Diablo® III

Dont switch games, TL2 was hype

I can tell you even with the Runic Servers down TL2 had a great release day. Offline mode, thank god. The game is fun. Fast paced + Skill Point Allocation + Itemization + Skill Tree = Fun for me. Still going to play Diablo 3 in hopes that it gets better (slim right now) but will enjoy my TL2 playtime.

Edit: Spelling.
Edited by Detnyj#1212 on 9/21/2012 3:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
The random 3d environments really make TL2 for me, along with many other little details.

Secret rooms, phase challenges, great itemization. I just don't see a reason to play Diablo any more.

This
+5

The randomization in TL2 is great. When I started playing D3 I soon thought, "Randomized levels ?? I don't think this word means what you think it means."

Phase challenges are awsome. I like the secret rooms (aka Wolfenstein) but think they are too "obvious". Oops, shot that vase and found the secret room. And I think the loot in them is a little over the top. But really like that SOMEONE put them back in games.

Another like is D3 random cellars = 1 room, D3 random dungeons might be one or two small levels. TL2 dungeons are spacious.
Reply Quote
Absolutely, no doubt. Character builds have a sense of permanence and personalization. Gear, sockets, and skill decisions all work towards augmenting the character you are "creating." This is oddly, but come to think of it, is entirely lacking in D3.
Reply Quote
TL2's classes' movement speed is about 10-20% faster than my barb using sprint and WOTB. Blizzard doesn't like this? Maybe Blizz wants us to switch? Who knows ...
Reply Quote
I'm downloading TL2 right now, and I'm expecting a lot of fun, more than in D3 for sure. Endless dungeon? awesome!
Reply Quote
Yeah, the game is just nice, the gameplay is really boring comparing to Diablo 3, I'm playing on elite mode and everything does the same thing, every boss, every elite is the same fight, i doubt someone will spend even 100 hours on it.

D3 has some problemas, yes, but its gameplay is so perfect, so polished, the 4 affix elites just crush everything out there.

What?

I have seen mobs that throw spiderbots which crawl and explode when near me.

I have seen mobs that leap and throw daggers in an aoe.

I have seen mobs that teleport, freeze, cast tornadoes, cast fire spells, raise dead, spawn minions.

I have seen mobs that split in to many little mobs on death.

The boss fights are epic.

The 4 affix elites of D3 use the same small subset of abilities...

Man, the bosses of TL2 just keep spawning minnions infinitely trying to make you run ou of potions, and they fail at this, they are ridiculous, the elites are even worse, they only have 1 kind of special attack and it repeats a lot.

Mobs doing some stuff? every game has it.
Reply Quote
09/21/2012 03:47 PMPosted by forterus
I'm downloading TL2 right now, and I'm expecting a lot of fun, more than in D3 for sure. Endless dungeon? awesome!

A friend of mine said they removed it from TL2, but i'm not sure.

Endless dungeon is definetely something D3 is in need.
Reply Quote
09/21/2012 01:44 PMPosted by Buck
pretty clear that you're wrong OP.

What are opinions?
Reply Quote
D3 needs a whole crap load more than an endless dungeon.
Reply Quote
D3 and TL2 are both fine games...but both were very much ALL HYPE at launch..
Reply Quote
09/21/2012 03:38 PMPosted by Neoreturn
I am going to use $20 buy gear in D3

You probably already used $1,000 to buy gear for D3, what's another 20?

The thing I love about TL2 at this point is that, outside of my weapon, my stats aren't being carried by my gear. They're on my character. As a level 30+ my outlander is still wearing a level 4 helm because I think it looks nifty.

The helm has some of the screwy affixes that Blizz puts on the trash drops we get on rares, but because my STR, VIT, INT,and DEX are assigned values on my toon's body I can use the funky affixes to really help my character. Cool beans, 'eh?

BTW, I still play BOTH games because I really like D3's physics... TL2 is just more fun.
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Shaman

What?

I have seen mobs that throw spiderbots which crawl and explode when near me.

I have seen mobs that leap and throw daggers in an aoe.

I have seen mobs that teleport, freeze, cast tornadoes, cast fire spells, raise dead, spawn minions.

I have seen mobs that split in to many little mobs on death.

The boss fights are epic.

The 4 affix elites of D3 use the same small subset of abilities...

Man, the bosses of TL2 just keep spawning minnions infinitely trying to make you run ou of potions, and they fail at this, they are ridiculous, the elites are even worse, they only have 1 kind of special attack and it repeats a lot.

I smell someone who chose 'easy' mode and complains about the ease
Reply Quote

Including D3 ?
Errm. Stronger argument please.
Reply Quote
Diablo 3 was entirely hype, what the hell are you talking about? And we had to pay MORE for this mistake.
Reply Quote
Opinions vary. It is closer to what D3 should have been. D3's only new things were online only play, AH, RMAH, unneeded dialogue for story, and a lackluster skill mechanic. At least with T2 you can play offline if you want to actually earn your gear, not to mention UI mods when they come out. Too soon to say, but I doubt very much there will be 100 nerfs in the first 3 months either.
Reply Quote
09/21/2012 04:14 PMPosted by Cheez
Diablo 3 was entirely hype, what the hell are you talking about? And we had to pay MORE for this mistake.

+1
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Shaman
TL2 did everything I expect from a sequel to a game I liked. Improved upon the systems I enjoyed, or barring that just keep said systems. I don't have high expectations for games, but that's about it. TL2 does this. D3 threw out everything that worked and kept in what doesn't.
Reply Quote
09/21/2012 04:17 PMPosted by Trelanka
TL2 did everything I expect from a sequel to a game I liked. Improved upon the systems I enjoyed, or barring that just keep said systems. I don't have high expectations for games, but that's about it. TL2 does this. D3 threw out everything that worked and kept in what doesn't.

I hate to post with a stupid +1 so quickly....but dam...yes. +1!!!
Reply Quote
09/21/2012 04:14 PMPosted by Cheez

See thats the confusing part, 175 hours of game time. Yeah, "hype" is a great word for that. I got 175 hours out of Diablo 3 before I got bored and did 1 Act 3 run a day. Im not even half way through TL2, ya know 6 hours in and I have basically put it down.

Most games see what, 10-20 hours of play? Maybe 100 if its got good multiplayer support but your not really "hooked".

And yet, there are people with 250 hours going "wow this sucks".

Well, 6 hours into TL2, wow this is boring.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]