I started playing Ultima in 92 when Underworld Stygian Abyss came out...then got hooked, playing 7 BG & SI, 8, UW2, and Online. Every one of those games was a masterpieces at the time. I never got into playing the older games from 1-6 as I couldn't get into EGA or lesser graphics (VGA was the emerging bomb at the time). Then in 1999, the highly anticipated and constantly delayed Ultima 9 Ascension came out. This game forever buried the Ultima series as it was such a failure it was viewed as one of the greatest disappointments in video gaming history.

We all know the history of Diablo. We are all fans of the series; that's why we're all here talking in these forums. Since the release of Diablo 3, my journey and experience playing the game has been plagued with disappointment and frustration. I'm a huge fan of Diablo 1 and 2. How could Blizzard, considered one of the greatest video game companys in the world, shut the door so hard on their fans in such a disrespectful manner with Diablo 3? How could such a successful franchise release a game that has no commonality with it's predecessors?

Diablo 3 is the Ultima 9 in the Ultima series...perhaps the final nail in the coffin...

I really miss the wonderful times experienced playing the Ultima games...
I really miss the wonderful times experienced playing the Diablo games...