Diablo® III

1.0.5 is a HUGE buff... Not a nerf...

09/16/2012 08:03 AMPosted by dannyboi
im doing over 400k no amount of life leech is saving me from RF

That's your problem.

Reflect Damage is there as a counter to make sure you don't reach such high numbers.

Stack Life Per Second and DPS slower. That's your sacrifice for having such high DPS.
Since no one will care about the old inferno modes once 1.05 hits try to spin this as a buff by not having the monsters hit for 25% less in the new Monster Power mode and tell us it is a buff.

Oh yeah because it is not a buff but a nerf.

You're not making any sense...

The reduced monster damage is the reason that this is a buff.

Those with lower mitigation actually have more to gain from this patch than those at the max.

That is good and all. But if you use prismatic armor before patch 1.04 and not using it in patch 1.05 you'll get like 37% more damage taken.

I dont' see how that helps. Everyone still is going to use prismatic armor and warcry. Maybe some people will switch out the rune or whatever. But most like people won't and will still use the same ability.

Monster damage is also reduced by 25%...

There will not be reduced monster damage in the new monster power modes that they are releasing. There is only reduced damage in the old inferno modes no one will play after 1.05 is released.
09/16/2012 08:00 AMPosted by Drothvader
Gloom was essentially our only defense against reflect damage mobs.

As opposed to Life on Hit?

That's what it's there for.

Our LOH coefficients don't work nearly as well as they do for melee. Melee tend to have frequent, rapid attacks that really benefit from LOH. We have more singled out attacks that do high damage, which makes LOH far less effective. Oh and with 1.0.4 all of our attacks with a decent LOH multiplier got nerfed into the ground. Look at the top rankings on d3 progress. Look at how many melee invest in LOH compared to range. Exactly. It doesn't work the same for ranged.

And even if you tell me to invest in LOH and it is actually worthwhile, thats a huge amount of other stats that Im giving up just to use LOH. Which overall, will yet again, resolve in a nerf.

Oh, and the 39% survivability nerf and 25% Lifeleech nerf. Which you ignored my points about in the previous post, probably cause you realize how big of a nerf it really is.

You can't be nerfed in somethign that does not exist.

of course you can. This nerf is a way to reduce the scaling of All resist and Armor for the new modes. It is nothing more than a nerf of those stats by using the defensive skills that adjust them.

Lets just pretend what you say is true.

Now lets pretend they decided not to touch anyting to the defencive skills like they plan to (everything in 1.05 is exactly like 1.04) and just implement the new difficulty.

The result? They made the enemies as strong as they were going to be if they did make those changes to defensive skills and stats. This is of course relative.

The point is, no matter waht they do, the new non existant difficulty is as hard as it would have been no matter what they decide to do to change your stats around because they can adjust anyting and everything to any set of rules currently in play.
Edited by Glassfist#1820 on 9/16/2012 8:09 AM PDT
Its a big nerf to gloom users.

This topic fails.
Edited by Rhetorical#1820 on 9/16/2012 8:09 AM PDT
09/16/2012 08:06 AMPosted by Drothvader

That's your problem.

Reflect Damage is there as a counter to make sure you don't reach such high numbers.

Stack Life Per Second and DPS slower. That's your sacrifice for having such high DPS.

did you just tell us to regear AGAIN?
not sure if serious....
Referring to Players X:

So when I type in(or however it will work) say....Players 6, what exactly will get buffed/nerfed?

Will this be only increasing Dmg? or will it be an Increase of Dmg, Hp, Exp gain, and The Spawn Density of mobs?

Will this also increase their Def?

Personally, I'd like to see an increase in Spawn Density or at least a better spreading of monsters. Instead of just a few packs of 5-8 trash mobs would this increase the number to something like a BUNCH of 15-25 trash mobs? And a better spreading of packs?

Possibly halve the Hp of white monsters if they increase the spawn rate/density?

~Regards
A Rampant AI~

Edit: To clarify about Spawn density, what I mean is I want to see something like the Moo Moo Farm. Tons and tons of monsters that just get mowed down(you know that OP felling) while keeping enough monsters about that you don't faceroll through them ALL in 5 seconds
Edited by ShadowStarr5#1189 on 9/16/2012 8:10 AM PDT
Easy to see where you got your MVP status.

First of all, that will only apply if all damage taken is reduced by 25%, monsters, traps, affixes etc. ALL of it. You think that will happen, I dont.

Secondly and even more important, it all depends on all your other stats. (and wich class we are talking about right now).
09/16/2012 08:07 AMPosted by Ariktu
There will not be reduced monster damage in the new monster power modes that they are releasing. There is only reduced damage in the old inferno modes no one will play after 1.05 is released.

What are you talking about?

The Monster Power mode is basically just giving the monsters the health that they would have in a coop game.

If there's a 25% nerf across the board in damage, then there's a 25% nerf across the board in damage.

Monsters won't deal more damage, they'll just have more health.
Since no one will care about the old inferno modes once 1.05 hits try to spin this as a buff by not having the monsters hit for 25% less in the new Monster Power mode and tell us it is a buff.

Oh yeah because it is not a buff but a nerf.

You're not making any sense...

The reduced monster damage is the reason that this is a buff.

Those with lower mitigation actually have more to gain from this patch than those at the max.

That is good and all. But if you use prismatic armor before patch 1.04 and not using it in patch 1.05 you'll get like 37% more damage taken.

I dont' see how that helps. Everyone still is going to use prismatic armor and warcry. Maybe some people will switch out the rune or whatever. But most like people won't and will still use the same ability.

Monster damage is also reduced by 25%...

I did the calcuation before and after. So did someone else. We factor in the 25% damage reduce. If you use prismatic armor in patch 1.04 and don't in 1.05 facotr in the 25% damage reduce you'll be taking 37% more damage. Everyone still going to use the skill. I don't see how that help build diversity. It make it "a bit" less appealing but most likely everyone still using it.

That's your problem.

How many times does it take to hammer this into your head?

Yes, we can take more defensive stats. We can take more defensive passives and skills. However, anyway you spin it, WE HAVE TO MAKE UP FOR OUR 39% SURVIVABILITY NERF AND 25% LL NERF SOMEWHERE ELSE.

Yes, we'll probably still manage, but anyway you slice it, ITS STILL A NERF. We have to lose offensive output to match the defensive output we have in 1.0.4. ITS A NERF.
Edited by Tagg#1253 on 9/16/2012 8:13 AM PDT
Our LOH coefficients don't work nearly as well as they do for melee. Melee tend to have frequent, rapid attacks that really benefit from LOH. We have more singled out attacks that do high damage, which makes LOH far less effective. Oh and with 1.0.4 all of our attacks with a decent LOH multiplier got nerfed into the ground. Look at the top rankings on d3 progress. Look at how many melee invest in LOH compared to range. Exactly. It doesn't work the same for ranged.

And even if you tell me to invest in LOH and it is actually worthwhile, thats a huge amount of other stats that Im giving up just to use LOH. Which overall, will yet again, resolve in a nerf.

Oh, and the 39% survivability nerf and 25% Lifeleech nerf. Which you ignored my points about in the previous post, probably cause you realize how big of a nerf it really is.

Switch to a Bow(fast) with LoH on reflect mobs?

Also who said they weren't tying the resist/defense buff into a passive you already have?

Also who said they weren't tying the resist/defense buff into a passive you already have?

Refer to my above post.
Easy to see where you got your MVP status.

First of all, that will only apply if all damage taken is reduced by 25%, monsters, traps, affixes etc. ALL of it. You think that will happen, I dont.

Secondly and even more important, it all depends on all your other stats. (and wich class we are talking about right now).

As it happens, we’re going to reduce all damage in Inferno by at least 25%.

ALL DAMAGE meaning ALL DAMAGE

Please read the blog in its entirety.

did you just tell us to regear AGAIN?
not sure if serious....

It's not my fault that you've ignored game mechanics in favor of a single skill that's supposed to save you.

Just DPS slower when it's a reflect pack and give yourself time to regenerate health.
Thanks for explaining the completely obvious. No need to make an in depth analysis it says directly in the dev blog "THIS IS NOT A NERF", it's a buff.

Refer to my above post.

Refer to my second sentence.

Let's say you're right, reflect damage is the counter to too much damage and not enough armor.

Then the equivalent to too much armor and not enough damage must be elite enrage. We all know that got removed.

So, tell me, when are they reimplementing enrage timer or removing reflect damage?

of course you can. This nerf is a way to reduce the scaling of All resist and Armor for the new modes. It is nothing more than a nerf of those stats by using the defensive skills that adjust them.

Lets just pretend what you say is true.

Now lets pretend they decided not to touch anyting to the defencive skills like they plan to (everything in 1.05 is exactly like 1.04) and just implement the new difficulty.

The result? They made the enemies as strong as they were going to be if they did make those changes to defensive skills and stats. This is of course relative.

The point is, no matter waht they do, the new non existant difficulty is as hard as it would have been no matter what they decide to do to change your stats around.

However since I would get 150 All resist for every 100 points of all resist I buy on my gear it allows me to mitigate more incoming damage than I will be able to now that I only get 120 all resist for the 100 I buy.

If this was only about buffing classes they would simply reduce incoming damage so that people felt safer about dropping Warcry impunity for example.

They want to reduce the value of All resist while also pushing people away from these Defensive stats. So they did a nerf on the scaling of the stats and reduced damage.

Just DPS slower when it's a reflect pack and give yourself time to regenerate health.

So how exactly is that not a nerf. We didn't have to do it in 1.0.4, we have to do it in 1.0.5. Its a nerf. We can manage, but it's still a nerf.

Hey, congratulations. You now have 3 pets that can tank for you!

• We are adjusting some runes and passives to provide ways to increase survivability that scales with your Life, Armor, and resistances.
  • We are changing the Spider, Boar, and Wolf companion pets to be actual pets that can tank for you like a Gargantuan or Zombie Dog.
  • We are putting a short cooldown on Sentry, but you can have two out simultaneously. On top of that, the Custom Engineering passive will let you have a third Sentry turret! This opens up a whole new play style for the Demon Hunter of establishing a "nest" that you can draw enemies into.

I guess you forgot to read that part.

DH have a chronic discipline problem and the "implicit" suggestion of using pets or sentries shows little thought put into compensating the gloom nerf. Gloom + pets/sentries is going to be unsustainable.

Don't forget, the companion choice is already a rune so I doubt much change can be done like the WD pets where each pet has their runes. For sentries, not much to say. Every encounter requires a recast unless Blizzard decides sentries can start moving around.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]