Diablo® III

Torchlight 2 is good.

I play WOW (2004) for the free month and couldn't stomach the graphics. I had a shaman to lvl 15 that was about it . . .

I load up TL2 and play till lvl 3 . . . I just couldn't take it anymore . . . ><;

The game also reminds me too much of D2 potion spamming and left click to win formula . . . at least D3 combat is more fun!
Edited by Kevan#6220 on 9/23/2012 8:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
In one year and a 100 patches later, D3 may become a decent game.

In one year, TL2 will have tons of player custom Mods, and will become a more awesome game.
Reply Quote
09/23/2012 08:21 AMPosted by AnhHa
In one year, TL2 will have tons of player custom Mods, and will become a more awesome game.

The cartoonish gfx will not change . . . sorry just can't do it ><;
Reply Quote
09/23/2012 08:22 AMPosted by Kevan

You haven't seen the graphics mods that came out for Torchlight, have you?
Reply Quote
09/23/2012 08:31 AMPosted by Malphaxis
Another genius who cant even get out of Act3 giving their "informed" opinion.

Only someone that has beaten Diablo can comment on TL2 gfx? what logic is this? lmao!
Reply Quote
09/23/2012 08:22 AMPosted by Kevan

Was your first videogame Halo? Believe it or not, there was once a period in time when ALL games had cartoonish graphics. The art style in TL2 is very much a throwback to classic games and the outcome is stunning.
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Shaman
09/22/2012 08:43 PMPosted by MountainMan
I spent some time with the Torchlight 2 demo last night, and I can say that it's a marked improvement over the original Torchlight, so Torchlight fans should be happy, and it does have some nice ideas, so I give it credit for that, but it's no Diablo 3.

thank god.

09/22/2012 08:43 PMPosted by MountainMan
That is Torchlight 2, like its predecessor, looks very much like a once-and-done game whereas I can see people playing Diablo 3 for many, many years.

TL1 was a simple game. Made this way so it could be ported to XBL. If you think Ll2 is a once and done game, you're missing out on what true build diversity is.
Edited by Thorrand#1646 on 9/23/2012 12:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I play WOW (2004) for the free month and couldn't stomach the graphics. I had a shaman to lvl 15 that was about it . . .

I load up TL2 and play till lvl 3 . . . I just couldn't take it anymore . . . ><;

The game also reminds me too much of D2 potion spamming and left click to win formula . . . at least D3 combat is more fun!

Yea you could make that kind of judgement after 5 minutes? Getting to level 3 literally happens within minutes. Pretty sure your opinion of potion spamming and left click win formula are not valid because you have no experience.

Anyway, I'm loving torchlight 2.
Reply Quote
09/22/2012 08:41 PMPosted by DISP4TER
D3 is frustrating and dull and getting killed over and over in one shot is rage inducing. Gaming is supposed to be fun and combat in D3 is not fun. It just feels obligatory.

There is nothing more rage inducing then dieing over and over and not having the chance to get any better from drops gets sickening.
Reply Quote
I will say that D3/TL2 are galaxies ahead of that horrid POE game.
Reply Quote
I think the TL2 graphics are amazing, very creative art style.
Reply Quote
TL2 is everything D3 should have been... fun, atmospheric, exciting, fun and fun.

I'm loving TL2, it's like a polished D2 with extras.
Forget D3, it doesn't matter how many patches, you can't polish a turd!
Reply Quote

No, didnt say that. But if you're going to comment, at least be informed.
And beyond your opinion of the gfx you have no clue what you're talking about when it comes to Hi Res gfx or mods.

LoL I was doing computer modeling with Lightwave 3d years ago. The characters I have seen in TL2 will not be greatly enhanced in HD. The models just plain suk. I found the comment on wow (2004) interesting. They have changed greatly an deserve another look.

What we are dealing with here is confusion. The confusion is between Graphics style and graphics quality. it was mentioned that a total D3 conversion model mod was being developed. First we have to wonder if this is even legal. Well lets say it happens, how will they fit in the game has to be considered. D3 model or not does the game support the D3 texturing. This is not a HD issue. High definition will actually show faults in models you can miss in lower depth.

Take a simple circle modeled with fewer points. In low depth it looks round, blow it up to HD and you will see the points around the circle connected with straight lines. So you can apply Anti-aliasing to lessen this effect. Sweet. But now import it into a program does it look natural or have that appearance you see on items in the game you click on. How will they animate?

I don't like the style of the TL2 characters and I play wow. In wow you can alter many of the graphic attributes. Regardless of which you change they all hold up well because the basic models were well done. I admit I did not nor will I buy TL2 but I just can't support the style. Wow Tends to lean toward the comic book style, but textured and mapped well. Tl2 reminds me of the Nintendo D3 SW lego games. They seem to lack the depth of either D3 or wow models.

oh ya I hear it coming, you don't even own the game. Well I have seen many example of the graphics , enough to know that even better texturing won't help a whole lot, Hd probably less.

what I got from this whole post was another spoiled brat who only cares about graphics instead of gameplay. After 5 hours today on torchlight 2, It's a breath of fresh air from the daily boring grind, no loot crap I go through on D3. Have fun doing the same act over and over again for 40 hours for one legendary that's actually worth a crap.
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Shaman

No, didnt say that. But if you're going to comment, at least be informed.
And beyond your opinion of the gfx you have no clue what you're talking about when it comes to Hi Res gfx or mods.

LoL I was doing computer modeling with Lightwave 3d years ago. The characters I have seen in TL2 will not be greatly enhanced in HD. The models just plain suk. I found the comment on wow (2004) interesting. They have changed greatly an deserve another look.

What we are dealing with here is confusion. The confusion is between Graphics style and graphics quality. it was mentioned that a total D3 conversion model mod was being developed. First we have to wonder if this is even legal. Well lets say it happens, how will they fit in the game has to be considered. D3 model or not does the game support the D3 texturing. This is not a HD issue. High definition will actually show faults in models you can miss in lower depth.

Take a simple circle modeled with fewer points. In low depth it looks round, blow it up to HD and you will see the points around the circle connected with straight lines. So you can apply Anti-aliasing to lessen this effect. Sweet. But now import it into a program does it look natural or have that appearance you see on items in the game you click on. How will they animate?

I don't like the style of the TL2 characters and I play wow. In wow you can alter many of the graphic attributes. Regardless of which you change they all hold up well because the basic models were well done. I admit I did not nor will I buy TL2 but I just can't support the style. Wow Tends to lean toward the comic book style, but textured and mapped well. Tl2 reminds me of the Nintendo D3 SW lego games. They seem to lack the depth of either D3 or wow models.

oh ya I hear it coming, you don't even own the game. Well I have seen many example of the graphics , enough to know that even better texturing won't help a whole lot, Hd probably less.

I'm satisfied with the TL2 graphics, and think they look way better than the vanilla race models in wow. Now I'd like you to do a little experiment for me. See how long the D3 credits are. Now compare them to the TL2 credits. see that?

The art department of blizzard is bigger than the entire staff of runic, and I still think it's a better game in every way.
Edited by Thorrand#1646 on 9/23/2012 3:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
86 Human Paladin
Put this in the proper forum, please.
Reply Quote
09/23/2012 03:24 PMPosted by Edìvh
Put this in the proper forum, please.

Put the proper game in place, please. "Diablo" 3 is no sequel to Diablo2 .
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]