Diablo® III

1.05 changes - not fair?

Hi there,

I would like to ask you if I understand the changes correctly:

1. Affixes on items will now roll their level based on the level of the monster killed (rather than the item’s level)

So we will have 0 chance to get the best items in act 1 or 2? WTF? Why isnt it like the old system where u had higher chance to get better items in act 3 but still could find them in act 1 or 2.

2. Barbarian Sprint
Skill Rune – Run Like the Wind
Proc coefficient reduced from 0.2 to 0.08
Unforgiving
--- the only nerf and like 10 other buffes that regenerate fury

Again... what the hell... u were supposed to nerf barb and I see no change at all. Less fury from run like the wind but more fury from the pasive skills and lower cost of ww and other stuff? Could you explain me where is the nerf?

3. Wizz and DH nerfs.

I am speechless. While u nerf op barb defense from 50% to 20% so by 30% all ressitances u nerf power and prismatic armor by 30% armor and 15% all ress and DH by 30% of whole damage reduction... Both DH and Wizz (and WD prolly) should get the same 30% damage reduction like barbs and monks. We arent dealing more dmg than barbs, we arent faster (loot and exp gain per hour) than barbs so why should we be more squishier than barbs?

4. Nerf that cheesy CM wizzard build and add some MS bonus.

I understand that there are also some bug/exploits related to wizzards. I am not the person that only point that other classes are OP and that mine class is perfectly fine (like most Barb or ToC DH players do). I think that in 1.05 to coef of Storm Chaser should be reduced (so no perma freeze, no perma teleport etc. - those who us it are exploiting the mechanics imo) but wizzards should get more farm/exp speed bonuses - like 40% increased ms while on archon. So we could match barbs in farm efficiency.

Please post only constructive opinions. No flame.
Reply Quote
Blizzard loves to stealth nerf. For anyone who doesn't RMAH, there is no way to beat Inferno now.

All paths lead to that s***y RMAH and Blizzard raking in the 15%. Game is dead.
Reply Quote
Again nerfing monks, and making barbs better.

Typical.

Seize the Initiative
Conversion of Dexterity to Armor reduced from 100% to 50%

Resolve
Damage reduction reduced from 25% to 20%

Whirlwind
Fury cost from 16 to 9

k

Battle Rage
Duration increased from 30 seconds to 120 seconds

k

This is what I don't understand... Nerfing monks for the 8th time... When we need upgrades. IMO or not changes at all. They keep making barb more, and more powerful. Who the heck wants to play one class in the game. ( For majority that is, and I bet it is barbs )
Reply Quote
Just a suggestion try to stick to one topic per post. It's hard to have a good discussion about a bunch of different things.

to address your first question though the rumor/assumption going around is that the new monster power will increase the level of the monster. If every Monster Power level brought the level of the monster up 1 capping at 63 then eventually you could farm anywhere though farming 3 and 4 would still be better at first.
Reply Quote
Don't worry they'll nerf our Storm Chaser, when we're done farming for 4 months just like you barbs got to abuse your WW for 4 months and reign supreme.

Go ahead though, rage and QQ on us till then you hypocrites. Your contradictory tears will be delicious.

As for OP I don't even know why you're complaining. Every single patch they buff the ranged wizard. Are you ignoring the massive buffs to meteor and Ray of Frost line?

Stop worrying about what us melee wizards do, if there's anything left to buff for ranged ask for it cuz from what I see ranged is fine after 1.05.
Edited by MasterJay#1651 on 9/21/2012 5:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Don't worry they'll nerf our Storm Chaser, when we're done farming for 4 months just like you barbs got to abuse your WW for 4 months and reign supreme.

Go ahead though, rage and QQ on us till then you hypocrites. Your contradictory tears will be delicious.

hahahahaha omg hahaha what a line lol
Reply Quote

As for OP I don't even know why you're complaining. Every single patch they buff the ranged wizard. Are you ignoring the massive buffs to meteor and Ray of Frost line?

Stop worrying about what us melee wizards do, if there's anything left to buff for ranged ask for it cuz from what I see ranged is fine after 1.05.

Well I would like to have some Speed bonus (exp and loot per hour) for ranged wizz. Without the CM abuse we cant have 0 cd teleports. If they add archon movement speed bonus I think this would be fair.
Edited by buczbucz#1334 on 9/21/2012 6:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Typical.

Seize the Initiative

Resolve

Whirlwind
Fury cost from 16 to 9

k

Battle Rage

k

This is what I don't understand... Nerfing monks for the 8th time... When we need upgrades. IMO or not changes at all. They keep making barb more, and more powerful. Who the heck wants to play one class in the game. ( For majority that is, and I bet it is barbs )

don't you just love it when dummies take one part of the patch notes and present it in an extremely dumb way? I can do an example.

OWE - UNCHANGED!!!!

Run like the wind ---- NERFED by 60%
Warcry - impunity NERFED by 50%

see how dumb that was? =/
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
09/21/2012 05:49 AMPosted by GlowSticks

The monk nerfs to defensive abilities have been known, as well as nerfs to all class defensive abilities. Mobs are also having their power reduced by 25% across the board, so it's actually a buff.

Subsequently, if you think barbs are getting better with this patch I'd invite you to step into their class forum and bathe in the WW QQ storm ensuing right now.
Reply Quote

Typical.

Seize the Initiative

Resolve

Whirlwind
Fury cost from 16 to 9

k

Battle Rage

k

PROTIP It's a buff over you're an idiot for just seeing nerfs and not looking at everything that changed as a whole....
Reply Quote
Blizzard loves to stealth nerf. For anyone who doesn't RMAH, there is no way to beat Inferno now.

All paths lead to that s***y RMAH and Blizzard raking in the 15%. Game is dead.

It's meant to take time to get good drops. Keep farming act1, the gear isn't great, but I get better weapons there than act3.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Although soon we will learn if they have nerfed drops for the lower level monster difficulties making something like level 4 difficulty have similar drops to current inferno.
Of course, I am sure you would never assume to base your conclusions on incomplete data...
I mean, who is so presumptuous to do something like that?

Of course, I would never assume a conclusion that they nerfed drops for lower level monster difficulties making something like level 4 difficulty have similar drops to current inferno with incomplete data. Only a fool would do that.
Edited by Fellows#1764 on 9/21/2012 6:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
2. Barbarian Sprint
Skill Rune – Run Like the Wind
Proc coefficient reduced from 0.2 to 0.08
Unforgiving
--- the only nerf and like 10 other buffes that regenerate fury

Again... what the hell... u were supposed to nerf barb and I see no change at all. Less fury from run like the wind but more fury from the pasive skills and lower cost of ww and other stuff? Could you explain me where is the nerf?

What? Are you retarded? You obviously don't know anything about barbs.

Unforgiving is one of those useless skills noone ever used and even with the buff noone would probably use. The nerf to "Run like the wind" is not a fury generation nerf, it's a nerf to Life on Hit, meaning that WW Barbs will need a TON more LoH on their gear to remain effective. Right now you can roll with 1000LOH, you will need 2 500 after the patch, it's a huge nerf and it is the only nerf Barbs needed.
Reply Quote
because changing the duration of a shout from 30 seconds to 120 seconds greatly affects how the class is played?
Reply Quote
When they release the dev notes on defensive skills, I was a bit outrage but after reading the patch notes 1.05, I really feel excited to see all the changes.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]