Diablo® III

I am using another account to make this post.

OK, for those of you that are having issues logging into the Diablo 3 website, do the following (and hopefully this will fix the problem):

1) If you have a Starcraft II Public Test Realm (PTR) account entry, but do not have an active Starcraft II game license, ask for the Starcraft II PTR account entry to be removed by the customer service/game master representatives via the Account Management Ticket System.

or

2) If you have a World of Warcraft Public Test Realm (PTR) account entry, but do not have an active World of Warcraft account, ask for the World of Warcraft PTR entry to be removed by the customer service/game master representatives via the Account Management Ticket System.

From what I can gather after my very long back and forth between the CS/GMs in my support tickets, the Diablo 3 website is getting confused by battle.net profiles that have PTR access entries when they do not have the corresponding full game license active as well.

Once the offending PTR entry is removed, you should hopefully have access to this forum for posting again!

Thanks heaps for this, I advised the GM I was talking to about it. They removed the SC2 PTR & can now post etc again.
I really think this thread or at least the way to fix it needs to be in a Sticky.
Reply Quote
My Diablo 3 is US region.

My SC2 is SEA region but my account is still active. I submitted a ticket anyway . . .
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
90 Human Priest

My SC2 is SEA region but my account is still active. I submitted a ticket anyway . . .

If you can post, you do not need to submit a ticket. This is only for those that cannot post to the Diablo 3 forums, which you obviously can.

Reply Quote

If you can post, you do not need to submit a ticket. This is only for those that cannot post to the Diablo 3 forums, which you obviously can.

Anyone who posted in this thread was using an alt or friend account to post. Kevan is the OP for the thread and used the "Kevan" battletag to post for an alt with the problem.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
90 Human Priest
Anyone who posted in this thread was using an alt or friend account to post. Kevan is the OP for the thread and used the "Kevan" battletag to post for an alt with the problem.

Ah, ok. I gotcha. Mybad (D'oh!).

I'm very glad that this is working for the players though. Just make sure that if you get a CS/GM representative that refuses to remove the offending PTR entry and closes the ticket on you to try again. There are good and bad reps out there, and the good ones know that only the [WoW2] PTR cannot be removed as it is tied to Annual Pass accounts and cannot be touched prior to the Annual Pass ending. Any other PTR entry can be removed, just like errant trial accounts can be removed.

Reply Quote
Now that I can log in, thank you for posting a solution =) *those pesky SC2 trials*

10/01/2012 07:26 AMPosted by Tiapriestess
Just make sure that if you get a CS/GM representative that refuses to remove the offending PTR entry and closes the ticket on you to try again.

Maybe to avoid this, just make sure when you're filling out the ticket to mention that you are having issues logging into the Diablo3 forum. In my brief 2 line description, I said that and overnight it was resolved.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
90 Human Priest
Maybe to avoid this, just make sure when you're filling out the ticket to mention that you are having issues logging into the Diablo3 forum. In my brief 2 line description, I said that and overnight it was resolved.

Thing is, some people have stated specifically that they need this removed so that they can once again log into the D3 forums, only to have the rep flat out refuse them. Hence the advice to simply try again.

Reply Quote
This also worked for me (Vronak from earlier). Thanks for the info Tia :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Been watching this thread for a long time since I was having the same problem but didnt have a second account to post with. Thanks to the posted fix I can finally post again.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
90 Human Priest
This issue is being fixed once and for all by the web team. The fix will go live on Tuesday, presumably during maintenance:

Hi all,

Thank you for the very detailed reports! We have a permanent fix in for this, that should go live tomorrow (Tuesday), which should bring everything back to normal.

Apologies for any inconvenience!

It took a while to get done, but thanks to all of us that submitted our information, the web team was able to find a fix for this in relatively short order once they had the proper info.

Thanks for being patient everybody, and good forum hunting!

:)

Reply Quote
Finally!!!!!!!

Thanks Tia for the fix.
Reply Quote
Thanks. Kevan is my wife account and it worked. Took them many days to remove PTR from my SEA SC2 account which IS active btw.
Reply Quote
Thanks to all those that persisted with CS and the web team.
First login in over two weeks.
I didn't have anything removed from my account so they must have deployed the fix at some stage yesterday
Reply Quote
great effort everyone... its great to see other peeps expalning an issue when a bug such as this occurs. FYI i havnt changed any PTR settings blizzard just waved their wand in my general direction.
Reply Quote
this works! tell them to remove SC2 PTR, I finally could use forum again!
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
90 Human Priest
With any luck, you should no longer need to ask for the PTR to be removed, as there was a fix that the web team was supposed to implement on Tuesday (yesterday) that solved this. I did try to let them know to push the fix to the EU/AS regions as well, since those sites are still affected by this problem (I get the login error there where I should get my real name and "no characters found" instead).

Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I can confirm that this was resolved without any additional work from my end. I'd also like to point out that I did create a support ticket and was very very impressed, once again, with the support team. I'm a nobody, like the rest of us, and while I may have issues with games, I have yet to have a bad experience with tech support.

Additionally, they told me that they were looking into the issue and would get it resolved as-soon-as they knew why. That was enough for me, so I waited. Sadly, I couldn't post, this is my only account.

Glad they got it working again. :)

Cheers
Reply Quote
It's working now, too bad you can no longer switch between D3 and SC2 usernames.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
90 Human Priest
10/04/2012 04:26 AMPosted by Tyrael87
It's working now, too bad you can no longer switch between D3 and SC2 usernames.

You should be able to, if you have an SC2 username. You no longer use the upper right corner of a page to switch characters. Instead, you now use the profile menu directly left of the text field you use to reply to a post, as that is now where you switch characters/account avatars from.

Not intuitive, but it's still there.

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]