Diablo® III

Bug crafting Infernal Staff of Herding?

Hi, not sure if right forum but here goes.

Ive crafted up to the Hellish Staff of herding, and the plans for Infernal were dropped by Izual for me. I gave them to the guy, but it dosnt give me an option to craft it.

I have beaten Inferno, and just to make sure id taught the plan i bought one from the Quatermaster, it says i already have taught it.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
Reply Quote
I've had a similar problem way back when I was trying to upgrade from normal to NM then to Hellish. For some reason, the Blacksmith took the staff and instead of crafting the NM before the hellish, he did the hellish. Then he was saying the same thing you got: Recipe known. Turns out, if I recall right that I had to log out of the game and go to the exact moment you can buy the plans from the vendor in order for me to upgrade the staff. In other words, and I stress that I might be wrong on this one, the crafting or upgrade if you will, is tied to the moment or part of Act IV when you can buy the plans.

That worked for me. You can google about the plans to know when you can buy them, create a game to that specific time, and try then.

Hope that helps.
Reply Quote
Nope, didnt help :( thanks though

Maybe blizz needs to take a look at my char or something?

Anyone else?
Reply Quote
Hi, not sure if right forum but here goes.

Ive crafted up to the Hellish Staff of herding, and the plans for Infernal were dropped by Izual for me. I gave them to the guy, but it dosnt give me an option to craft it.

I have beaten Inferno, and just to make sure id taught the plan i bought one from the Quatermaster, it says i already have taught it.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

You may have to make each staff. Like make a staff on normal and then go buy upgrades from the guy in act 3-4.
Reply Quote
yeah, i have. made it all the way up to hellish, but when i taught the infernal plans to the guy it dosnt show up in my list to craft
Reply Quote
hi guys, ii just finished diablo in inferno. bought the book for the staff of herding inferno difficulty and i already have the hellish staff of herding. for some reason i can not upgrade my staff with the blacksmith. am i doing something wrong or is something missing?
Reply Quote
i keep getting the plans for the staff and cant get rid of them wtf is going on her blizzard ?
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
You've dug up an old thread, unrelated to your issue, and yet can't find the multitude of relevant threads where the answer to your question has already been posted?

You're hopeless.

11/09/2012 10:03 AMPosted by Lylirra
The Staff of Herding recipe is currently bugged, so it's kind of difficult to get rid of (i.e. put the recipe in your stash, create a new character, move the item to the new character's inventory, and then delete the character). We've already got a fix planned, though, that will allow you to drop the item on the ground or "sell" it for 0 gold to a vendor.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]