Diablo® III

Stuttering on my laptop

Just bought one of these:

Acer Aspire 5560G
AMD A6-3420 quad-core 1,5 GHz, integrated Radeon HD 6520G
Dedicated AMD Radeon HD7670 1 gb
Windows 7 Home Premium

When in a dungeon or whatever the game does just fine on high textures and 1366x768 but when at fields of slaughter etc with lots of mobs and damage numbers etc and im spinning like crazy (double tornado-style) the fps drops considerably, from high (50-100) to like 10.

Ive tried the latest catalyst drivers (12.8?) and ive tried setting it to 800x600 and low textures but still the same thing, goes a little bit smoother but still no big difference when you compare to 1366x768. Its playable i guess but not exactly entertaining...

Ive measured the GPU and CPU load with an amd tool called system monitor while playing, but according to that one, no overload on GPU or CPU......

So what to do ?

New drivers?
CPU problem, overclock?
Kill some background processes?
Kill the integrated graphics card ?

Very thankful for some input on this.

Best regards
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Set the power settings (in control panel -> power) to performance
Also play with power connected to outlet
Reply Quote
Thanks for the reply! You are exactly the one im looking for tbh :)

I have it on max performance.

What do you mean play with power connected to outlet ?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
GPUs generally will not perform at maximum potential if it's run under battery.

Catalyst drivers currently do not properly support "7670M", so I would try going back to the factory drivers. If not, try out this modded beta driver:

Reply Quote
ive tried both factory drivers and the beta drivers with no effect.

Could it be CPU related since it doesnt really matter what kind of resolution and high/low textures im using?

If so, would overclocking the CPU do the trick, and is it safe on a laptop ? How would i do it, amd overdrive? K10stat?
Reply Quote
tried overclocking to 2,4ghz, no effect :(
Reply Quote
I have a windows vista laptop( i know they suck...) game is so slow i cant even play it. I have a geforce 7150M graphics card(nVidia). i had to change a few things in the dIII files just to get the game to work. but its to slow to play enjoyably... thinking about getting a new proccessor and graphics card. any suggestions?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Explain (256 characters max)