Diablo® III

Honest Comparison TL2 vs D3

Look at my D3 profile... 10 level 60's AND a level 58... 300+ hours spent in D3.... Played D2 for 10 years... Hardcore gamer...

I must say, TL2 is the greatest ARPG of our time. The items aren't to complicated but they have fun stats. You don't "need" any stat... You just play and have fun. Is it easy? Depends on what difficulty you play. Right now, I'm exclusively playing Hardcore Elte mode on TL2. It's very very hard.... In fact, some monsters literally 1 shot you. Why is it fun? Because the DROP RATE in TL2 is respectable. If I kill a boss a few times, I WILL get a unique item. The drop rate is very high and for a good reason, because it's fun.

Diablo 3, I have made numerous suggestions about the item system. I feel the developers of D3 don't understand why there is so much hate towards D3. The item system is one of them but the overall game design. The fact that you MUST do quests and you are stuck in one act at a time.... How many times in inferno did I rescue 6 prisoners in the jail? Makes me want to vommit... The overall design of D3 and the item system is the overall issue with D3. And that is too much to change. Therefore, D3 will only grasp hardcore fans... The 10 year D2 players won't stay.... They will either play Diablo 2 instead because it's still a great game or move on.....

I hate ranting here.... I respect Blizzard soooo much. From WC, to SC, to WoW, to Diablo.... They gave us a gaming history no one else can touch. But D3, this is the first game Blizzard released that wasn't a Blizzard quality title.
Reply Quote
*deleted*
Edited by MarkXKiller#6473 on 9/23/2012 11:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Wholey Cow, OP !!

You have more high level dead hardcore characters than I have total characters. How the hell did you do all that???

Not critisizing you... but thats just... wow.

Got to agree that I like TL2 quite a bit. Not sure if I'd give it the ARPG of Our Time seal yet.
Kinda hard to reconcile your profile with your closing statement of Blizz/D3... but ok, man. You got the creds to say what you want.
Reply Quote
Downloading it now. Don't get me wrong though, Ill be playing both games. But even in the last few months iv played around 5 other games with D3. I even quit D3 until the 1.4 came along which made it better. But still, so many issues.

The only reason Im getting TL2 is for the random maps and getting some loot progression without an auction house. I don't use one for D3, I don't want one for TL2.

Am I expecting a great game out of TL2? Not really. I played TL1 and it was ok. Time will tell.

I just wish people would stop giving "reviews" on TL2 until they have end game content sussed out.
Reply Quote
Downloading it now. Don't get me wrong though, Ill be playing both games. But even in the last few months iv played around 5 other games with D3. I even quit D3 until the 1.4 came along which made it better. But still, so many issues.

The only reason Im getting TL2 is for the random maps and getting some loot progression without an auction house. I don't use one for D3, I don't want one for TL2.

Am I expecting a great game out of TL2? Not really. I played TL1 and it was ok. Time will tell.

I just wish people would stop giving "reviews" on TL2 until they have end game content sussed out.

tl1 is okay, tl2 is like tl1 x 10. and the tl1 characters are the story drivers of tl2!, there's no plans for any auction for tl2 EVER. the next step is torchlight MMO i think?
Reply Quote
55 Blood Elf Mage
+1, respect, because u have hardcore characters, mine are softcores 60s..

exD2 and TL2 player here now..
Reply Quote
Great post. It's good to see other D2 vets around here still.
Reply Quote
I'm no D2 vet at all. D3 was my first action RPG. Tried Torchlight 1 but didn't like it very much. I'm 20 hours into TL2 and it's fantastic. I've been playing LAN with my buddy and the item progression has been really good. MUCH better then what D3 ever offed. I was pretty offended by D3 while leveling. All the rares I got were 5 levels below my character. Not good for me, but clearly good for the AH.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]