Diablo® III

Sever Nerf?

10/01/2012 01:48 PMPosted by Vaeflare
I just wanted to jump in really quickly to clarify that we have no current plans to change how the Legendary sword Sever or the Rest in Pieces affix functions. I can assure you there is no nerf, and none were ever announced. We were briefly looking into Sever (which is why it appeared in the [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6607333102"]Known Issues List[/url]), but ultimately decided against making any changes.

so its ok, to leave a mistake in the game, but its not ok for a CM wizard to utilize the CM passive that was designed to be used as a way to remove cooldowns? Instead blizzard doesnt touch sever since its a glitch, but CM wizard that was 100% intentional when designed gets nerfed to oblivion because they hate that we remove the timers just like any other class would! WTF is wrong with this picture!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beZXYhihXfE

Look at that, thats why its a barbs world and why they rule diablo 3 and the RMAH
Edited by mat82284#1707 on 10/1/2012 2:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
And there goes the customer's trust, flushed right down the toilet.

lulz.
Reply Quote
Lol first time seeing that video.... that is just insane.
Reply Quote
I just wanted to jump in really quickly to clarify that we have no current plans to change how the Legendary sword Sever or the Rest in Pieces affix functions. I can assure you there is no nerf, and none were ever announced. We were briefly looking into Sever (which is why it appeared in the [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6607333102"]Known Issues List[/url]), but ultimately decided against making any changes.

Sever is not SO strong coz of low dps , so leaving it as it is will be good for fun builds.)
Reply Quote
Sever is actually not that great. It just makes you think you hit really hard with big crits, but it really only gives you insane crits on killing blows.

It works great with life steal against regular monsters, but if you encounter an elite, it takes forever to kill them. People are better off using higher DPS weapons with better overall stats.

It would be great if you could find one with over 1000 Damage, some crit hit damage, life on steal, and a socket, but that'd be pretty expensive...
Reply Quote

Speaking of the known issues.

Monk - Dashing Strike: You can become stuck if you die to a DoT while casting Dashing Strike.

No mention of Barbarian - Furious Charge: You can become stuck just as with Dashing Strike and it is not due to dying to a DoT, you can get stuck, as I'm pretty sure is the case with DS, on full health.

And..

Act 2: Rare Dust Imp monsters do not spawn, preventing certain achievements from ever being completed.

..am I to take it that all the other rare/champion types that don't spawn or don't give credit are now fixed, for to mention only this one?
Reply Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beZXYhihXfE

Look at that, thats why its a barbs world and why they rule diablo 3 and the RMAH

Sorry but that video proves nothing. It took that guy over 3 minutes to kill a small group of monsters. It only looks powerful because of lots of small damage numbers popping up rapidly towards the end. Any DH or Wiz with equal gear would kill the equivalent monsters just as fast if not faster. It seems all you ranged characters forget to factor in the 2 minutes of running around killing nothing just to herd a good sized blob of monsters to kill.

Stop whining.
Reply Quote
In case you aren't aware sever isn't the only weapon with this ability. It's also found on Last Breath and Boneshatter(lol). What it does is pretty cool but not the craziest thing out there. I've used it before and have died it doesn't make you invincible. If you are using 2X 1 handers it only procs when the sever hand gets the killing blow. Unless you have an insane amount of DPS where you are one shoting elites, it's not even remotely game breaking. It is nice to heal when it does proc though but if you have a decent amount of Vit it doesn't fill your bulb from empty to full. Unless you are already doing a crazy amount of damage anyway in which case, enough leech will keep you full as it is.
Reply Quote
Did this really warrant a blue response? How many people actually use the sever gimmick to survive, less than 1% of the user base?
Reply Quote
View profile

Thank you for the update.
Reply Quote
View profile
10/01/2012 03:14 PMPosted by kewlbeanspx
How many people actually use the sever gimmick to survive, less than 1% of the user base?

Not me, I found one with 1152 dps and tried it out. With that amount of dps it isn't a bad sword, but I like what I have already. It sits in my stash.
Edited by GenghisKhan#1476 on 10/1/2012 3:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I'll take a stab in the dark and guess .02 % of the user base uses sever in their main build. Which still begs the question, why did this get a blue response? Did Jay Wilson design this weapon as well?
Reply Quote
Yea, I don't trust anything that Blizz Say's, after they said they wouldn't touch WW build, and go and nerf it into the ground for the barb builds... WTF. Screw blizz. Won't spend another dollar on any of their games. i'll play dIII, but, they won't get a dime out of me.

+1 for reading comprehension you moron, they said they weren't gonna touch WW build in 1.0.4, not any further patch.
Reply Quote
I hope they don't change sever. It's a lot of fun and it's not over powered. It just functions as the poor mans solution to having a substitute for LoH but is still inferior to actually having it. Also, the crit is just for show as the enemy would have died on that hit anyways.
Reply Quote
i dont see what proc you guys are talking about :S
Reply Quote
View profile
What if I have Sever with life steal comming with the weapon? (no skills etc)

Does it still work?

Last hit with high damage -> instant life regen comming from Severs life steal.
Reply Quote
View profile
Ok Blizz representative said NO CHANCHE TO SEVER, so all good.
Reply Quote
Rest In Pieces is currently only cosmetic, except if you have some Life Steal on something (impossible for Witch Doctors using Last Breath).

Any chance you guys could make it actually do anything useful at all? The weapon is pretty much the only weapon with Life Regen, and I use it because of that, but any weapon worth a few million greatly surpasses it in possible DPS increase, thus making it quite useless. I would very much love to build my WD around life regen, but I'm just too temped to switch to get ~25% more DPS (or same/slightly better DPS with same/slightly better survivability with LoH) easily.

Making Rest In Pieces do something useful would make the weapon a bit more viable.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]