Diablo® III

1.0.5 is a HUGE buff... Not a nerf...

09/16/2012 08:34 AMPosted by Drothvader

Except you are only speculating how reflect damage will be configured

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7155884/Dev_Journal_Defensive_Bonuses_and_Monster_Damage-9_14_2012

As it happens, we’re going to reduce all damage in Inferno by at least 25%.

reduce all damage in Inferno by at least 25%.

all damage

Completely explained in 2 simple words.

ALL DAMAGE.

Still curious as to what happens when we find out that bosses in Infernal Machine hit 50% harder or for each difficulty setting in Players 8, monsters gain 10% damage. Then all of a sudden, we're looking at a nerf, right? Blizzard would have been better off leaving the damage mitigation as it is so that they already have done tons and tons of testing and could adjust enemy damage appropriately. Instead, we're looking at a new system and the numbers aren't going to be right since they haven't tested this enough yet. We'll end up with another patch where the game just feels off and we'll have to wait weeks for it to be nerfed/buffed appropriately.
09/16/2012 08:33 AMPosted by k0re
Reflected player damage is monster damage that takes into account player damage.

This is not a relevant observation. As I understand it, the damage value is determined by player damage. The reflect percentage itself is not damage. It's "player takes %playerdamage on hit". This percentage does not exceed 100% (as far as I know).

it is very relevant.

For example.

If a monster reflect 20% ("player takes %player damage on hit" aka the monster daamge that takes into account player damage) player damage, and you attack for 100,000 you take 20,000 damage.

Reduce that to 10% you take half the damage.

Reduce
the new gloom means u die faster only. lol
Mr Mvp, the whole point of this thread is build diversity right?

You read me wrong. I said if I "don't use" prismatic armor in patch 1.05 I'll be taking 37% more damage compare to patch 1.04.

So why would I drop prismatic armor? The whole point is making me wanting to drop prismatic armor which I dont' think I will.

Evern if they nerf gloom. Why would I drop gloom which without it most DH will be a dead DH against reflect mob.

The whole point is making me drop the skill which I won't be dropping even if you nerf it.
MVP
View profile
Using your formula.

- New Mitigation -

Armor DR = 4050 / [4050+(50*63)] =56%- Less mitigation.
Resist DR = 375 / [375+(5*63)] = 54%- Less mitigation.
Total = 1 - [(1-.56)*(1-.54)] = 79.76%- less mitigation.
Old Inc Damage = 70000- moved up an act
Mitigated Damage = 14168 Incoming Damage- Higher than previously taking in Act 1

Now lets say you move into a new zone. So you were farming act 1 and decide to move to Act 4 farming. In act 4 the damage is higher. So lets say you are now being hit for the same amount as you were in Act 1 prenerf.

As you can see I am now taking more incoming damage.

Now tell me how much more All resisit or Armor I need to mitigate the same amount of damage?

Oh yeah it is now way more than I need in 1.04 because I get less value to every point I buy then I did before.

So it is nerf.

/facedesk

Of course it's less mitigation. HOWEVER, if a monster deals 70,000 damage it will now deal 52,500 damage.

If the monster deals 30,000 damage it will now deal 22500.

Here, want me to adjust the values for you?

70,000 Incoming Damage.

http://i.imgur.com/5GX1X.png

50,000 Incoming Damage.

http://i.imgur.com/x3XjR.png

30,000 Incoming Damage

http://i.imgur.com/D5HsB.png

10,000 Incoming Damage.

http://i.imgur.com/KsU6N.png

So yet again, your math is flawed.

A 25% Nerf to Inferno ACROSS THE BOARD is still a complete nerf ACROSS THE BOARD.

If you're going to argue the point, at least be right.
life steal, 3500 armor, 500 ar - reflect isn't an issue
Two words: Blizz lies

but also,

the devs say one thing
the blues say another
and then
they go full retard and contradict +backpedal themselves several times in one thread:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6470437675
MVP
View profile
09/16/2012 08:38 AMPosted by Hayrich
So Droth, you're saying Monster Power mode, and that new Infernal Machine won't have increased damage? Because if it does, the nerfed defences will be felt acutely.

I don't know what it will or will not have. I'm saying it's not going to affect the nerf to mitigational skills.
09/16/2012 08:44 AMPosted by nekkra
Mr Mvp, the whole point of this thread is build diversity right?

IMO they screwed up build diversity with cooldowns on skills. Remove cooldowns and build diversity goes way up. Heck you might even see wizards actually using time bubble skill

I use it :(
View profile
So Droth...what's your take on the new Infernal Machine they intend to implement.

Do you think it'll just be a series of Act Bosses on steroids(I.e. increased Dmg & Hp only), or do you expect there to be new mechanics added to these *Uber Bosses*.

~Regards
A Rampant AI~
09/16/2012 08:44 AMPosted by Drothvader
So Droth, you're saying Monster Power mode, and that new Infernal Machine won't have increased damage? Because if it does, the nerfed defences will be felt acutely.

I don't know what it will or will not have. I'm saying it's not going to affect the nerf to mitigational skills.

Your one funny guy.

In one post you sais that DH gets pets wich should compensate for the loss of survival. Wich you dont know nothing about. And now you turn 180 about this topic? You are so logically flawed its sad to see :(
A good patch except for the gloom change. Why make the squishiest class even more squishy? Yes I know it lasts two seconds longer but that's not going to help with burst damage. I hope they are planning to make some significant changes to other skills/passives (my vote is for brooding to give an armor bonus) or DH is going to be even more of a joke in HC mode.
09/16/2012 08:44 AMPosted by Drothvader

I don't see how it won't. Even if they had this nerf to mitigation planned for a month, they don't have enough internal testers to get a full statistical analysis on what this change is going to cause. They could have balanced the new modes around this change but even then, it is going to be shipped with issues and we're stuck with just having to deal with them until they get fixed.
MVP
View profile
09/16/2012 08:37 AMPosted by Kade
How much more do you get hit for percent wise if you don't take prismatic right now? more I'm guessing... The point is that taking an offensive skill over a defensive will be less punishment in 1.05

The answer is simple. You'll take 25% less damage come 1.0.5.

As for the other unbuffed armor amounts, please refer to the survivability column on the table provided. That will be the new damage reduction value.
Reflect damage should not be nerfed. You still need something to challenge the glass cannons.
MVP
View profile
09/16/2012 08:47 AMPosted by Peter
Reflect damage should not be nerfed. You still need something to challenge the glass cannons.

Reflect damage is a big problem for melee as well. It needs to be nerfed.
Using your formula.

- New Mitigation -

Armor DR = 4050 / [4050+(50*63)] =56%- Less mitigation.
Resist DR = 375 / [375+(5*63)] = 54%- Less mitigation.
Total = 1 - [(1-.56)*(1-.54)] = 79.76%- less mitigation.
Old Inc Damage = 70000- moved up an act
Mitigated Damage = 14168 Incoming Damage- Higher than previously taking in Act 1

Now lets say you move into a new zone. So you were farming act 1 and decide to move to Act 4 farming. In act 4 the damage is higher. So lets say you are now being hit for the same amount as you were in Act 1 prenerf.

As you can see I am now taking more incoming damage.

Now tell me how much more All resisit or Armor I need to mitigate the same amount of damage?

Oh yeah it is now way more than I need in 1.04 because I get less value to every point I buy then I did before.

So it is nerf.

/facedesk

Of course it's less mitigation. HOWEVER, if a monster deals 70,000 damage it will now deal 52,500 damage.

If the monster deals 30,000 damage it will now deal 22500.

Here, want me to adjust the values for you?

70,000 Incoming Damage.

http://i.imgur.com/5GX1X.png

50,000 Incoming Damage.

http://i.imgur.com/x3XjR.png

30,000 Incoming Damage

http://i.imgur.com/D5HsB.png

10,000 Incoming Damage.

http://i.imgur.com/KsU6N.png

So yet again, your math is flawed.

A 25% Nerf to Inferno ACROSS THE BOARD is still a complete nerf ACROSS THE BOARD.

If you're going to argue the point, at least be right.

Obviously you are not listening to what I am saying so I guess why bother continuing.

Since I am going to move on if 1.05 hits with the nerfs they have mentioned it is a waste of time.

I had hoped that if enough people complained Blizzard would leave the defensive skills unnerfed and reduce the use of them by simply reducing incoming damage alone.

Oh well. I hope everyone enjoys the new game.
09/16/2012 08:46 AMPosted by Thominator
A good patch except for the gloom change. Why make the squishiest class even more squishy? Yes I know it lasts two seconds longer but that's not going to help with burst damage. I hope they are planning to make some significant changes to other skills/passives (my vote is for brooding to give an armor bonus) or DH is going to be even more of a joke in HC mode.

The other suggestion would be to make Night Stalker to give more discipline recovery and Blizzard needs to specify the % proc.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]