Diablo® III

Metacritic.. D3 88/3.8 vs. TL2 90/9.2

09/23/2012 11:11 AMPosted by Symplectic

What is this "end game" business? What genre did you come from? The MMO crowd I suppose. ARPGs traditionally never had an "end game." The concept was shoe horned into D3 because of the conception they developed for the character and skill system since they fundamentally misunderstand what it means to be an RPG. TL2 understands this point and it shows in the fun, exciting gameplay. The game itself is fun and that alone is enough to get people to come back and roll new characters.

Maybe you are too young but D2 made much of its life off character rerolling. You didn't honestly think everyone who ever played D2 for a decade did so with the same 7 characters did you? I've made 100+ characters because that is the very nature of ARPGs. I think you are looking at it from a D3 viewpoint but that is fundamentally flawed with respect to the genre as a whole.

No endgame means no reason to play after a few times. What's the point of doing the same old content over and over and over again?

You get maps that have different values. That actually adds a lot more dynamic to the end game then what D3 offers. D3 inferno is 100% static.
Reply Quote
Honestly, it's primarily the "new" Diablo fanboys that still vehemently defend this failure of a Diablo game and the people who have been Diablo fans forever or played a lot of Diablo 3 and realized the major shortcomings that have moved on.

I've only played a few hours of Torchlight 2 so I can't give a full review, but I am already more in love with it than I ever was with Diablo 3....
Reply Quote
09/25/2012 04:32 PMPosted by Kasmos
the people who have been Diablo fans forever or played a lot of Diablo 3 and realized the major shortcomings that have moved on.

No, they don't. They still come back for more or to troll; even on Runic's forums, there are always people complaining about Diablo 3, even when you try to avoid the subject altogether.

That's not "moving on" but rather "being unable to let it go".
Edited by JohnnyZeWolf#1953 on 9/25/2012 4:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Its a great game,level 67 Ebermage and having a blast!!

The user scores are a true reflection in my opinion in which game is deemed better.
Edited by Bluddflagg#6648 on 9/25/2012 8:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Suck on that, D3 fanbois.
Reply Quote
JohnnyZeWolf,

I checked your profile. You have put in the least amount of work in D3 i have seen in a while. Even your mains items are 'discouraging'(a 400 damage axe + a 350 sword...).

Its cool that you have your opinions but dont go attacking players who experienced the game more than you.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]