ended up "killing" me (Near Death Experience was processed), but when I got to 0 life again, I just didn't die. Since I had read reports about this bug, I just exited the game, and my char was still alive after that.

The thing is, I tried to fight Cydaea again with the same build, and THE EXACT SAME THING HAPPENED AGAIN :-S, around the same time of the fight too (that was probably a coincidence), when she was almost dying. In my third attempt I just dropped Dashing Strike and used something else.

Since I could reproduce this twice myself in the exact same place, I imagine this is good information for troubleshooting.

These were my stats (all buffed):
- 25k dps
- 65k life
- 950 resists
- 9500 armor
- 28% block
- 600 Life on Hit
- 1000 Life per Second

Here is a thread with more details about the build I was running and what not (in case it has any relevance): http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6606782734

Please fix this, in SC it might not be that important, but in HC it almost gives people a heart attack...

Thanks.
Reply Quote
Thanks for taking the time to write this. Yes it did almost give me a heart attack and I am sure others as well.
Reply Quote
I have had the same thing happen, also sometimes you get stuck and if you wait long enough you do die which in hard core would really bite. This has been a problem since patch 1.04 and still no help. Come on Blizzard fix this nasty little bug!!!!!
Reply Quote
If you want a thread combining every other threads about this issue please follow the link and post : http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7006892777
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]