Diablo® III

average player group...we need a group too

I have an interest in forming a group of just average to below average DH players...no godly or semi-godly players unless you want to honestly mentor us in a nice way...all this technical stuff confuses me right now but maybe we can learn slowly from each other...glass builds welcome...average game players welcome...we can swap gear...trade...sell at very cheap rates...if someone dies often we help them get better...we wait for them...we move in game as a group...we all get to lead a group from time to time...maybe we can't start by farming act 3-4...so what...we start with act 1-2...I don't have any items with a perfect roll...what I have I have bought...some from ah and some from my very nice friends...I am an older player...all age groups are welcome as long as you are respectful and mind your manners...let me know if there is any interest...my goal is to someday know what you godly players are talking about...BTW if a godly player truly wants to help us it would be awesome...Jerry
Reply Quote
Logged on specifically just to reply - this is an awesome idea.

I am an older player too, and not as dexterous as I used to be. I play for fun, and am genuinely thrilled when I get any drops, regardless of roll. It's always hilarious reading people in trade chat talking about finding "5 Legendaries and 1 Set item, but they all sucked". Shoot, if I found one Legendary and it rolled horribly I'd still consider it a successful farm.

I'm totally in. I try to play in between 50 hour work weeks, taking my daughter to school/helping with homework, and appeasing the wife (i.e.-sharing this computer with her for when she plays Sims 3. Ha.) It's funny how the dynamic has changed playing this game - when it was Diablo 2, it was finishing your coursework fast enough so you could farm all night until you had to get ready for your 8am Physics class. Now, with a mortgage to pay, bills, and being a 'grown-up', it's been hard to farm and become "godlike".

Sure is fun trying though.
Edited by brian#1281 on 9/17/2012 9:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
public servers?
Reply Quote
I'm in. 40+ year old father of two so I know what it's like to not be hardcore.
Edited by DoctorScott#1345 on 9/17/2012 9:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm just some other normal DH player out there using own build. I don't really have much time to play as I myself have many other games to play too but will make time for D3 too.

Yup pass Act 1 with few death. Add me if you like(<Profiles with full detail)

Anyway here's my special build in video form. Not to show off but to share.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zF1kX8_4De0&feature=plcp
Reply Quote
This is a really good idea. I would definitely consider my build "average" and I'm pretty envious of some of the stats I see in your profiles so far.
Reply Quote
It sounds like a good idea. It would be nice to try and trade good DH items without all the Howard Cosell's out there telling you to vendor it. Would like to try co op. So far only solo and half way thru act 3. And by the way, I'm over 50 and still enjoying the games.
Reply Quote
Half way through Act III? I can't kill Inferno Belial. Almost threw my computer on the floor last night. Deep breath - walk away.
Reply Quote
Haha...., I love the second post sounds like me!
Reply Quote
im in
Reply Quote
Add me to your group (friends list) and I'll help. My DH may not be godly, but he can farm all 4 acts, so I don't mind helping with builds, or taking out packs, etc.

And I'm a full-time teacher, so I also value what time I can spare for this game.
Reply Quote
we are simpatico sir...I am a 63yo dentist...divorced with no kids and actually play quite a bit...but just for fun...your in of course...hope to play with you soon...Jerry
Reply Quote
sorry...do not know what you mean...
Reply Quote
many thanks everyone for your interest...we will have a lot of fun...all of us middle class folks stand together...I hope Blizzard gets the message that the game has to be fun for everyone...not just the elites...I have all 5 characters to lvl 60 and played well over 500 hours and have found 3 legendaries...all no help to anybody...and have not found 1 set item and they say it is mostly all random...if that's true I hope I am not bad luck to the group...LOL...hope to meet everyone in game soon...cheers...Jerry
Reply Quote
09/17/2012 10:39 AMPosted by JEDROME
many thanks everyone for your interest...we will have a lot of fun...all of us middle class folks stand together...I hope Blizzard gets the message that the game has to be fun for everyone...not just the elites...I have all 5 characters to lvl 60 and played well over 500 hours and have found 3 legendaries...all no help to anybody...and have not found 1 set item and they say it is mostly all random...if that's true I hope I am not bad luck to the group...LOL...hope to meet everyone in game soon...cheers...Jerry

I'm quite young though... 18? :l
But I don't mind to be with big daddies. Maybe I can be a great father in 10 years down the road. :D
Reply Quote
This is great. I can tell we're all going to have lots of fun.

Highlights from the thread so far: (in my humble opinion, of course)

- Realizing I'm not the only old guy on here. With the Trade channels rife with "LOL, y no socket?" or "umadbro!?" I felt like a Gran Torino'd Eastwood.

- DoctorScott mentioning potential abuse of his computer. My laptop cringes everytime I look at it.

- Probably my favorite since I can connect with the situation; Down mentioning the fact that unless you post a 1 billion dollar item, the default reaction the majority of the time is "n00b, vendor that!" The Howard Cosell reference almost made me fall out of my chair.

Good stuff Jerry. You've started a revolution.
Reply Quote
This is a great idea. I'm interested even though my play hours are disturbingly high. I have decent gear on my DH, but the squishyness makes it tedious to do the later Acts so I'm mainly grinding Act 1 and Act 2. I can help with most bosses, but I'm basically looking for groups where I can actually play my DH without having to worry about slowing people down.
Reply Quote
I think this is also a good idea, while not quite in my 40's (i'm 26) i have a 10 month old baby so I find that I don't have a lot of time to invest to make my chars godly, that being said I am pretty capable and would like to help and play with a few people who don't take this game so seriously... it is a game after all not a job and I like to take it easy and enjoy the game... anyone can feel free to add me in game
Reply Quote
Doc, have you tried swapping steady aim for sharpshooter to kill Belial? And if it helps, when dodging the "bombs" run to where they just happened and not to where it is clear, if that makes sense. I nearly quit after dying too many times trying to kill him.
Reply Quote
For Belial, I've found Cluster Bomb to be better since it does more damage than Impale and you don't have to shoot as many times. This allows you to concentrate more on when to dodge or hit smokescreen. Although having Cluster Bomb does make the serpent phases harder.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]