Diablo® III

Torchlight 2 is good.

09/22/2012 08:53 PMPosted by Regalone
D3 art>>>>>>>>TL2 but again gameplay>graphics

...as I alt-tab back to my Frenzy/Rampage/Executioner built Zerker that would whoop up on any WW Barb out there... ;)
Edited by Javelin#1180 on 9/22/2012 9:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
All these posts are very valid and I agree w/ every1. A couple posters mentioned how the combat flow/fluidity is kind of unpolished and "herky jerky" to quote the one post. This is very true. These things can be smoothed out by the game designers and I plan on keeping checked up on T2s status on their site to see if they are working on this problem. It is very bothering bc playing T2 you notice how you move more quickly around giving it an "intense" feel to combat and mobs which is very enjoyable. This is why the "herky jerkyness" needs smoothed out. I also agree that the hitboxes feel too large. Ultima acknowledged how this could be why he's getting the targeting w/ monsters on cliffs. (I was just playing a few min. ago Ultima and I totally get what your talking about.) Diablo3 is also starting to take steps in the right direction. Adding the players option to D3 is so important imo. I'm a bit upset about the new changes to D3 though bc I might be misinterpreting the notes. To me it seems like Blizzard is saying that increasing the players option will only affect drops on inferno. Is this correct? Or am I wrong? I feel it needs to be for all diff. of the game. What about the players who possibly dont want to play inferno and just enjoy say 'nightmare'. Shouldnt they be able to find amazing gear specifically tiered to that diff. In my opinion I feel like the progression balance in D3 is a bit whacky. But w/e...
Reply Quote
First off, I am a huge fan of the diablo series. Diablo 2 stole most of my teen years so I don't want people to assume im a basher of Diablo 3.

Anyways to be honest i was super skeptic about playing torchlight 2. Diablo 3 for me was the most hyped up I've ever been for a game. My first play threw on my Witchdoctor I had a lot of fun, but now looking back, I think I just had so much fun because I was happy the wait was FINALLY over.

On Torchlight 2 the graphics aren't very good, and to be honest I didn't play the beta so I was going in the dark, I saw some videos on youtube, but that doesnt' really mean much. After about 15 hours on playing Torchlight 2 I realised that I am actually having real fun. The zones are massive, the loot is outstandingly done IE: I am almost always getting an upgrade, the music feels very diablo 2ish (which I love) it has talent trees, attribute points enchanting, gambling, gemstones and probably more than I have unlocked in the campaign yet.

I honestly think that Torchlight 2 as it is now, is better than Diablo 3, but on the other hand, every patch that Diablo 3 has put out is upping the quality of Diablo 3. So I think after a year or so Diablo 3 will be up to snuff with the ARPG's.

All in all, they are 2 similiar games but as it stands you'd be a fool to not spend 20 bucks on this game. I'll go back to Diablo 3 once i get bored or if there is nothing else to do in Torchlight 2...which at that point Diablo 3 would hopefully be smoothed out.

So what do you guys think? TL2 > D3?

Good post. I just don't think Diablo 3 can ever match it unless they completely overhaul their itemization...which they just wont do. Its just too flawed. No amount of skill balancing or paragon levels, or pvp will ever fix it.

Its fundamentally flawed at its core, and designed to maximize AH transactions.

TL2 is made by designers who wanted to make a fun game for PC gamers. Diablo 3 designers were too worried about the AH and economy, and didn't focus on the game.
Reply Quote
kudos for TL2 having massive quality drops... but that's not fun for me. They will grab people's attention for the first 30 hours of their play experience, and people will enjoy remaking virgin characters there (playing only with the loot they find).

But after that, it will get old quick.

Old like D2 right? Haha!

Hmm?

I found lots of uniques in D2, but not many godly items, and never any perfect rares that do more damage than the runeword items (yes, socketed, eth, 400% ed, ias, +damage/lvl claws were something i looked for every day playing).. although the runes were very difficult to legitimately find as well!
Reply Quote
Too soon.

Remember how fresh D3 felt when you were leveling your first character? Let's compare D3 and T2 after you have been languishing in T2's end game for three months.
Reply Quote
TL2 is what D3 should have been. D3 only wins only in graphics and the smooth gameplay, other than that sucks really bad -___-
Reply Quote
TL2 wins. D3 is not even close overall.

TL2 is a true ARPG. TL2 - good loots can often be expected, smooth game play / little lag , customization of character, more skill dependent and less item dependent, offline play, random dungeon, nonlinear story.. take a look at the forum - full of LOVE

D3 - Act 3 - >bad loot -> Act 3 ->bad loot ->AH-> nerfed -> Act 3 -> bad loot...

It is too clear that Blizz just wants to make money of out players. Milions of copies sold and the game is priced at a triple of TL2. The game is 1x years after D2 and no PvP, bad loots, no uber boss/ player 8 ( only until recently), online only with unstable servers/ the game offically starts from inferno (wasted 48 hours before u play) / nerf all viable builds from time to time/ Never ever fix itemization . What is the point of playing?

I already decided to switch to TL2 and will not return unless there is significant change to D3's gameplay.
Reply Quote
09/22/2012 08:37 PMPosted by TooHighToDie
D3 has more staying power

This is definitely true for me. There's a higher sense of accomplishment and character progression in Diablo III simply due to the fact good loot is very very rare. Torchlight II has a much bigger sense of instant gratification, but that shine doesn't last very long.
Reply Quote
09/22/2012 10:28 PMPosted by Zack
D3 has more staying power

This is definitely true for me. There's a higher sense of accomplishment and character progression in Diablo III simply due to the fact good loot is very very rare. Torchlight II has a much bigger sense of instant gratification, but that shine doesn't last very long.

I feel bad for you. You're addicted to gambling in a game with really bad odds. Torchlight 2 is just fun and works like Diablo 2...and you can't argue the staying power there.
Reply Quote
Mod support for TL2 gives it more staying power in my opinion.
Reply Quote
I'll go back to Diablo 3 once i get bored or if there is nothing else to do in Torchlight 2...which at that point Diablo 3 would hopefully be smoothed out.

So what do you guys think? TL2 > D3?

Right now TL2 is far better then D3. It's much more enjoyable and worth your time.

09/22/2012 08:36 PMPosted by Fellows
On combat it most certainly can. In fact, TL2 can't hold a candle to D3 in that regard.

The visuals of combat in Diablo 3 is good, but the concept is flawed. Since you can change skills on the fly and use the AH/RMAH people flock together to find the best character that can "exploit" the game (WW barbs, crit mass ww wizard, zombie bears wd, god mode archon wizard, dh invincibility or trail of cinders massive damage).

Sure in Torchlight 2 people will find good builds but the fact is, customization is far more open in TL2 then D3 could ever dream of.

Plus TL2 has the ability for people to mod the game. That alone makes TL2 far better D3 because TL2 will always be advancing while D3 will have a patch every month or so.

So yea... TL2 ftw.
Reply Quote
What is this thread doing on the Diablo 3 forums?
Reply Quote
09/22/2012 10:35 PMPosted by DeadEnd

What is "Diablo" 3 doing in the Diablo franchise?
Reply Quote
09/22/2012 10:37 PMPosted by DaskoHime

What is "Diablo" 3 doing in the Diablo franchise?

The same thing Dungeon Siege 3 is doing in the Dungeon Siege franchise.
Reply Quote
TheSaint
View profile
Torchlight 1 2010 Torchlight 2 2012
Diablo 2 2001 Diablo 3 2012

Any questions?

yes. Why not spend more time on graphics and fluid gameplay?
Reply Quote
I feel bad for you. You're addicted to gambling in a game with really bad odds. Torchlight 2 is just fun and works like Diablo 2...and you can't argue the staying power there.

I didn't ever play Diablo 2 nonstop. Played it for a month or two every other year maybe. If that. You really shouldn't feel bad for me, I'm perfectly happy.
Edited by Zack#1629 on 9/22/2012 10:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
I downloaded the demo just to see what the fuss was about.
Pretty fun, actually. Maybe if I get tired of D3 (and still feel like ARPG) I'll give it a shot.
Reply Quote
09/22/2012 10:56 PMPosted by Zack
I'm perfectly happy.

:*(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]