Diablo® III

Game Performing A Lot Better Now, Thank You

On my late 2011 Macbook pro. It's still not up to how awesome it was running in 1.02 and before Warden (could run near max visual settings then for some reason), but it is still SO much better still nowadays and well above adequate. I know you haven't "officially" fixed anything and that you're still working on some update or whatnot, but I'm very satisfied so far. Suddenly realized you all deserved this positive feedback and that I should actually post in bnet, instead of just sitting silently complacent. Probably will immediately be buried beneath the "Fix, Fix, Fix!!" posts though :-/

In any case, kudos D3 Team.
Reply Quote
I don't know what they did, but it seems better now. I have been playing on a late 2008 MacBook pro 15 with a 256MB 9600M GT, 2.4GHz core 2 duo and 4GB system ram. I am running OS X 10.6.8. At launch, I couldn’t get the game running on mac side above 5-10 frames/sec making sure I was using the dedicated graphics card. I got by with Windows 7 and boot camp where I was "screaming" along at 25-30 fps. Recently, I installed Diablo 3 on mac side to at least check auctions, started the game and low and behold, I'm getting 30-40 fps with everything low to medium and shadows off at 1440x900 (max res on my laptop). I couldn't be happier! Thank you for your continued attention to mac gamers Blizzard!

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro5,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
Boot ROM Version: MBP51.007E.B06
SMC Version (system): 1.33f8

NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 256 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x0647
Revision ID: 0x00a1
ROM Revision: 3437
gMux Version: 1.7.3
Displays:
Color LCD:
Resolution: 1440 x 900
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Built-In: Yes
Display Connector:
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]