Diablo® III

From GW2 to TL2, cuz D3 has better forums

I have notices, about the time of release, Everyone was bailing on D3 for GW2 since D3 was broken, couldnt be fixed, and sucked while GW2 was the best thing to hit pc since D2. Well I now think that everyone has come back after they realized the GW2 was a more socially dependent game, and after everyone got 5 chars to max lvl, and saw that NOBODY did ANYTHING endgame, they decided to give it up. I mean, whats the point of lvling your char for 2 days to lvl 80, if you were just gonna go to an area and try to solo an event and get your !@# handed to you by a lvl 15 mob? Seriously? Level 80 getting pwned by some prissy little 15 mob? Get real. So you all came rushing back to D3, which was still fun, and still gave you a reason to play.

And now? Now we have TL2 on the horizon, a game thats supposed to be at least more comparable to D3. Now I wont say anything about TL2 since I only played a demo of the first on 360. I will say, if they stuck with the cheesy graphics, horrible loot system, and carbon-copy D2 skill system, I wouldnt want to play some Diablo clone. I'd rather play Diablo. BTW...what I mean by horrible loot system, in TL, by half way through the game, I had my endgame gear, and I was invincible. I dont like being invincible. Its not fun to just run around and kill things mindlessly. If thats why you wanna play TL2, then by all means, go back to your GTA style killing, I'll stick with my UberTrist style challenges.

On top of all this? for some reason, you come back to the D3 forums...I gotta wonder why?

----HUGE EDIT/ADD-ON------

Ok, first off, I dont have a lvl 80 GW2 char, never have, prolly never will. The game feeds off of a HUGE need for a community, and if there isnt enough people playing, or nearby, or in the map, group events become the same kind of brick wall that a bad combo elite is in D3. Ever tried doing the Fire Elemental in the Asura starting area with 5 people? Yeah, not possible. My best char is a lvl 37 guardian, and next to him is a 34 ranger. Dont get me wrong, the game is fun, but its way to dependent on the community, and once the game has died off, as it has now, there arent enough people online to do anything fun.

On another note, I may not have a lvl 80 char in two days, but I know many who had a lvl 80 char within the first week, multiple for that matter. Its called crafting, and it lvls you faster than anything else ingame. I have in my guild 6 lvl 80s each with like 200+ craftng in 4-5 craft skills. Real money played a HUGE part in their lvling, since you can buy gems, use gems for currency trade, then buy all the matts you need to craft till lvl 80. Its just as bad, if not WORSE than D3 RMAH.

Those same people complained to no end in guild chat that there wasnt anyone doing any endgame dungeons, that they felt like the game was a wasteland after lvl 30, and it wasnt fun anymore. They were complaining like that from day 1 till day yesterday, when I logged on to spend some influence to expand the guild stash...that cave thingy. They were begging me to take some mats out of the guild stash, and power lvl to do some end game dungeons with them.
Edited by Zalm#1333 on 9/24/2012 12:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
*peeks at profile* ahh.. that explains it... /thread

on a more serious note, you didn't even complete inferno, most of the people have completed it PRE PATCH when it was really hard, and since then its been the same old thing for these players.

*LOGIN*
*CHECK AH*
*OPEN AN ACT 3 GAME*
*VENDOR EVERYTHING*
*LOG OUT*

sorry dude, you'll get there one day
Reply Quote

on a more serious note, you didn't even complete inferno, most of the people have completed it PRE PATCH when it was really hard, and since then its been the same old thing for these players.

*LOGIN*
*CHECK AH*
*OPEN AN ACT 3 GAME*
*VENDOR EVERYTHING*
*LOG OUT*

for me there is no real incentive to beat a4 inferno it drops the same loot as a3 and act 3 is my favorite act. from the first 3 times beating the game.
Reply Quote
Re your GW2 experience:

You leveled a char to level 80 in two days? Really? You must have played non-stop for 48 hours. No wonder you didn't like the game.

You don't like having your xxx handed to you as a level 80 fighting level 15 mobs? Perhaps in all that mad rush time levelling you failed to comprehend that level scaling is in effect so that no matter what level mob you are fighting it will be a challenge. That's a good thing too.

Nobody does anything at endgame? Really? There is tons of variety. You must have missed it after your rush to level five characters.

I come back to this forum for some laughs and to see if D3 is still the horrible game that it was when I left it. I can see it is the same 'ol same 'ol here in D3 land.
Reply Quote
After I hit 80 in GW I went back to some of the lower level zones and even with my level scaled down I was 3-4 shotting mobs. A level 80 character fighting a lvl 80 mob is exponentially harder than an 80 scaled down to 15 fight a level 15 mob. You sir, simply suck at guild wars combat.
Reply Quote
Guild Wars 2 is built around pvp while d3 is built around the RMAH... Can you really in all seriousness claim its worse than the RMAH.
Reply Quote

*LOGIN*
*CHECK AH*
*OPEN AN ACT 3 GAME*
*VENDOR EVERYTHING*
*LOG OUT*

This can be said for every game:

You play CoD/BF?
1) Lauch game
2) Fire some bullets
3) Get a shiny weapon
4) log out

You play fifa/nhl/sport games?
1) Lauch game
2) score some glitch goals
3) get a shiny jersey/stick/shoe
4) log out

You play WoW/TL2/D3/Any mmo
1) Lauch game
2) Grind some exp
3) logout

It's all the same.
Edited by GuyLafleur#1105 on 9/24/2012 12:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
TL2 has the same problems as D3. Except the online only part.

Oh hey a unique! (they are called uniques in tl2) Oh hey it's still crappy stats or for a class I'm not playing.

Oh joy +pet and minion health! My dog will sure survive for half a second more. Wonderful!
Reply Quote
Guild Wars 2 died out? How come I can't join WvW 24/7, because it's full and I need to get in queue?

Some weird !@#$ going on, I guess...
Reply Quote
09/24/2012 12:32 PMPosted by Shugaluv
Guild Wars 2 is built around pvp while d3 is built around the RMAH... Can you really in all seriousness claim its worse than the RMAH.

Its worse, because in essence, with a little knowhow and some good hard cash, you can BUY you LEVELS!, I didnt know I could buy stuff that allowed me to lvl easily and quickly in D3, other than gear to kill better? It still takes ALOT of time getting to plvl 100, and its still a pain to do inferno, though not as much as one with RMAH funding.

In GW2, I can buy mats, sit in town and lvl to max in less than 2 days or crafting crap to sell.
Edited by Zalm#1333 on 9/24/2012 12:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
09/24/2012 12:38 PMPosted by Saga
OP just seems to suck at any game he plays... I mean take a look at his profile for godsake!

What about people who dont play EVERYDAY like you might. I also have a life, Borderlands 2, and work, where I go out of town and cannot play my games at all. I dont log but about 3-4 hours a day in this game, maybe 7 on weekends. Not to mention the hour a day or so I can get into GW2, the hour or so I use to watch some tv and eat and relax, and so on and so forth. Just cuz I dont live in my moms basement, doesnt mean I suck. I just dont play long hours at a time like you.
Edited by Zalm#1333 on 9/24/2012 12:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I dont see myself getting very much farther in Gw2, im currently level 36, and i hate the story, and i dont think i have done any group play because nobody wants to group. its like a giant single player game.
Reply Quote
09/24/2012 12:37 PMPosted by Zalm

Its worse, because in essence, with a little knowhow and some good hard cash, you can BUY you LEVELS!, I didnt know I could buy stuff that allowed me to lvl easily and quickly in D3, other than gear to kill better? It still takes ALOT of time getting to plvl 100, and its still a pain to do inferno, though not as much as one with RMAH funding.

In GW2, I can buy mats, sit in town and lvl to max in less than 2 days or crafting crap to sell.

you fail to understand that gw2 is a completely different game than diablo with different goals. its a pvp game with pve content on the side. When a person plays spvp everyone has the exact same gear no matter what level you are so its pretty balanced. Why does it matter if someone else can buy their levels when it wont affect them in pvp whatsoever? As of now diablo is a pve game with pvp coming (soon?) and when that is released people will be able to buy the top gear with real money and have an advantage over people who don't wanna blow $1000 on a game. you tell me which system is really better.
Reply Quote
09/24/2012 12:42 PMPosted by Saga

What about people who dont play EVERYDAY like you might. I also have a life, Borderlands 2, and work, where I go out of town and cannot play my games at all. I dont log but about 3-4 hours a day in this game, maybe 7 on weekends.

Same here man. How many hours do you think you played Diablo 3 for? And do you believe your gear reflects your play time?

I do think my gear reflects my playtime...btw, I dont use my monk anymore, I use my WD. And I checked, I only have about a combined 250 hours of play across the board. I'm sure some eople here consider their 600 hours WAY better than mine, and thus I suck because of it. Apparently.
Reply Quote

you fail to understand that gw2 is a completely different game than diablo with different goals. its a pvp game with pve content on the side. When a person plays spvp everyone has the exact same gear no matter what level you are so its pretty balanced. Why does it matter if someone else can buy their levels when it wont affect them in pvp whatsoever? As of now diablo is a pve game with pvp coming (soon?) and when that is released people will be able to buy the top gear with real money and have an advantage over people who don't wanna blow $1000 on a game. you tell me which system is really better.

I dont pvp in that game, they have bots. Its not exactly fair when they give you computers to fight with you. also, I didnt pvp in D2, I wont pvp in D3, and I wont pvp in Borderlands 2, if they ever come out with it(which I hope they dont). I dont need to compare e-peen with some kid, I am fine having fun killing monsters and doing dungeons/quests with my friends. If this makes me a bad gamer, than I dont want to be your definition of a good gamer. Games are just that, games. They're supposed to be fun, and competition is never fun when some people have more advantage than the rest. Take CoD series...people hack that game to death, and it makes the game suck, because it ALL ABOUT COMPETITION, and you dont have the advantage. I like co-op, not vs.
Edited by Zalm#1333 on 9/24/2012 12:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]