Diablo® III

Torchlight 2 is good.

55 Blood Elf Mage
TL2 review from IGN: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orGKxlqTOHU
Reply Quote
I'm severely dissapointed with how bad Diablo3 is so i bought a Torchlight II 4-pack from steam so I can give the game as gift to 3 friends.

Anyone have any idea how i give away the 3 other copies?

Send them the key by email, or send to their steam account.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?p_faqid=549
Reply Quote
I'm at level 15 and already pretty bored.

TL2 is just so... generic. It just feels like an amalgamation of every fantasy theme put into a big amusement park, random and contrived.
Reply Quote
Send them the key by email, or send to their steam account.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?p_faqid=549

I didnt purchase it as a gift. but I purchased the Torchlight II 4pack from here :
http://store.steampowered.com/app/200710/

It didnt give me any keys or anything in the email. All I see is torchlight 2 in my steam library which im downloading now, but I dont know how i can give away the 3 other copies to friends
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
It's sad that Runic can pwn Blizzard this hard using only a fraction of the resources and time, while charging only a third of the retail price for their product.
Reply Quote
TL2 has better gameplay, but I find the characters. The skill tree idea is fine, but the skills themselves are just lame.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
skills and stat points seem dated after D3. Yes, a lot of people wanted them, but I don't see why do I need to manually assign those. I never know where best to put them, and it's going once again end up with someone coming up with perfect distribution on the Internet.

Same with skill trees. They bring 0 innovation. Allocating 2% more damage to a skill is uncool, and Embermage trees in particular seem uninspired (Ice, Fire, Electricity? Really?)

Why are you playing an RPG if you don't want to "have to manually assign those"?

D3's system is regression. No build identity. Cookie cutters are still here in full force. TL2 definitely offers interesting choices when leveling with skill trees. D3 doesn't. It spoon feeds you, and I don't want to be spoon fed. Being spoon fed is for babies. I'm a grown up. I'd like to feed myself, thanks.
Reply Quote
Within the first minute of gameplay, TL2 completely destroys D3 in every aspect. Why? D3 did absolutely nothing right...at all. It's like the people attempting to design this atrocity wanted the players to hate them. It's nothing more than a joke. Runic Games is a great company, albeit an indie one.

Usually, I don't like most indie games due to how small they feel, mostly in scale but also content wise. I did not like TL1, really in any way. It didn't feel right, and mostly stumbled around haphazardly. TL2 improves everything, and then goes even farther. I realize that it's not the greatest game ever, but in comparison to D3, anything is better.

Diablo 3 is nothing. It's treated as a product, not a video game like it should be. The one and only thing they care about is numbers. How sad and sickening is it that only four years ago, I considered Blizzard one of the last good companies around? This game is a disgrace to gaming, just like FF13 and FF14, Action 52, Superman 64, ET, and so on. I mean really, even Hellgate London had better standards than this, and it was way more interesting. Blizzard really ought to take a nice hard look at what they've done, I think in the end, they'll be horrified once they see how fundamentally wrong / broken their entire game really is.
Edited by forcedemodo#1994 on 9/24/2012 9:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Within the first minute of gameplay, TL2 completely destroys D3 in every aspect. Why? D3 did absolutely nothing right...at all. It's like the people attempting to design this atrocity wanted the players to hate them. It's nothing more than a joke. Runic Games is a great company, albeit an indie one.

Usually, I don't like most indie games due to how small they feel, mostly in scale but also content wise. I did not like TL1, really in any way. It didn't feel right, and mostly stumbled around haphazardly. TL2 improves everything, and then goes even farther. I realize that it's not the greatest game ever, but in comparison to D3, anything is better.

Diablo 3 is nothing. It's treated as a product, not a video game like it should be. The one and only thing they care about is numbers. How sad and sickening is it that only four years ago, I considered Blizzard one of the last good companies around? This game is a disgrace to gaming, just like FF13 and FF14, Action 52, Superman 64, ET, and so on. I mean really, even Hellgate London had better standards than this, and it was way more interesting. Blizzard really ought to take a nice hard look at what they've done, I think in the end, they'll be horrified once they see how fundamentally wrong / broken their entire game really is.

you lost ALL credibility the second you said HG:L was better then D3. Clearly you didn't play it. It was AWFUL. The only good thing about HG:L was the setting. Everything else, from combat, animations, monsters, level generation (they had a bug that would spawn random dungeons with no exit tiles lol) was TERRIBLE.

If you think HG:L was a better game, you don't know what you are talking about and need to shup up pronto.
Reply Quote
It was still a game, a very very bad one (for the record I do agree with you, it was horrendous). Diablo 3 is nothing more than a boring, lifeless product. That's why HG is better. I was part of Flagshipped.com, I really was there. This game is so much worse due to the nature of the company behind it. They don't care, each patch only sidesteps the real issues. Hellgate, for as bad as it was (and rushed by EA, the other really bad company), the patches were actually trying to fix the game. It had a lot of problems that could be fixed...D3 doesn't.
Reply Quote
09/24/2012 10:06 PMPosted by forcedemodo
It was still a game, a very very bad one (for the record I do agree with you, it was horrendous). Diablo 3 is nothing more than a boring, lifeless product. That's why HG is better. I was part of Flagshipped.com, I really was there. This game is so much worse due to the nature of the company behind it. They don't care, each patch only sidesteps the real issues. Hellgate, for as bad as it was (and rushed by EA, the other really bad company), the patches were actually trying to fix the game. It had a lot of problems that could be fixed...D3 doesn't.

You're just another brainless Blizzard conspiracy theorist. Blizzard doesn't care! Blizzard nerfing builds and IAS to get people to spend cash in the RMAH!!! Everything in the game is horrible!!!

Get real. Diablo 3 has it's issues, much like Diablo 2 did on launch. There have been a lot of changes to Diablo 3 so far. Might not be the game you were hoping for in your pipe dream, but if you came back to reality a little, maybe you'd have a bit more common sense.
Reply Quote
09/24/2012 10:11 PMPosted by Alcovitch

You're just another brainless Blizzard conspiracy theorist. Blizzard doesn't care! Blizzard nerfing builds and IAS to get people to spend cash in the RMAH!!! Everything in the game is horrible!!!

Get real. Diablo 3 has it's issues, much like Diablo 2 did on launch. There have been a lot of changes to Diablo 3 so far. Might not be the game you were hoping for in your pipe dream, but if you came back to reality a little, maybe you'd have a bit more common sense.

Diablo 2 wasn't this broken. Diablo 3 will always be crap because of people like Bobby Kotick being in charge. End of discussion.
Reply Quote
09/24/2012 10:11 PMPosted by Alcovitch

Diablo 3's design from the ground up is beyond feasible repair from patches, this isn't a rushed development problem, this is a bad development problem.

HGL was a horrible broken mess of a game but it could have been something good, D3 has never been something good and never will be something good due to design decisions made by greedy bastards that have no idea how to make a fun game.
Reply Quote
Well there are two questions we can ask about the two games:
1)Which game is more fun while playing through it for the first time?
2)Which game has a more fun long-term endgame?

I doubt anyone can answer the second question yet. We could have a reasonable discussion about the first one, but I personally don't think I can really give an unbiased statement about my first impression of diablo, mainly because it's four months back and I have played the game way too much since then. The only thing I can say is it was definitively a lot of fun even though it had some flaws. And exactly the same is true for TL too (Why for ****'s sake am I not allowed to respec my character? Am I really supposed to play a permanently gimped character/delete my character and make a new one just because I did some noobish decisions at level 5????)

I actually play both games. both games are good, too early to praise T2 but im enjoying it so far.they have their own pros and cons. regarding your concern on respec, you can actually do that in T2, for that was also my problem at first. take a good look:

By default, Torchlight 2 only allows you to respec your last three skill points (at a steep cost.) Thus, you may already be so far in that these builds are impossible to use. Luckily, if you want the freedom to redistribute all of your skill points at any time, the game supports it. You’ll just have to follow a few steps. NOTE: This will give your character a visible cheater flag beside your name in multiplayer, just like editing the stats file does. Some people have a problem with that. Others don’t. Just a fair warning.

Find your Torchlight 2 save folder, usually under Documents/My Games/Runic Games/Torchlight 2/save.
Open settings.txt, and find the line that says “CONSOLE :0″, which should be third from the top. Change it to “CONSOLE :1″.
Save the text file, load up a character, and hit INSERT to bring up the console. Type “ITEM RespecPotion”. It will appear at your feet.
Quaff away to refund all spent skill points. This also has the benefit of letting you choose your starting attack skill on a new character, instead of having to use the default one.
It’s also worth noting that, as far as we can tell, only characters that actually use the spawn item command will be cheater flagged. Just enabling the console shouldn’t mess up your whole account.

Source:
http://www.pcgamer.com
Reply Quote
TL2 is generous and took much parts of every games good games released last years,
it was a good job and i hope its success will grow even more
Edited by Pocket#2823 on 9/26/2012 11:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
The biggest difference is that TL2 feels rewarding for playing and Diablo 3 feels punishing for playing. Due to that biggest difference I prefer TL2.
Reply Quote
The biggest difference is that TL2 feels rewarding for playing and Diablo 3 feels punishing for playing. Due to that biggest difference I prefer TL2.

Tell me how it does once you're in New Game+ in Elite difficulty. I'll wait.
Reply Quote
09/24/2012 10:37 PMPosted by nofo

Diablo 3's design from the ground up is beyond feasible repair from patches, this isn't a rushed development problem, this is a bad development problem.

HGL was a horrible broken mess of a game but it could have been something good, D3 has never been something good and never will be something good due to design decisions made by greedy bastards that have no idea how to make a fun game.

Right, because you're the expert on what constitutes a fun and properly designed game.

Get lost arm chair game designer.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]