Diablo® III

Torchlight 2 is good.

09/22/2012 08:25 PMPosted by Tabern4cle
My only complaint about it is that sometimes when I'm moving around or am attacking etc. My character sometimes randomly stops. So I have to start clicking again to get back into it. I cant figure out if the game flow still needs to be smoothed out or if its part of the 'fumble' mechanic they have in the game. I'm still trying to figure out the ins and outs.

I had that same issue back when I was playing Rift, My character would just stop and I would have to re-click with my mouse. The problem ended up being my mouse swapped it out with a backup one and the issue went away. I blamed the game for about a month before I tried another mouse
Reply Quote
i'm playing both.
And i just want to say one thing:

The action in TL2 it's AWESOME.

I'm playing Outlander (ranged with some magic, pacts, and summons)
I can actually kite mobs, if i move they don't hit me!
I can throw a wall of branches, that actually STOP the mobs.
I can do a backward jump that actually put me in a safe place.
My pet summon things that actually help, therefor my pet actually help.

D3 it's good in the "market" aspect, and to show off. Look i'm doing 28312093 dps, i'm better than you. In TL2 you can't do that, but meh, i don't care. I you DO care, then you will hate it.
Edited by Leasierra#1282 on 9/23/2012 8:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
You'd rather gloat in the D3 forums than play TL2?
Reply Quote
Reasons why TL2 > D3:
-40 bucks cheaper!
-no RMAH or AH
-good loot
-better customization and more build diversity
-MOD CAPABILITY

Only downside to TL2:
-cinematics not as nice as D3
-graphics suck

But other than that...TL2 is totally worth it, especially for the price. Frankly if I had known d3 would be published based on the standards it is now, i would have only paid 40 bucks for it, not 60. I feel a bit ripped off actually..no offense blizzard.
Edited by casshyr#1660 on 9/23/2012 8:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
55 Blood Elf Mage
09/23/2012 08:33 PMPosted by Etaman

This is D3 end game ^_^
Reply Quote
Reasons why TL2 > D3:
-40 bucks cheaper!
-no RMAH or AH
-good loot
-MOD CAPABILITY

Only downside to TL2:
-graphics suck

But other than that...TL2 is totally worth it, especially for the price. Frankly if I had known d3 would be published based on the standards it is now, i would have only paid 40 bucks for it, not 60. I feel a bit ripped off actually..no offense blizzard.

I used to defend D3 before it came out against TL2 fanboys . Now I have to eat humble pie after playing TL2 . Only reason Im posting here is because my arm is sore from playing non stop .
Reply Quote
09/23/2012 08:37 PMPosted by Sharidori

This is D3 end game ^_^

You mean the so called torchlight 2 end game. Its been out a few days lol.
Reply Quote
View profile
My level 67 beserker with a 2h use one of the wolf skills and destroys complete mobs in one shot, more mobs show up drop an ice nova on them. Get a couple other players in the mix and it's just like D3 when you have a CM wiz spamming mobs. You can't see anything just all the crit hits you are doing I love it.
Reply Quote
View profile
09/23/2012 07:51 PMPosted by Sharidori

And Hellgate London too. Let's not forget that classic jewel.

Hellgate London has EA behind that. Let's not forget history.

EA's sole involvement with Hellgate: London was marketing and distribution. That was it. Flagship Studios only contracted with them after they had finished development and decided on a firm release date.
Reply Quote
View profile

That's a great way of putting it. Diablo 3 is the first time I've really been interested in an end-game because I can continually experiment and reinvent my character as needed. For me that gives the game far greater longevity and replay value than having to grind out a dozen different characters before finally finding that one build that is viable in the later levels.

So you mean get the same gear, and change skills.

No, I mean experiment with combinations of gear, skills, and playstyles. I love the fact that I'm not stuck with a broken character if I make the "wrong" decisions which makes me more willing to try out some crazy builds.
Edited by MountainMan#1630 on 9/24/2012 7:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Im so sick of people bagging out games being "cartoonish". You play computer games! You play female elves and talking cows and goblins! Soon pandas!

Here are some "cartoonish" games for you...

1. Teamfortress2. Only the best FPS game out there (to me anyway, but you can't deny how big that game is. Its still going after all these years with tons of fans). The game is polished and amazing.

2. Orks Must Die 1 and 2: It may not last as long as an MMO but the fun factor is so high it will make your brain bleed from pure game awesomeness. I don't care if some people finish it in a day! The fun is just ... wow!

3. Dungeon Defenders: The gameplay is crazy fun, especially with friends and even addictive. This was a cheap game built around an amazing campaign of levels designed for a bit of fun for a few hours of enjoyment. Guess what? It went crazy popular. People are addicted to this thing. Haven't heard of it? Go buy it, play the campaign. What you do after that is up to you.

4. Trine 1 and 2: Not super cartoony but many would say it is. Look, a platform game! Yeah, you may not play it after a week but again, the fun factor is massive and its such a dream to play. Beautiful game.

5. Borderlands. More of a comic look then cartoony but close enough. Yet those bashing TL2 are going to that game. What? Seriously? Personally I found the first one boring but I like the art style they chose. Its different and good on them.

6. World of Warcraft. Yeah, you may hate it now but the game is huge. In fact, its the biggest game in history. Oh, look, the graphics are so "real"... not. Hate it or love it its "cartoony".

TL2 is a beautiful game. The graphics are smooth and easy to look at. The hud is minimal so you can take it all in while bashing faces.

Now compare all these games together and you will notice they don't all look the same. Why is that? Its because they all have their own art style. Its not about colour, its how the character look. Check out the characters in Star Craft and WoW. Are their hands normal size? A game needs more then pretty colours to be "cartoony". Now go watch some Bugs Bunny and you might work out what Im talking about.

In regards to TL2 being better then D3, thats personal opinion. But consider the following:

Dungeons:
--Mobs, Elites, Bosses, BIG BOSSES. Nearly every random dungeon has a Boss. Thats cool. Monsters shoot rockets, spells and all kinds of crazy stuff that fill up the screen, chases you and makes you run away laughing cause' its so cool. D3 the elites just spam you with their crazy affix combo's over and over. I like the Elites, but they really need some balancing and tweaking BIG TIME. Even then, TL2 just has... more! And even if you get your butt handed to you, you still get a good fight at least.

--Secret area's. Haven't found one yet? Thats because they're not on the minimap.

--Big chests of loot. Yeah D3 has them IF you actually find one.

--Locked chests. You actually need a key for these. But once you find one its very exciting. Just adds a little bit of flavor to the chase.

--BIG bosses. Not as shiny to look at as the D3 ones but there are sooo many. D3 has 4. Also, these bosses actually drop good stuff. Not in every dungeon though in TL2.

TL2 also has lots of mobs. You don't have to run far to find some to kill. This makes D3's Normal, Nightmare and Hell look like an empty football field (well, not really but you get it).

Character creation system: Very different to D3 so its personal opinion here. I like both systems but its nice that this one is different. However because you don't get told what to take as a skill, you can create new characters all the time. Why have two Barbarians? Theres no real point to doing it. But it is nice to have at least one.

Always something to do!!!
++In D3 you have the same dull linear quest lines over and over and over and over. You know whats going to happen and where to go. Worse, you know no matter what you do nothing is going to improve. There is very little reward in playing D3. I like the combat, thats why I still play it. But thats it and even then that will last about an hour.

++TL2 is randomized and theres LOTS of randomized stuff. Even outdoor area's. Throw in fishing, random wolves that portal you to more random zones and games, tons of monsters, bosses and on top of that you have the loot.

LOOT... Yes, there is a lot of it. But the game has so much fighting, randomness, little events and bosses (I could go on) loot is the icing on the cake. D3 is about loot. TL2 is about loot, character customization and killing tons of stuff in many, MANY different ways in zones that are ... randomized! I love that word. I thought D3 was going to have randomized maps like D1 and D2. That in itself is a just shocking.

Leveling up - This hit me the other day. I actually had NO idea what level I was. Why? I was having fun. I didn't care what level I was and I was in NO hurry to get to end game. In fact, I started another character just to see if I would have as much fun. The game really starts to take off around level 15 so if you don't get to that, shame on you.

So play TL2 for 10 min and quit. Too bad for you. I was a little skeptical too and bought it for the hell of checking it out. Its actually pretty good. I don't play more then an hour or 2 a day so far but its fun. FUN!! Nothing feels like a grind. Ever. There is always something to do.

I like D3. But its not that fun. It feels like work sometimes. Blizzard need to wake up and realize that having loot 10 levels lower then you, having drops so rare most people never see them and the lack of 'things to do' is killing the game.

Bring back randimized map. Pi** off the linear bad storys. Add more features in dungeons so we dont rush to the end. Stop the grind.

Story -- TL2 doesnt really have one. They hired a writer to just throw one in but even they said its not that big of a deal. Do you know how awesome that is? When you play a game over and over the last thing you want is to go through the same damn story. Its like reading a comic book 100 times. You just want to throw it away. Gameplay, gameplay, gameplay, loot, killing, exploring, random zones, more gameplay etc.. Bring it. Screw story. I want my D1 and D2 random maps where I could start a new character and just jump into a dungeon. Thats it.

======

TL2 has been out less then a week. Its far more perfect then most games released on their first day. Even D3 has had tons of patches\updates\whatever and it still needs so much work its scary. TL2, as it is is fun, not grindy and best of all, no stupid !@# auction house.

Ok Im off to bed. Tomorrow, Im gunna play D3 for a tad as the Barb is kinda cool. Then Im playing TL2 for a few hours. Then Im gunna play some Orks Must Die2 (if I have time).

Thanks for trying Blizz. But a beta is a beta. A good beta, but a beta non the less.

Cheers.
Edited by OoieGooie#6595 on 9/24/2012 4:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
55 Blood Elf Mage
+1 to OoieGooie
Edited by JERVIN#3388 on 9/24/2012 5:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I think TL2 sucks.. I just can't get myself to play it after trying it out with a zerker and a mage.
Reply Quote
09/22/2012 08:36 PMPosted by Fellows
TL2 is fantastice. D3 can't hold a candle to it.

On combat it most certainly can. In fact, TL2 can't hold a candle to D3 in that regard.

Don't wax poetic about something that's clearly flawed. People here are so jaded by item drops, they're praising TL2 for that one single aspect over D3 when in fact TL2 has glaring issues with combat and overall polish.

idk about you , but i like TL2 combat more. Even though there may be some difficulties ( like when a monster swarms around an area and you cant click on an object inside ) it still feels more fun than D3's combat.
To each his own i guess.
Reply Quote
09/23/2012 08:09 PMPosted by Aggravator
Played Torchlight 2. Worse then D3 considerably. Won't play it again.

Cool story.
Reply Quote
Reasons why TL2 > D3:
-40 bucks cheaper!
-no RMAH or AH
-good loot
-MOD CAPABILITY

Only downside to TL2:
-graphics suck

I used to defend D3 before it came out against TL2 fanboys . Now I have to eat humble pie after playing TL2 . Only reason Im posting here is because my arm is sore from playing non stop .

You and me both, dude. You and me both. TL2 is the most fun I've had with a game in a long time.
Reply Quote
Sadly, I have the same experience. I was very skeptical about TL2 ... I wasn't a fan of TL1. I played the free demo and by the end of it, I had 2 parts of a 3 part set. Then, in a Dungeon, I ran into an echanter who hooked me up by putting even more stats on my set pieces. (both of them got 2 enchantments) >>> I was hooked.

But, the thing is this ... I can't imagine that TL2 will have dueling that compairs to the PVP that's coming for Diablo 3. And, while we're on the subject, here are some of my PVP concepts(please ignore the 'catchy' thread title. I was just trying to get attention to the subject)

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6573699980?page=1
Reply Quote
you are forgetting you'll never get bored with TL2 with all the community created MODs & Add-ons

as in Legit quests
user created expansions sets
more classes
more mobs
more pets
more mobs
alternative skill trees
anything you can imagine
more multiplayers on players hosted dedicated servers
go beyond level 100, with mobs that keeps going up
etc

First off, I am a huge fan of the diablo series. Diablo 2 stole most of my teen years so I don't want people to assume im a basher of Diablo 3.

Anyways to be honest i was super skeptic about playing torchlight 2. Diablo 3 for me was the most hyped up I've ever been for a game. My first play threw on my Witchdoctor I had a lot of fun, but now looking back, I think I just had so much fun because I was happy the wait was FINALLY over.

On Torchlight 2 the graphics aren't very good, and to be honest I didn't play the beta so I was going in the dark, I saw some videos on youtube, but that doesnt' really mean much. After about 15 hours on playing Torchlight 2 I realised that I am actually having real fun. The zones are massive, the loot is outstandingly done IE: I am almost always getting an upgrade, the music feels very diablo 2ish (which I love) it has talent trees, attribute points enchanting, gambling, gemstones and probably more than I have unlocked in the campaign yet.

I honestly think that Torchlight 2 as it is now, is better than Diablo 3, but on the other hand, every patch that Diablo 3 has put out is upping the quality of Diablo 3. So I think after a year or so Diablo 3 will be up to snuff with the ARPG's.

All in all, they are 2 similiar games but as it stands you'd be a fool to not spend 20 bucks on this game. I'll go back to Diablo 3 once i get bored or if there is nothing else to do in Torchlight 2...which at that point Diablo 3 would hopefully be smoothed out.

So what do you guys think? TL2 > D3?
Reply Quote
If a game cannot capture my attention after 30mins, I quit . . . simple.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]