Diablo® III

any other regen monks out there?

View profile
hello!

wondering if there are any life regen monks out there? how are you going at act 3 and 4?

i've got act 2 on easy mode farm now, but still die a bit in act 3. got stuck at the ghom wall - admittedly, i haven't tried to kill him more than half a dozen times - so went back to a2 farming for now.

any advice on your experiences? should i combine my gear with a lifesteal/loh weap to help? or what regen amount and resistances should i be ultimately aiming for?

thank you!
Reply Quote
Look at my monk.

400,000 Effective Life Per Second

Have a good day.
Reply Quote
I went with around 1000 regen, around 600 LOH and around 2.5% LS. Seems to do the job quite nicely, gear dependent etc of course.
Reply Quote
I started to feel real tanky with 950 resists, 6000 armor 800-1000 LOH and 2500 regen in act 3 a while back. Grab a Vile Ward while you are at it they are perfect for the life regen builds.
Reply Quote
Yeh im building a regen monk atm aiming for 2.2k regen at least 900 all rresis with one with everything and keeping my life under 25k but i also want to add around 1k life on hit so i essentially wont die.

spending it up atm got another 10 mill buyign gear atm
Reply Quote
Look at my monk.

Have a good day.

awesome build ..well played

i'd offer you the pants on mine ..but you'd be giving up armor..but you'd gain a few more resist and some vitality..if you want them . no charge..
Edited by VI6SIX#1833 on 9/16/2012 5:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
i laugh so hard at your monk//..... wtff is that ??? you cant kill a single monster in act 2, 3 i guess.... but lollll
Reply Quote
09/16/2012 05:46 PMPosted by NoKi
i laugh so hard at your monk//..... wtff is that ??? you cant kill a single monster in act 2, 3 i guess.... but lollll

I guess you mean mine..since I don't play monk and only use it as storage ..hence the name . laugh away I guess .

I have regen pants leftover from my original build with all resist . last I checked thats not a bad thing for these particular builds .
Reply Quote
I have 3200 hp regen/sec (with mantra) and do 31k dps. I'm more offensive than def, and use the hp regen to heal while I kite. I finished a2 inferno and suspect that a3 will give me problems.
Edited by CarnalCharm#1308 on 9/16/2012 7:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
@OP: You have more than enough DPS to beat Ghom. The fight is all about how you move and attack. If you do it right, it's easy once you get about 18K DPS and some boost (Sweeping Wind, Overawe, Faith in the Light, etc.) to nudge you over the top. Try again, and you'll be fine. Search the forums for how to beat him.
Reply Quote
@OP: Im at 1052 LPS, 704 LOH, 578 res, and I have no problems in A3 what so ever, like Vrkhyz said, with Ghom its play style more then anything. I do die from time to time with difficult affixes, mostly molten/desecration with frozen, all just depends on if im rushing or not.
Reply Quote
Look at my monk.

Have a good day.

awesome build ..well played

i'd offer you the pants on mine ..but you'd be giving up armor..but you'd gain a few more resist and some vitality..if you want them . no charge..

No thanks, I have more armor, more regen, and more resists on mine. (One With Everything, remember?)
The extra dexterity won't make STI make me more tanky either, and vitality is useless if my HP never decreases below 90%.
But thanks for the offer. ;)
Edited by Ultimatum#1351 on 9/16/2012 8:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I envy monk players . I did my best with a good build and had about 800 all resist and about 45 to 50 k dps ..and about 1600 loh but I felt like I was getting trapped in packs of hoards . with my barb i could escape or just destroy with loh keeping them at bay .

My monk even with regen perks and loh it just didn't seem enough stacked against molten or stacked poison pools
I mean so many different ways to die quick ..wallers and arcane .

once Act 3 showed me who's boss I missed my barb .

I'll go back to farming siegebreaker fields and get my 245 kill streaks runs with my crappy barb
Reply Quote
I envy monk players . I did my best with a good build and had about 800 all resist and about 45 to 50 k dps ..and about 1600 loh but I felt like I was getting trapped in packs of hoards . with my barb i could escape or just destroy with loh keeping them at bay .

My monk even with regen perks and loh it just didn't seem enough stacked against molten or stacked poison pools
I mean so many different ways to die quick ..wallers and arcane .

once Act 3 showed me who's boss I missed my barb .

I'll go back to farming siegebreaker fields and get my 245 kill streaks runs with my crappy barb

lol. even while playing around with a tailwind build, I still can't keep up with barbs who have gear that cost 50% less than my own. It's absolutely nuts how a fury spender is turned into a massive fury generator. I'll be rolling up a barb soon though. If you can't beat em, join em.
Reply Quote
View profile
@ infinity

how are you killing anything with that DPS???

i still wanna do damage...

i have a nice sky splitter too with 580 dps, but find the won khim lau gives better results, even though the splitter gives a higher sheet dps...
Edited by MrMojoRisin#6850 on 9/17/2012 2:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
How do you guys lie my regen monk coming along? Only 2 slots need work on are one of my rings without ias and my chest im looking for 500+ regen added on top of my current chest stats?
Reply Quote
View profile
@ doorknob

i DESPERATELY want a vile ward, but don't have the gold - i've actually never had that much all at one time! and i don't use RMAH...

i will keep saving and scrounging. hopefully someday...
Reply Quote
View profile
@ Taross,

you're coming along! nice shoulders and belt especially.
Reply Quote
@mr cheers for giving the idea of using time of need moh love it man 950 all resis and 2.2k regen i am so tanky its crazy esp with my 1k loh

love it man!still got 30k dps so i melt packs
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]