Diablo® III

Leoric's signet farm log - Finally!!!

http://postimage.org/image/mmzcyg555/

Farming Leoric's signet.

Why? Cheaper to get paragons level then upgrade my main gear (3dx, 2vit, 1int, 1str, 3mf, 3gf per paragon level):

Total exp to paragon level 100: 10454400000
My current exp per hour using helm with red gem: 12000000

Total necessary play time to paragon level 100: 871 hours
Total estimated hours to paragon level 100 with Leoric's signet:: 711 hours

Current AH price: 20M for a crap one, 40M for decent, 100M for the best ones, don't expect prices to be lower 'cause there is one flipper buying cheaper ones and re-listing.

So, even if take like 24 hours farming for me I believe it worth a try (I can't make 20M farming 24 hours ).

Current MF with 5 NV stack: 351% (300% with 5 stacks when I found the ring, I wasn't full magic gear)

Route 1: VoTA, sewers, cistern, oasis - full, desolated sands - surface (sometimes I try mines and starting from a royal audience up to VoTA).

~Total hours of farming: 18

RING PLACE: act 2 normal - Ruined cistern - orc pack.

Others legendaries.

Aquila Cuirass - Armor req level 15 - Oasis
Pox Faulds x2 - Pants req level 9 - One found at mines

Do not remember where I found these
Vigilant Belt x2 - Req level 5
Broken Crown - Helm Req level 16
Magefist - Gloves Req Level 16

Resources:

Case in point!

Just found a 26% signet, FINALLY, with a 3 stack NV inside The Ruins Level 1 of the Stinging Winds (west, before Khasim Outpost), off of a Stinging Swarm mob, reported as level 18 by d3db. Normal mob (not champ/elite), 304% total MF at time of drop inclusive of 3-stack (<--- this is what complete data looks like). This is my ninth legendary (first ring) doing this targetted farm.

For those interested, my run is pretty comprehensive and starts with the Lieutenant Vachem checkpoint of the Road to Alcarnus quest, runs through the black canyon mines for a quick 2-3 stacks of NV, then through Stinging Winds (west) to check for Ruins and do the center map tile event, then Khasim Outpost, Stinging Winds (east) to check for Ruins again and also do the center map tile event, Road to Alcarnus, Alcarnus, Audience, Sewers, Cistern, and finally Oasis (including both Tomb side dungeons and the one cave full of the ghost mobs, if any of those spawn.)

Edit: Knowing this, I would be comfortable now adding The Forgotten Ruins at the end of my route, since the skeletal sentries (archers) and bone warriors inside are level 18, and there are many. I'm also pretty comfortable with this run because it is less monotonous and runs pretty much the full gambit of level 17 *and* level 18 mobs. :D

I'd also like to drive home the value of checking for The Ruins in the Stinging Winds. It is entirely snakes (17) and locusts (18). You can ignore the pillar spider spawns (22). :D :D

Edited by AkUriel#1501 on 10/8/2012 1:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
09/20/2012 01:52 AMPosted by SexyTime
Find me one!

I am trying to find one for me.
Reply Quote
-Why do you want to find Leoric's Signet?
-For the exp bonus

-Why do you want an exp bonus?
-To gain paragon levels fast

-Why do you want paragon levels fast?
-So I can have a lot of MF

-Why do you want a lot of MF?
-To find good sh*t

-Why aren't you just farming Inferno to find good sh*t?
-Because I need Leoric's Signet

So you've gotta ask yourself: In the long run, will this have been a more efficient use of your time, for the end game goal of finding good sh*t? I really don't think so.

Or maybe I got your motivation all wrong, and you really just want those leaves on your profile icon, which you get from paragon levels.
Reply Quote

It's difficult to find upgrades to my main gear, the gear you see on my profile right now isn't my main gear. According to diablo progress, when I am using my main gear, I am almost top 20 monk heroscore at americas server. Each paragon level adds 3 dex, 2 vit, 1 int, 1 str, 3mf, 3gf. So this is another way to upgrade my gear without spending millions just to get a minor upgrade or a side-grade in some cases. Plus, if I realize the ring isn't that difficult to farm after I get mine, I could try find some more to sell, it can take some time to make 20M in HC, so if the ring appears in less then 10 hours it's a nice alternative way to make some gold.
Edited by AkUriel#1501 on 9/20/2012 2:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
well...how much is time worth to you? if you're going to spend 800 MORE hours playing this game, then i think you should just BUY it.

that's a lot of time saved...
Reply Quote
well...how much is time worth to you? if you're going to spend 800 MORE hours playing this game, then i think you should just BUY it.

that's a lot of time saved...

If you check AH, the crappiest versions are selling for 20M, while the good ones up to 100M, so let's say a decent ring cost 40M. How long do you take to make 40M? As long I am not flipping these rings in AH I am not making that amount of money so quickly, I would say I would take a month just to save 40M for the ring, so it may worth to spend some days trying to farm the ring, I believe I am planning to try it until sunday, maybe discover the best run and farm one more for my enchantress. If I don't get the ring, then I will start to save gold and try farm AH for a good deal (like the flipper is doing).
Edited by AkUriel#1501 on 9/20/2012 4:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Seems like it would be quicker to farm inferno for 20M (5-10 hours) and buy one than it would be to hope for rng to play in your favour. Just an opinion, though. To each their own
Reply Quote
09/20/2012 04:53 AMPosted by TheDutchMan
Seems like it would be quicker to farm inferno for 20M (5-10 hours) and buy one than it would be to hope for rng to play in your favour. Just an opinion, though. To each their own

RNG does apply to inferno as well, it's really hard to find stuff that sells for 5M+, so, better to make some experiences before spending 40M+ for a decent Leoric's signet.
Reply Quote
I actually found one of these before the whole Paragon thing came out.

It sold for like, 50k :(

I didn't think it was worth keeping since it was such a low lvl ring, and you didn't gain exp after lvl 60
Reply Quote
I actually found one of these before the whole Paragon thing came out.

It sold for like, 50k :(

I didn't think it was worth keeping since it was such a low lvl ring, and you didn't gain exp after lvl 60

The ring before patch didn't contain exp %, as we can check on this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGPQVCuO7xE - 1:29

So, it wouldn't worth anything now.
Edited by AkUriel#1501 on 9/20/2012 6:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
If you stack mf gear and are reasonably competent in the AH, you can make at least two million an hour farming act 1. I believe you could do quite a bit better than that, but have not tracked it out and I end up giving away a lot of good items to friends.

Paragon levels are practically worthless and so is farming for one item to try to help you achieve more paragon. The paragon system is a failure, it does nothing.
Reply Quote
I will farm just later today, then if I don't get the ring, I will go back to do my own stuff and eventually buy the ring.
Edited by AkUriel#1501 on 9/21/2012 2:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
-For the exp bonus

-Why do you want an exp bonus?
-To gain paragon levels fast

-So I can have a lot of MF

-To find good sh*t

-Because I need Leoric's Signet

Jijin version:

-So I can sell it for a !@#$load of gold

-Why do you want a %^-*load of gold?
-To equip my many characters, and to have the resources for crafting high level gems and making an even larger !@#$load of gold.

-lolwut

-Ar U crazy u fukin retard noooooob?
-Nope, interesting builds are fun to play in inferno; shiny big numbers after my character name, somewhat less so. Wish Lvl160 wasn't in the game, so more people would try to advance different classes/builds rather than trying for the highest number with a single char.

-I prefer GF, which wastes less of my time trying to sell %^-* that I would never buy but somehow convince myself that tons of other people will drool over. Meanwhile, I use the AH intelligently and profit.

-Because I'm !@#$faced right now, and farming in Normal is a good way not to die when you're HCWI.
Reply Quote
Wow, you are a hero of heroes. Congrats on the find. It makes me want to go farming act 2 normal lol
Reply Quote
Ok, I officially give up:

Total hours: 15 hours
Total legendaries: 7, no ring TT

Back to inferno.
Edited by AkUriel#1501 on 9/21/2012 12:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
2 weeks spent doing 3 to 4 runs a day. 5 legendaries no Leoric's Signet yet.
Reply Quote
sry didn't read whole thing... but why can't you make 20mil farming 24 hrs? i was doin 6-8 hrs a day with my monk and making over 10mil each day... and i didn't even consider myself to be getting all that lucky. you can make 20mil with just one lucky drop lol, I'd much rather just buy a signet than farm for one.

Not to mention farming for one specific legendary in normal has got to be INCREDIBLY boring lol, i mean farming rares in inferno gets boring but i couldn't even imagine looking for a signet =p
Edited by FlamSanagan#1531 on 9/27/2012 1:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I've been farming for Leoric's Signet ring for a couple of weeks now when someone told me about the experience gain of the ring. I was told that I was crazy to waste time farming for it when I could be farming act 3 for better stuff. My persistance paid off tonight. After 2 hours and 52 minutes of farming tonight, I found my ring! +33 dex, 23% bonus exp. Not the right stat for my Wizard, but no biggie. Here's what I had when I found it:

375% MF with 5 stacks. It dropped in The Forgotten Ruins in Dahlgur Oasis. I have researched and read every post on the forums, watched every YouTube video and my opinion is most of them are dropped in Dahlgur Oasis and within its caves / dungeons. My runs tonight which consisted of 2 runs, yielded (2) Magefist gloves and Sin Seekers quiver. The ring was the 4th legendary drop tonight. A personal best for me. I haven't gotten 4 legendarys in 3 hours time ever. Total time spent farming the ring was about 20 - 30 hours within 2 weeks time.

My recommendation is to start at the Black Soulstone quest. I port to The Desolate Sands, get my 5 stacks, do all the dungeons within that area. Then I kill Zhoultan Kule, then I port to Dahlgur Oasis and kill everything and do all the dungeons and kill everything. I also noticed that most of my legendary's dropped tonight by letting elite packs hit me. I have over 500dmg for thorns and 3 out of the 4 legendary's dropped without me striking the monsters. The ring however dropped off a bunch of skeletons when I used Blizzard spell on the whole pack. Hope this info helps anyone else trying to farm for the ring
Reply Quote
GUESS WHAT GUYS??? FINALLY FOUND IT!!! AND I'M NOT KIDDING! I FOUND TWO IN ONE RUN!!! YES TWO IN ONE RUN after 2 1/2 WEEKS of 4 hours a day farming it!! Ones a +STR with 28% and the Other was 23% +INT.

Ive been farming by starting in VoA for my +5 NV

ALL I've been doing is Sewers/Cistern/Dahglar Oasis (ALL OF IT)
SOME people have said DO NOT DO the caves or the bunkers in Oasis THIS FIND TONIGHT I TELL YOU DO IT ALL!

My first ring dropped with +5 NV and i have 374% Magic Find with my Templar lol. Anyways the first ring dropped in the Cistern off of an ELITE BUG PACK. and I'm not kidding i was EXTATIC!!! this was the 28% ring and i was so happy I almost left the game but I thought why not finish this awesome run after doing hundreds of these! SO i continue and do the sewer....NOTHING....Half the Oasis NOTHING...I end up finding my 2nd ring in the FISHERMAN'S HIDEOUT or whatever you want to call it...its that cellar door place that doesn't spawn on all the maps...ANYWAYS it dropped in there off an ELITE SERPENT SNAKE PACK with the same +5 and 374% MF! MY LUCK FINALLY HAS ARRIVED!!!

NOT KIDDING TWO RINGS IN ONE RUN!!! I AM A HAPPY PLAYER AFTER ALMOST 2 MONTHS OF NOTHING GOOD FINALLY SOME EXCITEMENT!! GOOD LUCK ALL.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]