Diablo® III

Dont switch games, TL2 was hype

90 Blood Elf Paladin
TL2 is for people that want to punch a loot pinata. That is about all it has going for it. The devs of TL2 even said as much. They didnt really do much to the game because they expect people to hack the crap out of it and make thier own mods. I guess some people like that.
Reply Quote
09/21/2012 01:52 PMPosted by Ringo
Why would anyone "switch games". One time purchase and you can play it whenever you want.

also confused . . . ppl talk about uninstalling games . . . i have no idea why they do this

i've kept all the consoles that still work / have old computers without any internet, just so from time to time i can revisit the games

you're not committed to it; what switching?
Reply Quote
I have the utmost respect for the original Diablo developers, but I can tell just from the cartoony graphics/UI that TL2 isnt worth the time

What annoys me is they even got genius Matt Uelmen to write the soundtrack for them... Please bring Matt back for D3 expansion, I want his music in this game

D3 gameplay is just years ahead of everything else in the genre... Loot is bad? Np, can easily be fixed... But the CORE mechanics? Youd have to rewrite pretty much everything, so its not happening

That is why D3 will rule supreme over the next couple years, it has unbelievable potential and I am confident it will surpass D2 at some point, just like D2 was worse than D1 at launch and eventually surpassed it

Stick around and you will be rewarded
Reply Quote
View profile
Same here, while playing it i was actually thinking I'd rather be playing Diablo.
Reply Quote
TL1 wasn't good so I already knew TL2 wasn't gonna be much better. Same can be said for bl2.
Edited by Awakened#2156 on 9/21/2012 2:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
there's a demo to try out before buying
Reply Quote
09/21/2012 01:21 PMPosted by Diosys
per se,

Who you calling a per se?

I happy getting T1 with my order of T2. I haven't even played T2 yet, and I'm happy with my purchase. Only bad of T1 is it singleplayer only, so lot of replayability gone there.

$20 for 2 games, or $60 for an unfinished game?

Though I would have been happier with my D3 purchase if it had RMAH in HC. The biggest game feature of the game, yet they exlude it from the best game mode. Boo.
Reply Quote
D3 has very polished graphics, very good sound editting, and more polished in terms of appearance of a game.. TL2 may not have the nest graphics or sound editing, but the loot is better, there is no AH required, which i thought its a big plus...i mean both are fun, but so far TL2 is less tiring and more fun...while i like D3 but after awhile i feel the fun factor just get suck out of the game because almost everything i picked up is garbo...with TL2, I can farm my upgrades while i play...I like both i cant really say one is better than the other...but i thing i do like is the pet system in TL2, and fishing...thats fun
Reply Quote
I have only played a few hours of TL2 so far, so its not really fair to compare it to D3 as i enjoyed D3 right up to inferno when i realized i had to farm for the rest of my life.

But my first level up in TL2 bought joy as i assigned my stats, chose my skill upgardes and carries on. Tl2 also has better traps, puzzles and oddball unique happenings (a chest i opened, instead of bringing forth loot, stood up, bared its teeth and chased me around the room until it got bored and ran off).
Its a breath of fresh air, but whether it has any staying power is a question you have to ask after 50+ hours of play.
Reply Quote
09/21/2012 01:21 PMPosted by Diosys
I can tell you 5 hours into the game, in the middle of Act 2, that there is nothing greener over that hill.

I guess you haven't made it to the mapworks challenges yet?

Your opinion then is about as valid as those who say D3 is bad and never played it past normal.
Reply Quote
For those going 20 bucks isnt a huge investment. I am a university student. I have a very limited amount of money that I can spend on games now, especially since im paying for net/cable/food/rent/tuition.

For me, this was a 2 week decision about buying this over CS:GO that turned out to be a letdown.

The game is just boring. I dont feel like my character is a killing machine. It doesnt resonate the same as when I beat Belial in Diablo 2 the first time, swearing my !@# off for 2 hours because of his poison wells. I beat the first act and wondered why it was so short.

I plan to try and make it to the end of atleast one playthrough, see if anything resonates but being half way through the second act and feeling the need to come here and tell other players who think of playing to not waste their time unless they absolutely hate D3 really illustrates how boring this game is.

If you have the money and the time, try it, you may find a few of the features D3 missed are there, but overall, it just wasnt that game everyone thought it would be.
Reply Quote
09/21/2012 01:58 PMPosted by Amocoru
The only thing D3 beats Torchlight 2 at is graphics. Everything else blows D3 out of the water in a BIG BIG way.

If you're a real fan of loot based dungeon crawlers, which is what the Diablo series is at heart, then that statement is so true.
Reply Quote
09/21/2012 02:35 PMPosted by CalmStorm
I can tell you 5 hours into the game, in the middle of Act 2, that there is nothing greener over that hill.

I guess you haven't made it to the mapworks challenges yet?

Your opinion then is about as valid as those who say D3 is bad and never played it past normal.

But Diablo 3 kept my interest, that os the problem. Is it really a bad attitude to be into the second act and not feel like playing the game? You arte saying my opinion doesnt matter, but thats the problem, isnt it? If the game doesnt even motivate me to play some more, is it actually a good game.

Thats the real problem I am having, its not that the game is bad, I actually feel like im playing "more of the same". I do through Act 2 and im thinking "Hey I do the exact same thing in D3 and I already have a fully fleshed out character"

But like I said, I do intend to finish the game, but I dont see it getting any better if I am basically calling the game boring an Act in.

By the way, anyone who said the TL2 bosses were new and exciting, you need your eyes adjusted.
Reply Quote
Don't know why everyone always has to be so one dimensional. While I am extremely disappointed in D3 and really need a break from the grind, can't you drop $20 on another game and play both? I've really enjoyed TL2 so far. It has what I miss most about D2. You can actually get a low level Set or Unique/Legendary.

I think that's one of the biggest shortfalls of D3...all of the Sets/Leggys are high level. No Sigons, Angel Rainements, etc. and low level uniques that make you want to start a new toon/class with a different build.

People are dropping $$ all over Blizz's RMAH for pixelated gear...why not try something different and save the aggravation of the nerfs and patches until they shake things out in Blizz Land?
Reply Quote
43 Night Elf Hunter
same here!! omg i wouldnt say it as gooda s you did since my english is kinda bad

but i bought both game and Diablo 3 is more polished and a few patch has already been set, the legendary are awesome

and today... today was a great day for diablo 3 alot of good announcement

Keys, Organ, Uber Red Portal, PvP Interface, PvP Token...

What was announced today and where?
Reply Quote
Where the hell does this "either or" idea come from?

You do know that legally you are allowed to play more than one game at a time??
Really.

As far as your set being worthless, I had a very different experience with my set. Been using it for the past 3 levels. I will say that I think drop rates for these items are way too high, but there is also a case of comparing apples to oranges. In TL2 the sets are more appropriate to the levels you find them in, and wont become godly until you are way higher level. So, you cannot really compair D3 sets to TL2 sets, D3 sets are more akin to TQIT sets.

I personally feel the OP of this thread had such a bad eperince with TL2 because:
> He felt it was either/or
> He fanbois D3 to the point he cannot enjoy other games
> He admits he fell for hype
> He praises D3 +patches as awsome in comparison to first day TL2 w/o any patches, or constant nerfs.

I was just playing my HC monk and the constant server lag and rubber banding made me want to puke after playing 12 hours of TL2 without any of that crap.

Don't get me wrong, there are a few things I really love about D3, my monk for example. I'm just wise enough to ignore hype, and take each game for what it is rather than fanboy out.

TL;DR --- In the case of OP TL;DR should be "totally lame, don't respond"
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
09/21/2012 02:12 PMPosted by Duckofdeath
TL2 is for people that want to punch a loot pinata. That is about all it has going for it. The devs of TL2 even said as much. They didnt really do much to the game because they expect people to hack the crap out of it and make thier own mods. I guess some people like that.

about most gamers do now days i think your very behind in Gaming
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
oh and 20.00 for a game is rather cheap enjoy your 60.00 or in some dumb losers who pay 129.99 for CE LOL
Reply Quote
Casual gamer here.

Got T2 and find it a lot of fun. You might fault that the graphics aren't on a par with the excellent graphics of D3 but to me gameplay trumps graphics. And the sounds wedded to the strikes and stuff are almost on a par with D3 without all the graphic clutter that D3 has.

Add to that the fact that you don't need an internet connection to play -- so there isn't the stutter (or is it referencing the loot tables that causes the stutter in D3?) and so you actually have a smoother gameplay.

All in all you can't go wrong for the $20.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]