Diablo® III

From GW2 to TL2, cuz D3 has better forums

you fail to understand that gw2 is a completely different game than diablo with different goals. its a pvp game with pve content on the side. When a person plays spvp everyone has the exact same gear no matter what level you are so its pretty balanced. Why does it matter if someone else can buy their levels when it wont affect them in pvp whatsoever? As of now diablo is a pve game with pvp coming (soon?) and when that is released people will be able to buy the top gear with real money and have an advantage over people who don't wanna blow $1000 on a game. you tell me which system is really better.

I dont pvp in that game, they have bots. Its not exactly fair when they give you computers to fight with you. also, I didnt pvp in D2, I wont pvp in D3, and I wont pvp in Borderlands 2, if they ever come out with it(which I hope they dont). I dont need to compare e-peen with some kid, I am fine having fun killing monsters and doing dungeons/quests with my friends.

Whether YOU pvp or not is irrelvant when someone is trying to refute your claim that the GW2 trading post is worse than the RMAH.
Reply Quote
I used the GAH
Reply Quote
Re your GW2 experience:

You leveled a char to level 80 in two days? Really? You must have played non-stop for 48 hours. No wonder you didn't like the game.

You don't like having your xxx handed to you as a level 80 fighting level 15 mobs? Perhaps in all that mad rush time levelling you failed to comprehend that level scaling is in effect so that no matter what level mob you are fighting it will be a challenge. That's a good thing too.

Nobody does anything at endgame? Really? There is tons of variety. You must have missed it after your rush to level five characters.

I come back to this forum for some laughs and to see if D3 is still the horrible game that it was when I left it. I can see it is the same 'ol same 'ol here in D3 land.

Let see how many hours you have in GW2? 2 hours? I come to this forum to laught at YOU.
Reply Quote

I dont pvp in that game, they have bots. Its not exactly fair when they give you computers to fight with you. also, I didnt pvp in D2, I wont pvp in D3, and I wont pvp in Borderlands 2, if they ever come out with it(which I hope they dont). I dont need to compare e-peen with some kid, I am fine having fun killing monsters and doing dungeons/quests with my friends.

Whether YOU pvp or not is irrelvant when someone is trying to refute your claim that the GW2 trading post is worse than the RMAH.

If you couldnt lvl using the mats and crafting system, then they are on the same lvl. Use real money, get best gear in the game, done. But GW2 is worse since you can lvl your char, making it possible to max lvl in 2 days or less, vs RMAH you cannot do as such at anytime as of yet in D3. No matter how hard I try, or how much money I spend, I cant make it to plvl 100 faster than anyone else with the same efforts. In fact....trying to use RMAH might slow me down while someone else might lvl faster just killing stuff while I shop for stuff to use to kill.
Edited by Zalm#1333 on 9/24/2012 12:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote

If you couldnt lvl using the mats and crafting system, then they are on the same lvl. Use real money, get best gear in the game, done. But GW2 is worse since you can lvl your char, making it possible to max lvl in 2 days or less, vs RMAH you cannot do as such at anytime as of yet in D3. No matter how hard I try, or how much money I spend, I cant make it to plvl 100 faster than anyone else with the same efforts. In fact....trying to use RMAH might slow me down while someone else might lvl faster just killing stuff while I shop for stuff to use to kill.

Because every game should be just like D3.
Reply Quote
09/24/2012 12:58 PMPosted by Shugaluv
Because every game should be just like D3.

No, you just shouldnt be able to buy your lvls. Max gear is fine, I dont care, it makes it easier to kill when someone else with perfect gear is healping, but you shouldnt be able to buy your lvls.

Lets see how many hours most people have fun playing Diablo 3.

I got lucky with 2 100mil+ drops within 2 weeks, but if I had known the amount of time it would take me to gamble on actually getting those drops I would have quit faster. The fact that I was able to get mid-high tier gear that fast allowed me to have fun for the most part...but after nerfs the game just got boring.

I play GW2 have about 60hrs or so on there and maybe 10 hours on TL2, and just because I played those game less hours so far doesn't take away from the fact that both of those game are more FUN than diablo 3 right now.

Also I see your gear is pretty decent, what exactly are you still farming for? I don't know how you justify having to farm avg of 50-100hours for a decent drop, assuming you don't use any of the AHs. Most people just farm stuff to sell on RMAH, are you on of those?

I wasnt sure if he was defending my point or insulting it. But I will take one thing into account here while I have a chance, before this is buried in hate...D3 has become WAY to gear dependent. I miss having the ability to make a char good no matter what gear they wore.
Reply Quote
09/24/2012 01:02 PMPosted by Saga
I used the GAH

I would be pretty pissed if I spent 250hours and that's the gear I had to show for it. It just doesn't seem right to me.

How many hours per piece are you willing to farm for good gear?

I would be willing to farm about....25 hours per peice I guess...I just think to much from D2 where gear wasnt as big an issue. I had my end game gear by lvl 70.
Reply Quote

They are both equally bad. Both systems allow you to buy all your gear, the difference is you can pay arenanet for everything as opposed to buy it all from players like in d3
Reply Quote

Lets not be naive here. Blizzard left many bugs in the game for people to reach level 60 within a few hours, GW2 would take a pretty good amount of real money to level to 80 (each crafting profression is said to give about 10lvls when maxed). Also they fixed the cooking crafting issues if thats what you are talking about. Now Paragon levels isn't really leveling, that's just a bandaid fix to give people a small carrot to keep playing, which also makes 2 of their items stats useless at max lvl.

I'm not sure what the cooking/crafting issue was. I was just saying you could effectively buy your lvls, whereas you cannot in most other games. I like the paragon lvls because eventually they said they would try to weed out any and all mf/gf items in the game in later patches. At least thats what I got out of their reasoning behind the paragon system. I understand that most dont like that idea, but I for one never used mf/gf in either Diablo game. Just a personal thing, no real reason. I wouldnt care if they took mf/gf out, but I know the fallout would be unbearable. it sorta is a staple of Diablo games...then again, so was skill points.
Edited by Zalm#1333 on 9/24/2012 1:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Let see how many hours you have in GW2? 2 hours? I come to this forum to laught at YOU.

Lets see how many hours most people have fun playing Diablo 3.

I got lucky with 2 100mil+ drops within 2 weeks, but if I had known the amount of time it would take me to gamble on actually getting those drops I would have quit faster. The fact that I was able to get mid-high tier gear that fast allowed me to have fun for the most part...but after nerfs the game just got boring.

I play GW2 have about 60hrs or so on there and maybe 10 hours on TL2, and just because I played those game less hours so far doesn't take away from the fact that both of those game are more FUN than diablo 3 right now.

Also I see your gear is pretty decent, what exactly are you still farming for? I don't know how you justify having to farm avg of 50-100hours for a decent drop, assuming you don't use any of the AHs. Most people just farm stuff to sell on RMAH, are you on of those?

Yes, GW2 and TL2 are both more FUN than D3, but you have more hours in D3 than those 2 games combined!

shouldn't people play the games for hours and hours they find fun? Are you one of those people that HATES D3, and yet continue play it because you hate it and enjoy pain? Enjoy the feeling you NEVER find anything good? Enjoy the feeling everyone elses are finding things that you will never find?

You know? things can get old and people lose interest. Just like GW2, after 60 hours, you lose interest. TL2 after 10 hours, lose interest.

I farm gear because my DH and WD both are under geared, everything they have on, I farmed myself. Everything my monk is wearing right now, I farmed myself (except main hand. I don't really need it either), doesn't take hundreds of hours to get upgrades for myself even now. I sold items on rmah, I think 6 items, total $600. I don't sell items I can use.

I use GAH, and I have fun buying little things like mara's amulet that nobody wants to try out the +dmg build for my monk. The only big ticket item is my main hand which costed me 4m. Tiny compare to what other people pay for their gear.

I play this game because I can stop anytime I want, I can pause anytime I want. I am not one of those people that thinks "omg, I am at 5nv I must keep going." or "I just got disconnected with 5nv, I am running to the forums and !@#$% about servers."
Reply Quote
As I said...It is a staple of Diablo games, but then again, Skill and Stat allocation were pretty much the end all be all for D2. Most people strove for lvl 99 just because they got the LAST LITTLE SKILL POINT. I did it, and thats what gave the game life. Thats the reason I like playing it to this day. Skill points. The items in D2 were usually trash, and you only used certain items anway by end game, and everyone had the same ones. That sucked, but what made us different from each other was our skills. You had a paladin, so did I! But was yours a Zealdin? No...yours was a hammerdin. What about Necromancer? You liked using the PnB build? I loved the summonancer! Dont get me started on all the barbs and druids. Thats what made D2 better, skill points. Getting rid of one staple was bad enough, and though it is a staple I never used, doesnt mean it would be a good thing to dispose of the second.
Reply Quote

They are both equally bad. Both systems allow you to buy all your gear, the difference is you can pay arenanet for everything as opposed to buy it all from players like in d3

You mean people didn't buy gear in D1, and people didn't buy gear in D2? Are you this naive to think the rmah concept won't exist if blizzard didn't implement it?
Reply Quote

You mean people didn't buy gear in D1, and people didn't buy gear in D2? Are you this naive to think the rmah concept won't exist if blizzard didn't implement it?

They did buy in the original games...and I was fine with that, I dont like people buying their lvls from GW2 trading post.
Reply Quote
*peeks at profile* ahh.. that explains it... /thread

on a more serious note, you didn't even complete inferno, most of the people have completed it PRE PATCH when it was really hard, and since then its been the same old thing for these players.

*LOGIN*
*CHECK AH*
*OPEN AN ACT 3 GAME*
*VENDOR EVERYTHING*
*LOG OUT*

sorry dude, you'll get there one day

This can be said for every game:

You play CoD/BF?
1) Lauch game
2) Fire some bullets
3) Get a shiny weapon
4) log out

You play fifa/nhl/sport games?
1) Lauch game
2) score some glitch goals
3) get a shiny jersey/stick/shoe
4) log out

You play WoW/TL2/D3/Any mmo
1) Lauch game
2) Grind some exp
3) logout

It's all the same.

ESTI QUE TA RAISON MAN!!!!!
Reply Quote
[quote]

You dont seem to understand what i am saying.

Players in diablo 1, 2 and 3, can buy things from other players in diablo 1, 2, 3. in guildwars 2 players are able pay the makes of guild wars 2 cash money to advance.

Thats the difference, and imho worse.

People complain that d3 is all about the RMAH and how you cant win without the RMAH.

You literally cant do things in Guildwars 2 without someone spending moeny. Can open certain chest without keys. Can unlock storage space without using gems.

Guildwars 2 tradingpost is worse then the diablo auction house.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]