Diablo® III

Double Whirlwind Barb Dual Wield or 2Hander?

I was just curious to know if a 2 hander is a viable weapon for a double whirl wind barb? my current weapons work just fine, but i have a 2 hander that increases my dps by another 20k, can anyone help me in my quandary?
Reply Quote
Try it out, see how it goes
Reply Quote
Does the off hand weapon even play a roll in the double whirlwind barb build? or is it just about having the right weapon stats and getting the most DPS?
Reply Quote
A 2 hand skorn WW barb here. Pretty much the same as most DW. =)
Reply Quote
2h weps are fail for ww/sprint build.
Reply Quote
^^^ says the dude with 50k dps and using frenzy. and most likely because you probably tried a 2hand ww build with your bad dps. dont troll, bro.

2hand runs just fine with ww build if you make adjustments to your gear. if anything, though, i wouldnt recommend switching to 2hand for ww unless youre pushing 80-90k dps with DW first (that's just my opinion). theyre about equal in efficiency (with DW being maybe a little more efficient) but 2hand will prepare you for pvp ;]

but yes. many of the top geared barbarians out there are using 2hand for ww. dont let anyone tell you otherwise. and no. its not so we can boost our DPS on diabloprogress.com.
Edited by Grimace#1307 on 9/18/2012 6:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Grimace. You got my heart out. Thank you.

*but 2hand will prepare you for pvp ;]
Reply Quote
Go for some IAS using 2nd hands. You will do fine just like a DW. At least 1.2 i guess. But i prefer more though.
Edited by Horngyuh80#6218 on 9/18/2012 11:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Agree with the above posts. DT works well with 2H'ers BUT you need to stack alot of IAS to make this work smoothly.

A good DW build would still trumph 2H for overall farming. It however loses out in the coolness factor!
Reply Quote
@DAKKON

Solo yes..
Multiplayer.. hard to say.
Reply Quote
2H WW works great for either solo or multiplayer. In solo, I take up animosity and Templar for his resource regen skill and I pretty much never run out of fury, just WW all over the place. I'd recommend 1.3 APS or more.
Reply Quote
=.= didn't know i can use Templar for resource reg skill. What a good idea!
Since i had more than enough def.
Reply Quote
=.= didn't know i can use Templar for resource reg skill. What a good idea!
Since i had more than enough def.

And you can use his shield as another MF source. Its way worth the 500 armor or so the enchantress gives you.
Reply Quote
2 hander is NOT viable for ww barbs unless you have 25% mspd and enough attack speed to keep fury up. honestly, dw is so much better, especialy with a mighty weapon, you can clear a whole map in 1 wotb. i dont think wotb is even viable for skorn builds. so to answer your question, dw'ing is still the most viable and efficient build
Reply Quote
@Charles,

What makes you think i can clear a whole map in 1wotb in most time?
I was once a DW player too, if i can't i wouldn't be using a Skorn either.
Edited by Horngyuh80#6218 on 9/19/2012 1:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
09/19/2012 01:42 AMPosted by Charles
2 hander is NOT viable for ww barbs unless you have 25% mspd and enough attack speed to keep fury up. honestly, dw is so much better, especialy with a mighty weapon, you can clear a whole map in 1 wotb. i dont think wotb is even viable for skorn builds. so to answer your question, dw'ing is still the most viable and efficient build

Does the mighty weapon justify the 10% crit loss from a mace/axe?
Reply Quote
09/19/2012 01:42 AMPosted by Charles

Yes you need some IAS to make it work, but mspd is purely for faster farming. Having a Skorn is basically like being in WoTB, I kill things so fast i dropped WoTB for Overpower. If you claim something is not viable, at least have the diligence to test it out first before misinforming others.
Reply Quote
nothing justifies that you CAN clear the map with a skorn
Reply Quote
09/19/2012 01:50 AMPosted by Umgoblue2008

Yes you need some IAS to make it work, but mspd is purely for faster farming. Having a Skorn is basically like being in WoTB, I kill things so fast i dropped WoTB for Overpower. If you claim something is not viable, at least have the diligence to test it out first before misinforming others.

im just sharing my opinion on the build, as ive been a skorn user myself for a few weeks before switching back to dw
Reply Quote
yes because im able to keep wotb up pretty much 95% of the time
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]