Diablo® III

Question about TL2

I'm currently downloading the TL2 demo on Steam to try it out while still continuing with D3. My only question for now, does TL2 feel "rewarding"? I mean, in D3, you really have to work to obtain what you're seeking for but TL2 seems relatively easy to me.
Reply Quote
This is where you can choose how you play. There are four difficulty levels to choose from, you do not get more / better gear from either however the overall play of the game and the damage the mobs do is significantly increased.

So if you want to just coast through and feel like a powerful god you can play on casual or normal. If you want more of an intense challenge you can play veteran or elite. Add in Online play and monsters are even tough with friends in the game.

:)

So depending on what rewarding is to you, you can play that way.
Reply Quote
But that doesn't make sense then. Why would people increase difficulty if getting the same kind of stuff?
Reply Quote
09/22/2012 10:15 AMPosted by Cruzoik
But that doesn't make sense then. Why would people increase difficulty if getting the same kind of stuff?

For the challenge.
Reply Quote
Because it makes them feel as if they really "worked" for the reward.

I will advise, don't bother with casual or normal mode, even if you are a bad player. Casual is beyond casual, it's more like for young young children that are capable of mashing down some keys on the keyboard and using a mouse.

Normal mode is more challenging but if you've ever played ARPG games in the past, you'll likely be overly skilled for Normal mode, go for the next one up as it presents the challenge in the game or move up above that if it's still not enough challenge for you.

I'm working through Normal right now to get a good build that I can then restart and use and correct my build mistakes in the next difficulty level, but normal level is a good way of seeing what does what and how well it works for you without having to constantly die due to a bad build choice.
Reply Quote
The biggest difference in TL2 Gear is that it is much more interesting. You may find a weapon that does more DPS, but choose to keep one that does less because it has so many other good attributes on it. There is alot more to choose from, and many more ways to build you character around certain types of gear .
Reply Quote

Yeah I mean, you're right why would I care about getting the trophy the Superbowl provides when I can just get a Pee-Wee football trophy instead. I mean they're both trophies whats the difference?

/thread
Reply Quote

What you are implying doesn't make sense. What is the point of playing harder difficult level if it rewards you with better loot. It defeats the purpose if you're getting better gear to off set the increased difficulty.

TL2 loot quality drops is tied to monster level. just like D3. It is just silly D3 forces you to repeat the story multiple times with sleep inducing difficulty level before you get to the level you enjoy.
Reply Quote
So once you start a character in either of those difficulties, you have no connection with the rest of them? Just like between Softcore and Hardcore in D2-D3?

What difficulty do you guys intend to play in the long run?
Edited by Crüzoik#1286 on 9/22/2012 12:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
So once you start a character in either of those difficulties, you have no connection with the rest of them? Just like between Softcore and Hardcore in D2-D3?

In Single Player you are pretty much stuck to the difficulty you chose, from what I can gather that is.

But in Online play, you can join or create games of any difficulty level to play with others.

Single Player I like Elite, online play I try to stick to veteran. With more people in the game the mobs are more than tough enough for my overall group.
Edited by Exphryl#1753 on 9/22/2012 1:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote

softcore/hardcore characters have separate shared stash.
you can change your difficulty anytime but in lan mode with an option to reroll the world.
both options exists in internet play as well.
Reply Quote

Difficulty is only tied to singleplayer.

Multiplayer let's you set the game to any difficulty.

You can use your singleplayer characters for multiplayer.
Edited by Frostraven#1952 on 9/24/2012 1:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
It can be as rewarding as you want it to be. A lot of features rely on the Honor system. If you want to mess around with some convenience mods, that's up to you. If you want to play ball bustingly hard difficulty where every elite mob you kill is a major major victory...that's also up to you.

If you want to faceroll through the game? Also up to you.

Personally, I find it refreshing. And I love it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]