Diablo® III

Best class for Hardcore?

90 Human Priest
Im a bit newer to D3, and I would like to try Hardcore, problem is, I want to pick a class that will help me survive in some of the harder situations.
Reply Quote
The Barbarian is largely recognized as the easiest for hardcore. You still have to play smart though.
Reply Quote
09/22/2012 07:16 AMPosted by Holyradiance
Im a bit newer to D3, and I would like to try Hardcore, problem is, I want to pick a class that will help me survive in some of the harder situations.

I am going to be a "homer" and recommend WD. The pets are able to divert a decent amount of damage off of your character, Spirit Walk is possibly the best escape ability in the game, and you can receive an extra life with Spirit Vessel.

The main negative of building a WD in this style, you will not have the farming efficiency of the Barbarian (almost as hardy) or the Monk (also has an extra life).
Edited by Lykotic#1869 on 9/22/2012 7:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
used to be the barb. Now it is less clear - barb or WD. With monks temprarily retaining an non-nerfed OWE, they have be the leads for a short time until v.1.0.6
Reply Quote
I think Witch Doctors seem pretty ideal for hardcore. Pets and Gargantuan take much of the attention while spirit walk is just a perfect way to stay out of trouble. I run mine using toads and acid clouds on long range with lots of procs like freeze and stun. This further adds to safety. Damage is plenty, and I seldenly need more than 10-20 secs to kill an elite group in act 2 inferno.
Reply Quote
I have all classes to 60 in hardcore and my personal exp is that WD/Barb are about even and above other classes in survivability. My best advice is play a WD and then team up with a good tanky barb and you should do well. I farm act 3 with my barb buddy now pretty decently. It can get hairy at times but Barb + pet tanks + armor/resist buff + ranged dps = great for living.

If you wanna see my setup my battle tag is LSU#1323 for some reason it wont let me log into the forums right now on that account it keeps giving me an error.
Edited by LSUfan#1348 on 9/22/2012 8:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
1. Barb/WD
2. Monk
3. Wiz/DH

IMO of course.
Reply Quote
Yeah, am leveling a WD to have a farming char because the farming efficiency seems much better. I am running everything a lot faster and at slightly lower levels than I did on the wizard, in basically the same gear (using my stashed leveling gear from the wizard, except for things like sources, of course).

I am basically chewing through everything with no problems at all. Normal Belial did not get a poison phase, I killed him so quick. (I was in pretty good gear. But still, it's a world of difference)
Edited by Anomie#1322 on 9/22/2012 8:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Barb is the best, DH n Wiz take alot of damage even with high res n armor.
WD is safe too as monster tend to wack your pet instead of you =).
Reply Quote
I have to jump in and say, hands down, i have had the most fun with witch doctor. I'm still leveling so I havent seen how they fare in higher difficulties (inferno), but im having FUN! That puking acid face just demolishes and that hopping fireball is great for environment destruction. Silly as it may sound, I started getting bored with the "look" of a barb. The gear for WD's is cool! Am I right? Or am I right? WD is visually just a different class, making it fun to pound buttons and see what happens.
Reply Quote
I have a lvl 60 HC WD, farming act 2 easily and poking my way through act 3. I don't have any experience with barbs, but I'm loving the WD for hardcore. Having your pets soak up all the damage while you hide in the back is an amazing luxury in HC. If they die (this almost never happens), spirit walk away to bail, regroup, and try again. Very very safe class to play.
Reply Quote
At the current standing gear wise/cheapest cost to be effective.
WD->Monk->Barb->wiz->dh

But it could be opposite depending on how you play.

Cause i've done act 1-2 inferno and near end of act 3 inferno before i stop playing much; using my WD with around 35k hp 300 resist. (lots of micro)
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Thanks for this... saved me from almost doing DH lol
Reply Quote
i would go for Monk because it have so much heal buff. It is good for your first toon since it have alot of advantage over other class.

* you use less potions.. (save you alot of golds)...

* You can stack either fire/physical/acanie/ etc..(because of OWE) for resistance instead of All resistance gear which have crappy main stats and cost alot of gold.

* Inferno gear is cheaper for Monk..
Reply Quote
09/22/2012 11:51 AMPosted by Flysword
* you use less potions.. (save you alot of golds)...

Potions cost nothing lol. This shouldn't be a reason to roll any class. Also, Revenge, Rend, and Charge would like a word with you. So would Blood Funnel. And Inspi...Jesus, barbs get a lot of heals haha.

09/22/2012 11:51 AMPosted by Flysword
* Inferno gear is cheaper for Monk..

Eh, I wouldn't say that. It's cheaper if you go with single res, but you're in a limited market for gearing up single res/all res with dex/vit since you'll be competing with DH, who we'll be seeing a lot more of after 1.05 I imagine. It gets pretty expensive.

Barbs would be a lot cheaper if there weren't so damn many of us.
Edited by Wanfear#1697 on 9/22/2012 12:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
i should change it to Act1 beginning gear is cheaper for Monk.

* well since he dont have any lv60 so i think monk should be the best advantage. In my opinion the barb is the funniest class to play than monk. But for survivable especially gold is an issue, i would suggest monk. For gameplay fun, go for barb..

You have to realized All resistance gear is so expensive. But if you play a monk you can have OWE passive skill that give you alot advantage.

For example some gear have high main stats, Vit, but doesn't have all resistance but have either Fire/Cold/Physical/ etc.. then it work for Monk and you dont have to spend millions gold for 1 piece of gear. For barb If you buy High main stats(Str) , Vit, with All resistance it can cost you alot..
Edited by Flysword#1411 on 9/22/2012 2:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
WD is by far the easiest to gear to jump right into A1/A2 inferno+. With pet build and a Crowd Control proc scoundrel, only things to fear really is mortar and/or vortex.

Edit: Add internet lag/disconnect to the things to fear :)
Edited by Crovakiet#1323 on 9/22/2012 2:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I have a 60 WD, although I just got it a few days ago I recommend that class. The pets are great for diversions while the mobs focus on them you can rain down acid rain and any other skill you like to use.

And of course Spirit vessel and Spirit walk are a MUST!
Reply Quote
09/22/2012 10:12 AMPosted by geology
I have to jump in and say, hands down, i have had the most fun with witch doctor.

Everyone plays differently, and with different goals, but my answer would be that the best class is the one you have the most fun playing. I want to play all classes, and have started one of each. Truth is though, in games like this, I have most fun playing a caster.

I suggest you go into it with the assumption that your character will die, possibly due to reasons outside of your control. If your goal is to have fun in the game, knowing that the character is temporary, then play the class you have most fun with, and when you die, start again. This might save you some stress or rage.

But like I said, everyone plays differently. I'm not trying to tell anyone that one way is better than another.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]